Chapter 21::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

My nerves were getting the better of me. Everybody else who was performing (or competing, I should say) we’re practicing scales and high notes and the lot, while I was standing there looking like a deer in front headlights. At this rate, I don’t think I can perform.

I tried breathing exercises, I tried meditating, I tried EVERYTHING, but nothing worked. My heart rate only sped up when I felt a pair of arms make their way around my waist. “Guess who?” That husky, deep, but sweet voice which I knew so well whispered right next to my ear. I turned around and greeted his smiling, excited face.

“Sehun. Thank god you’re here. I’m so nervous, I-I don’t think I’m going to s-sing, much less make it up onto that stage. Look how many people there are! I’ve tried everything you taught me for when I’m nervous, l-like the breathing exercises, a-and the meditation, but-” Sehun put a finger on my mouth, effectively shutting me up in the middle of my rant.

“First of all, hello to you too Sammy. Second,” he suddenly kissed me, without even caring that the teachers and students were all watching him. Then he held me close to his body. “I know you’re going to do well, okay? You’re Sammy, who will not take crap from anybody, especially not from a singing performance. My girl, who is incredibly awesome and insanely talented.”

I pushed him away with my head down because I was blushing. “You’re so corny.” I muttered. He let out a laugh. “Come on, you’ve still got half an hour until your performance. My group will help calm you down.”

We walked over to the round table where the group was sitting. Kai was talking animatedly with Seohyun, who was blushing and giggling, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were looking at pictures on Chanyeol’s Ipad, and D.O and Suho were talking about food, namely what to make for dinner that week. (Umma and Appa planning the children’s meals! Ahaha :’)

“Ahem.” Sehun cleared his throat causing their attention to turn to the two of us. Their mouths dropped.

“Why are you guys staring at her like that?”

Seohyun spoke up. “With all due respect, Sehun-oppa, are you stupid enough to not have noticed how incredibly pretty your girlfriend looks at the moment? You should have been the first to notice.” I turned towards Sehun, and he turned towards me. His jaw dropped just like the rest of the group, and started blushing.

“Sammy, you… um… yeah. You look be-beautiful. Yeah.” He then hid his face in his hands while everyone laughed. I took Sehun’s hands off his face and gave him a smile. “I’m fine now. I think that’s just what I needed.”

The group gestured for us to sit down, and we took our places while holding hands and chatting about my performance. I stared in amazement at the performers. They were all so talented. I wonder if I’ll have a chance against them…

A hand tapped my shoulder. I looked up to see Seohyun grinning at me. “Don’t think I don’t know what you’re thinking. Come on a walk with me. As your best friend, that is my command.”

I rolled my eyes and got up. “We’re leaving for five minutes. Taking a walk. And no, you are not allowed to come Kai.” I said as Kai stood up, ready to walk out with us. He sat down, disappointed. Does he have a thing for Seohyun?

“I know you think that all of those other performers are way more talented than you, and that you probably won’t stand a chance against them, and all of that whatnot.” I nodded. Seohyun knows me so well, it’s almost creepy.

“Well then. You have one of the hottest guys in the school as your boyfriend, you have the awesome me for a best  friend, and you are amazingly talented, so much so that you may or may not be a prodigy or something like that.” I laughed. “The ‘awesome’ you?” I smirked.

Seohyun playfully shoved me and then we heard an announcement over the loudspeaker. “Will performers #23, #24, #25 and #26 please come backstage? The stage team needs to connect up your microphones!” I heard a girl’s calm voice come through the speaker.

I was number twenty-six, and Seo was number twenty three. We walked towards the backstage entrance, where the boys and the audience wouldn’t be able to see us. We suddenly got separated and pushed down into comfy pink chairs. “A tiny bit of foundation, so you won’t look too shiny, and a little lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner, okay?” asked a girl whose hands were gripping mascara wands, lip gloss tubes and various other beauty tools and products. I nodded as she got to work.

I started getting massaged on my shoulders. It was Seohyun. “I’m up in two performers. But I’m going to give you my special massage, which you love so much.” She smiled. I tilted my head back, much to the chagrin of the makeup girl. I quickly tilted my head the other way. “Okay, it’s done.”

I only properly looked in the mirror at that moment, and gasped. “I-is this really…me?” The amount of makeup was really the bare minimum, but somehow I looked enhanced. There were little gold highlights just under my brow bone which faded into a nice shade of light brown. You couldn’t tell I had any makeup on from a distance. “Are there makeup courses at this school?” I curiously asked, eliciting a laugh from the girl.

“No, I’m doing an arts major… or something like that. Fortunately, I know what goes with what, and I do make up outside of school.” She giggled. “I’m glad you like it.” I nodded gratefully, and she disappeared to go and help the other performers. Seohyun was making her way onto the stage.

“SEOHYUN, FIGHTING!” I shouted. I got everyone’s weird stares and Seohyun’s eye rolling. She winked and went up on stage. Turns out that the makeup room is actually soundproof. You can’t hear the performers singing, and no sound got out. Impressive.

The next two performers did their thing, and then it was my turn. I quietly walked onto the stage in my flowing Grecian dress and slightly wavy hair, and while I waited for the music to start, I searched the crowd. I saw the B.A.P oppas making victory signs, and was faintly aware that Daehyun oppa was on the judging panel. I searched the crowd even harder and found the person I was looking for.  Sehun.

I took a deep breath and let my voice flow out of me. This song was empowering, especially when you had someone you were singing it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3wjwKoTT9w&feature=BFa&list=PL2F2339FBE2A6A772

There were smoke machines on either side of the stage, and there was a slight artificial breeze. As I launched into the bridge, the lights suddenly became brighter and I noticed that there were digital swirling patterns on the floor and that there was a camera right in front of me. Is this being broadcasted?

