Chapter 20::

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

The day of the competition was officially a week away. I was so excited but nervous, so I practiced my heart out everywhere I went. I was thinking about having a little escapade on the weekend where I would focus on nothing but my voice, seeing as it was Saturday tomorrow.

I was humming while working on my history worksheet. We were currently learning about the Renaissance era. I was interested because that was when ballet was created. (I am classically trained as well, I go to classes three times a week!~)

Then, to my amusement, the whole class was assigned to researching a part of fifteenth- century French culture. You guessed it, I chose to do the creation and development of ballet. (A/N: Man, I wish I had an assignment like this. I’d get it done in a night.) I walked out of class reading through the brief when I bumped into someone’s chest and dropped my papers.

“Ah, sorry. Here.” A hand picked up my papers and held them out. Sammy! React! I got up and steadied myself, ready to thank the person.

“Daehyun oppa! Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I gently took my stuff out of his hands, and I heard him chuckle. “You look pretty happy for someone who just got an assignment.”

“Ah, yeah. I get to research dance in fifteenth- century France.”

“You’re a dancer as well as a singer? That’s pretty amazing for a junior.” I blushed. “Not really. Dance is still my stronger suit.”

“I’m sure you’ll do well. Are you free right now?” he asked.

“No, actually. Free study period. I’m planning to work on assignment. Why?”

“Ah… I see. Actually, I wanted to ask if you could sing for me, in front of my group. I want to hear what your singing is like so I can put in a good word for you to the other judges.” He said.

I blinked. “You would really do that?” Daehyun just nodded. “Even if I’m the most horrible singer on planet earth?”

Another nod.

“Okay.” I agreed and walked to the music rooms with Daehyun, and sitting there were five boys chatting and play- fighting with each other. Daehyun cleared his throat and their attention turned to me, their eyes inquisitive. “Daehyun hyung, who’s this?” asked a boy with his hair dyed pink.

“Zelo, this is my dongsaeng Sammy. Sammy, meet B.A.P.” he gestured to the five boys. I bowed to them. “Nice to meet you all.” I gave them a smile.

“Ahh, Daehyun, she’s cute!” A guy with short, black spiky hair stood up and pinched my cheeks. I giggled. “My name is Himchan. Pleased to meet you!” he shook my hand vigorously, which in turn shook the rest of my body.

“Himchan, please control yourself.” Another boy stood up and dragged Himchan away from me. “I’m Bang Yongguk, B.A.P’s leader.” I bowed to him and said, “Please take care of me~”

He smiled and dragged another member forward. He had normal brown hair. He scratched the back of his head and held his hand out. “Jongup. Nice to meet you.” I shook his hand and he hurriedly walked to where Zelo was. I laughed on the inside. He’s shy, isn’t he?

This guy was blonde and had the hair on the right side of his head shaved off, and a kind of distracted look in his eyes. “And I am Youngjae. Pleased to meet you, Sammy-ah.”

I smiled at all of them and they returned my smile with victory signs, chuckles and even bigger grins. “Guys, Sammy is competing in the singing competition next Friday. I asked her to sing for us today so I could put in a good word for her with the judges.” Their jaws dropped. “Daehyun, isn’t that a bit unfair to the other competitors?” Yongguk asked. Daehyun shrugged then turned to me. “You ready?”

I nodded and opened my mouth to let everything come out. I was singing ‘Heaven’ by Ailee, who was actually a good friend of my family’s.

Neol wihaeseo maeil utgo neol wihaeseo gidohago
Ni saenggage jamdeulgo neol bureumyeo nuneul ddeo
Nae yeopeseo jikyeojugo nae yeopeseo gamssajuneun
Neon naui cheongugingeol

 

You’re my only one way
Ojik neoreul wonhae naega ni gyeote isseume gamsahae
You’re the only one babe
Himdeun sesang soge sarangeul alge haejun
Neo hanaro naneun haengbokhae

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Uri hamkkeramyeon we will never cry never never cry

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Yeongwonhi duriseo never gonna be alone

 

TRANSLATION

I smile for you every day, I pray for you
With thoughts of you, I fall asleep - I open my eyes as I call for you
You protect me by my side and you embrace me
You are my heaven

* You're my only one way
Only for you - I am thankful that I am next to you
You're the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world - I am happy with you alone


 

 

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven  

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
If we're together we will never cry never never cry

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Forever, together - never gonna be alone

 

I had the same effect on them as I did with my EXO-K oppas. Complete silence, jaws dropping to the floor and an amazed look in their eyes. I immediately dropped my gaze to the floor and hoped they didn’t see my now blushing cheeks.

 

I felt someone grip my shoulders and looked up, only to see Daehyun’s eyes staring into mine. “Sammy, you have no idea how talented you are. You’re going to far someday, maybe even farther than me.” And with that, he dropped to the floor with a completely… joyful look on his face, perhaps?

 

I looked to the rest of B.A.P. “Sammy noona. YOU’RE GONNA SMASH THE COMPETITION!!! FIGHTING!~” Zelo ran up and hugged me. I laughed. “Thankyou Zelo. And PLEASE do not call me noona. It sounds weird coming from someone who’s only a year or two younger than me.” I wrinkled my nose and Zelo pouted. I just patted his pink hair.

 

Right at that moment, I heard EXO-K shouting my name through the halls. I poked my head out of the music room door. “What?” Their heads all turned towards me and rushed forward in a stampede.

 

I braced myself for impact, but instead found myself in Sehun’s arms. He smelled fresh. I sniffed the collar of his jacket. “Sehun, did you take a shower?” He nodded while still holding me. “Kai and I just had basketball trials. The results come out next week.”

 

I smiled up at him. “Sehun oppa, FIGHTING!~”

 

All of a sudden, I felt myself being lifted off the ground and spun around. I held on for dear life. “Sammy, as much as I know you love me, you’re kind of choking me at the moment.”

 

“Let me down then.” Sehun gently placed my feet back onto the floor. I stood on my tippy toes and whispered ‘Saranghae, oppa’ in his ear.

 

“I want you guys to meet some new friends of mine.” I lead the group into the music room and said, “EXO-K, meet B.A.P”

 

They stared at each other , then at me, then back to each other.

 

This is weird. Why aren’t they talking?

 

==A/N==

Did you know that the ‘~’ sign is called a tilde? Thank you very much Wikipedia.

Thank you so much for subscribing, najamuzen and jermainey. I love youuuu!!

Ooh, are they going to fight? You guys won’t know unless I get a few more comments on this ^_^. I I mean a few. Not just one.

COMMENTS ARE MY MOTIVATION~~ And I'm really sorry for not updating for two days--> TOO MANY ASSIGNMENTS AND STUFF OTL. Man, I wish I could do Sammy's dance assignment. TT_TT".

sammyBee xx.