Chapter ::1

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

I heard a rustling sound outsde my window, and the crunch of fallen autumn leaves.

I got out of bed and looked through the window, and there he was. That boy who had no name and appeared in my dreams every night, with face that seemed like he needed to be saved.

 

I woke straight up after that dream. I’ve had that dream every night since I came back to Korea from living in America for two years. It was creeping the hell out of me, but I couldn’t shake this uncanny feeling that I would meet him soon. I wonder what he’d be like. Obviously the shiny brownish hair, flawless skin and beautiful eyes would be the same. I think he’d be even more handsome up close.

I got ready for school. No makeup for me, I didn’t need any. Plus, makeup makes your skin age quicker than normal- and nobody wants that. I fixed my hair into a half-up half-down style. Looking at the clock, I had to leave in about half an hour. Wow. I woke up late today. I walked into the kitchen, expecting to find my umma sitting with coffee and a newspaper. Instead, I found a note saying:

Dear Sammy,

Please make your own breakfast today, because I have a meeting to go to.

Love, Umma.

 

Umma sure is busy at this time of year. I guess she would be. I mean, her new fall line is coming out. She has to design the pieces, select models and promote all at the same time. That’s right. Mum is a fashion designer, and according to those in her profession, she’s one of the elite. That also means that I am rich. Only my umma and I live in the condo in Korea. Appa stayed behind in the U.S to finish selling our house, but he’ll probably be back in five or six months. I miss him badly. Even though I’m rich, I haven’t let it go to my head. Umma won’t allow out of control parties where people get drunk, expensive cars or huge designer wardrobes (I do have some designer pieces though). I’ve been used by people in the U.S for my money, so my trust is limited to very few people: my parents and best friend Seohyun.

 

Today was my first day at Seoul Performing Arts Academy. I’m going to major in dancing and singing, since those two are my strong points. I don’t think I’ll fare well in the drama department. I just can’t do serious scenes. I always end up laughing -.-“

~~AT SCHOOL~~

I got tackled at the school gates. By Seohyun. Aish, that girl has too much energy. She let out the loudest scream in the history of the universe.

“Sammy!! Oh my gosh, I’ve missed you so much! How have you been? Met any boys?”

“Seo. Calm down. I only got back yesterday and may or may not be suffering from jet lag.”

“Meanie. You could have at least said hello back.” She pouted.

I gave her a hug and walked into school with our arms linked together. Suddenly, we her stopped by one scary manicured hand. It belonged to Minji, the school’s self-proclaimed queenka. She smirked and said, “Hi brat. Welcome back to Korea. Hope you won’t stay long. By the way, how much money is in your wallet today?”

Her friends giggled. Everyone was crowding around hoping for a huge fight. Minji only bullied me because my family was richer than hers. Our grudge goes back all the way to preschool when I still lived in Korea. Our families love each other, but we hate other. Whenever we got together for some function, it would just be the usual kicks under the table, fake smiles and very discreet insults.

“Minji, today i only have my student card. No money, because I don’t need it. How’s your job as an doing? Still getting paid minimum wage?”

I don’t know why I said that. I guess I just wanted her to get out of my face. She looked furious, and people were pointing and we whispering. I gave her a quick smile and walked off with Seohyun in tow. She was trying to hold her laughter in. When I stopped walking, it all came out.

“Sammy, where did you pull that out from? Did you see the look on her face? What have the Americans been teaching you?”

“Nothing. The Americans have taught me some good comebacks. Just translate them into Korean and off we go. Now, let’s go to the assembly. The bell just rang. Didn’t you hear it?

The welcoming assembly was very quick. Our principal looked like he was only in his early 40’s. Isn’t that young for a principal? We then scanned our student cards at the First Year office and got our timetables. Seohyun and I had all of the same classes, except instead of two periods of dance and one period of singing like me, she had two periods of drama and one period of dance. Luckily we had dance together for one period. Best thing was, i wouldn’t see Minji’s face more than once during the day.

~~LATER (DANCE CLASS YERYERYERYER.)~~

The day went by pretty quickly. Finally, it was time for dance. Miss Park was our teacher. According to the seniors, she was strict but nice, and the best dance teacher in the school. The class was pretty fun. We worked on core strength first and then techniques. After a while of just stretching and five-minute rests, we started on a contemporary piece based on the song ‘Angel/ Into Your World’ by our school’s current top group Exo-K. I heard their counterparts in China named themselves Exo-M. Makes sense.  

~~~~~~~~AFTERWORD~~~

So. Did you like it? please comment telling me if I should update ^_^. 

 

I love all the readers here, and i would be eternally grateful if there was even one comment on here.