I pushed the thought out of my head and sang into the camera instead. The song ended on a small high note and then the lights suddenly dimmed. There was a spotlight on me, but the audience was silent. Did I sing badly…? I was about to make my way off the stage, and the audience were all up on their feet and clapping. A standing ovation? No way! Some people were even crying, others, I noticed were being loving with their partner. I thanked Ailee in my head for her creation of this song.

I bowed to the judges and smiled at Daehyun who gave me a wink. I grinned and ran backstage, right into Seohyun’s arms. “Standing ovation!! Girl, you are on a roll!” she exclaimed. I was puzzled. “How did you know?”  I asked.

“Duh. It’s being broadcasted to the whole of South Korea. Did you not notice the camera? I was watching it on my tablet.”

My mouth made an ‘o’. Just then eleven people came rushing in. Suho, Baekhyun, D.O, Kai, Chanyeol, Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup, Youngjae, Zelo, and finally Sehun. “SAMMY!!!!!” they all yelled at once.

“That was amazing!”

“We’re so proud of you!”

“She’s going to become a star. It’s so obvious!”

“Dude, are you like, from outer space or something?”

“There were people crying all around me!”

I laughed at Chanyeol’s observation. I noticed Sehun standing in the background, smiling. I knew he couldn’t get to me because of everyone else. Instead, he held up a piece of paper. It said:

You did great! I’m so proud of you~

We’ll become stars together, neh?

;)

 

My smile only got wider. “Alright, people out of the way, best friend coming through!”

I saw Seohyun push her way to through the mass of boys, followed by a tall man in a suit. She then stared at me. “You didn’t know that there was an S.M scout here, right?” I was shocked.

“Sammy, meet Mr Song. S.M scout.” I bowed and introduced myself.

“Annyeonghaseyeo, Park Sammy imnida. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you Sammy. I saw your performance. Congratulations on getting an invitation to the annual S.M competitions. As a scouted individual, you have a slightly better chance of passing the first round, by not by much. However, I am sure that you will succeed.” He spoke so robotically. I smiled and thanked him.

Mr Song handed me an envelope with the S.M logo on it. It was A4 size and a little bit thick. So much paperwork… aish. I had hoped that Umma would be here, but she’s still busy promoting again. I sighed at that last thought. Umma usually only came for dance performances and ceremonies. Pfft. She doesn’t even know I can sing. She only knows that I can dance.

My vision was suddenly blocked as a pair of hands covered my eyes. “Get your hands off me before I wushu your .” I said in a menacing voice. I hated when people did that to me. They might find it cute, but I find it creepy. What if there was a ert or something going to kidnap you??!

“Wushu me? I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want to do that to a judge.” I turned around and gasped. “Daehyun oppa! Sorry, I thought you were Zelo or something.” He chuckled.

“Your performance was amazing. The lady next to me was actually getting happily teary. I was surprised because the judges are usually so stone faced. Any scouts?”

I glared at him. “You knew? And yes.” I held up the envelope.

Daehyun started to explain how much the judges knew about the guests and which company would send scouts, but I was too focused on trying to find Sehun. His words faded out as my flitted around the room. Sehun wasn’t anywhere. That’s weird. I thought he’d be with B.A.P and EXO-K.

I frowned. Daehyun waved a hand in front of my face. “Looking for Sehun, huh?” I shook my head then nodded. “Sorry oppa. What were you saying?”

“Nothing important. Now, I believe am I holding up the proceedings, and you have a boyfriend to find.” He winked as he walked up onto the stage again, while I felt my ears go red. Dammit, Sehun. Where are you?

A light bulb went off inside my head. It was only then that I realised that both groups had left the backstage room. Sehun’s at the tree.

I ran as fast as my heels would let me without tripping over. Past the cafeteria, the small student-run café, and the entrance to the school office, and there he was. Headphones on, leaning against a tree, and bobbing his head to the music with total bliss on his face.

I almost fell down laughing. He looks so unaware. With that thought, I crept up behind him and pinched the back of his neck.

--SEHUN’S POV--

I needed fresh air, so I walked out of the backstage room and to the tree where Sammy and I shared a kiss. She was amazing up on the stage, I feel like I could listen to her sing forever. Thing is, my group and I are going to debut in about three months, and then we’ll be busy. I won’t be able to see Sammy as often as I do now. We’ll all get pulled out of school.

I was still deep in thought when somebody pinched the back of my neck. “YAH!” I turned around, only to see Sammy with a mischievous grin on her face. I laughed.

“Sehun~ where did you go?” she asked, while poking my cheek. I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. I looked up and she was blushing. I smirked. “I needed some fresh air. It smells like hairspray in that room. By the way, you were incredible up there.”

She giggled and thanked me.

I wonder when the right time is for when I tell Sammy what’s happening in three months.

We walked back to the auditorium. Sammy changed out of her outfit, much to my disappointment, and we walked back to the dorm together. She’d be spending the night again.

==A/N==

Comment if you're actually reading this author note, and tell me how you think the story is going!! Give me suggestions, I'm kind of stuck on how to continue this >.<

By the way, have you heard B.A.P's 'NO MERCY'? 

 

And that photoshoot that EXO-K did? Where you could see what was under Chanyeol's shirt and everybody looked incredibly handsome especially Sehun?

 

And I was like ^^ and

 

 

By the way, this person on You Tube was being and anti and I was all like,

 

And then my brother took my slice of cheesecake, and I was like,

When in reality I actually was.

OHMYGOD D.O YOU'RE SO CUTE!!!! LOOK LOOOK LOOOOOOOOOK LOOOOOOOOOOK!!!

 

My rant is finished. 

sammyBee xx.