Chapter ::3

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

Sehun and I walked out of class. The cold air was a welcome change from the stuffy atmosphere of the mini studio. "Uh, Sammy?"

I turned around to face him. "Yeah, what's up?"

"Ah...well, you see, I was wondering if you would maybe want to go have some ice cream with me. You know, as thanks for being my "tutor" today and also in celebration for being selected to do the couple dance."

My heart was beating so fast. It was probably just because of the workout we just had. “Of course. I love ice cream~” I said while grinning. And it was true. I really did love ice cream, ever since the first taste.

Calm down, Sammy. This is not a date. I repeat, this is not a date; so no holding hands or skinship.

What was I worrying about? Of course it was not going to be a date. We’re only friends.

“So, where’s the ice cream at?” After a quick walk and talk, you arrived at the park where they sold the best ice cream in Seoul.

--SEHUN’S POV--- 

 I cannot believe that she said yes. When we were walking through the park, the ahjummas started to whisper, “What a cute couple, they look so happy walking next to each other.” I looked over and saw Sammy blushing. Aah, how cute is she? I’m really wishing that I was just free to be her boyfriend, instead of having to be restrained by those stupid dorm rules…

All of a sudden, one ahjumma stopped me and whispered, “Give this to her! Fighting! ~”. “Ah- ahjumma, but we’re not a couple!” I whispered back as she placed an angel bear plush in my palm.

She obviously didn’t hear me. My heart was racing as I tapped Sammy on the shoulder, ready to give her the keyring.

--SAMMY’S POV--

I turned around and saw Sehun standing there. “Close your eyes. I promise I won’t do anything bad.” I did so.

“Now, hold out your hand please~” I did that too, and I suddenly felt something soft, small and furry. I opened my eyes, and right there lying in my small hands was an angel bear plushie! My mouth made an ‘o’ shape and I just stared at Sehun before breaking out into a smile. “Sehun, thank you so much. It’s adorable.”

“He shrugged and said, “One of the ahjummas gave it to me.” Sehun chuckled a little.

I don’t know what came over me. “Thank you thank you thank you thank you!” I rushed up and hugged him. Rather tightly.

--SEHUN’S POV--

I didn’t know what to do when Sammy hugged me. Where were my hands meant to be? I found myself hugging her back, and it felt like we were meant to be together. Corny, I know, but I honestly felt like that. I felt like I needed to protect her. Not that she was weak, but she seemed like she was fragile.

I felt her stir in my arms and immediately let go. Aish, Sehun, what were you thinking? You’re not even a couple, yet you’re hugging her like this?

My cheeks were burning. “Um, sorry. About that.” I said while shrugging my shoulders and scratching the back of my neck. “I- I guess it’s time to get going.”

--SAMMY’S POV--

It made sense that he pulled away from me. We’re not even a thing. You totally wish you were though.

“I guess it’s time to get going.” Why was his voice shaking? Because he was cold?

“Ah, yeah…Sehun, thanks for tonight. The plushie was adorable. Let’s be friends?”

He nodded his head so quickly and eagerly that he reminded me of a child, and I laughed. No one has ever made me laugh like that except for Seohyun.

We parted ways. When I arrived home, umma still wasn’t there. How long does she take to come back from a meeting? Then the phone rang. I ran to pick it up. “Hello?”

“SAMMY! I have been calling for the past half hour! Where have you been? Are you hanging out with bad people? You’re not doing drugs or drinking are you?”

“Well, you caught me at just the right time, umma. I came home from a playdate with Seohyun and another classmate. Nothing to worry about. And I’m too young to drink.”

“Ah… thank goodness. I’m just ringing to tell you that I won’t be back for another two days. Mianhae, Sammy-ah. You must be lonely. I’ve wired some money into your account so you can use the money for groceries and clothes and general shopping.” I smiled. “Thanks umma. I’ll spend it wisely. Love you!”

“That’s my girl. Love you too, Sammy-ah. Be safe okay?” She hung up.

I got ready for bed and snuggled in next to my angel bear. I stared at it for a little while. Thinking about Sehun, his smile, and his hug. I felt so warm and safe in his arms. I wonder if he thinks of me like I think of him?

My eyelids started to flutter and I fell asleep.

===AFTERWORD==

Hey guys, I need a name for the angel bear. Anyway, hoped you liked this chapter. It's full of fluff hehehe~

Also, thankyou to my very first subscriber: susy24. I love you~~