Chapter ::12

Of A Dancer's Romance...

 

I looked through the glass windows of the shopping centre and frowned. It was raining. I hated the rain, because it made people sad. “Sammy-ah, why are you angry?” asked Baekhyun, while poking the space between my eyebrows. I sighed and relaxed my eyebrows, then said, “It’s because it’s raining, oppa. Rain makes people sad, and for that reason, I hate it.”

He gave me a puzzled look and broke into a smile. “What? Do I have something on my face?” I started to go through my bag, looking for my compact mirror. “No, there’s nothing on your face, but you are definitely one of a kind. Most girls hate the rain because it makes their hair frizz up!” He laughed sweet laugh that had me laughing too. I’m one of a kind, huh? I like that.

“Are you guys talking about me?” Sehun joined our conversation. “No, Sehun oppa, we’re not.” I replied. “Yeah, we were talking about how much Sammy hates the rain.” Baekhyun explained. Sehun suddenly went quiet.

--SEHUN’S POV--

“Oppa? Are you okay?” So Sammy’s just like me. She hates the rain. “Don’t worry, Sammy-ah. I’m fine. I’m just thinking about stuff.” Sammy nodded and I left her with Baekhyun, and went to sit down on a nearby couch.

It’s bringing back those memories again.

FLASHBACK

((FIVE YEARS AGO))

==A/N== Sehun’s thoughts are bold.

It was a rainy day. I stared out of the window and sighed. The teacher was droning on about triangles and Pythagoras’ theorem and stuff I couldn’t care less about. I was about to fall asleep when the school counsellor burst through the door. “Where is Oh Sehun?!” I stood up quickly and rushed to the door while she motioned to me.

We walked through the hallway until we were out of earshot of the students. “Sehun, your older brother has been in an accident. You need to get to the hospital quickly. Get your backpack and your essentials, excuse yourself, and then go to the front gates. A car is already waiting for you. Now hurry!” she said.

I went numb with shock. ‘Hyung, no. No!’ With tears threatening to come out of my eyes, I ran into the classroom, collected my stuff and sprinted to the gates. I was drenched by the time I got into the car, but I didn’t care. I had to see my hyung. As I got in, the tears started to flow freely. Soohyun, my family’s close friend patted my back and tried to comfort me. My sobs only got louder, and I buried my face into his chest for the remainder of the seemingly endless drive. When we arrived I burst through the doors and to the department where my hyung was being kept. My umma and appa were already there.

I was only twelve at the time. I ran into their arms and hugged them tightly. “Umma, Appa, where’s hyung?” I asked, and my voice was ready to crumble. I heard my dad’s deep voice. “They tried Sehun-ah. They tried their hardest, but…” I heard my mother try to stifle a quiet sob. My appa murmured something to her. ‘Umma, no. stop crying. Hyung isn’t dead. HE’S NOT.’

I drew back the green plastic curtain that felt cold and slithery in my hands. My hyung was lying there, completely still. I ran to him and held his big hand in my smaller ones. It was cold. My eyes widened. A stinging tear slowly made its way down my cheek, and many more followed. “Hyung, no...No! You can’t be dead!” I shouted. I started to shake his arm while I kept on shouting his name. My voice turned into a hoarse whisper, and then I just gave up and collapsed on the floor.

I held my head in my hands. I didn’t want to believe that my hyung was gone. I didn’t want to believe that that he would never kick a ball around me, that we wouldn’t show me awesome dance moves or give me advice ever again.

The following months, our household was sombre. I wasn’t the happy child that I used to be. I stopped participating in my favourite activities and kept my distance from my closest friends. All of my thoughts somehow made their way back to my brother. I would have countless nightmares and wake up screaming his name, and my parents would have to walk in and comfort me, or sing me lullabies until I calmed down and went to sleep again. Looking back on it, I must have been such a burden to them. Their eldest son had just died, and they had his little brother to take care of while they were trying to deal with it.

The funeral passed and Umma had a surprise for me. With her voice soft and gentle, she said, “Sehun-ah, this may come as a shock to you but I found out that I am two months pregnant.”

After that announcement, my family started to mend itself. We still weren’t over my hyung’s death but the excitement of another family member let us make happy memories again. The baby was born just before Christmas. It was a boy, and I was delighted to have someone to play with, to dance with, and to actually be with. My little brother’s six now, and very annoying, but full of life and laughter. I think that if I introduced Sammy to him, they would bond instantly. Looking at Sammy now, I would be so lucky to have her. She’s a light in the darkness.

But, the only reason I started dancing was for my older brother and my younger brother.

Hyung, and my little dongsaeng, this is all for you. I’m dancing for you now.

==A/N==

Hey everyone! I know, this was an emotional chapter. For everyone who doesn’t know, ‘hyung’ is what boys call an older male, and ‘dongsaeng’ is used to address younger boys or girls. (I think.)

On  far less educational note, iVyGoEsRaWrX3LuHan......AYOOOO WADDDUUPPP!!! Hayy gurl, thanks for subscribing lololol. Are you ready for the assassination squad? ;))

 

sammyBee xx.