Unveil

When will my life begin

 

Gaewoon’s POV

I went to sleep early, actually too early because it’s just almost 6, and that’s not normal as I am used to staying up late either studying or spazzing. I woke up after an hour with my tummy grumbling. I remembered I didn’t eat when I got home earlier and it’s about dinner time. I went out of my room still adjusting my eyes while rubbing it. I saw that the light in umma’s room is open, she’s home. I immediately remembered my surprise to her. I went back to my room and looked for my examination papers inside my bag. Good thing my bag was waterproof or else my papers will be soaked by now.

“Umma! Welcome home.” I beamed at umma and she was obviously startled at my sudden appearance.

“Yah, Gaewoon watch it or I’ll die soon.” She nagged at me a bit.

“You won’t if you see this!” I handed her my papers and her face which was shock earlier became a wide smile.

“Very good. You’re so smart just like me!” She hugged me tightly. Mother-daughter bonding it is! I love moments like this.

“Palli! Show this to araboji and halmoni!” She summoned.

“Andwae? *As if they’ll be impressed*” I whispered the last part.

“Go go. They’ll be super proud and happy!” Umma cheered. Oh well, got to do it.

I slowly stepped at the stairs one at a time in order not to create noise. Basically, I stomp my feet when I use the stairs so usually my grandparents would scold me. It’s just two things, it’s either they ignore me or scold me. Pfft. Will showing them this papers make the situation change. Why are they even like that, only to me..

I was hesitant. When I was half way the stairs I heard talking. It’s haraboji and halmoni. I got curious about their topic because they sound serious, as always, and eavesdrop on the conversation. Aniyo.. this can’t be.

“She’s just adopted. [insert umma’s name here] shouldn’t have accepted her. She might even be an illegitimate child of [insert her appa’s name here].”

“Relax, don’t talk about Gaewoon like that.”

“He tricked us. Once I see him, he’ll pay. I’m not tired of hunting him!”

They are talking about appa… and me.

 

No One’s POV

Truly curiosity killed the cat, no, the truth killed you. You don’t know how to react. That answers your questions…..

“Why are my grandparents like this?”

“Don’t they like me?”

“I did my best to make them proud.”

“What did I do?”

“Don’t they love me?”

“Why do they act cold towards me but not with Junsu?”

“It’s always Junsu,”

“Why do they always favor him?”

But your mother was never like that to you. Then you remembered the lines

“She might even be an illegitimate child”

It confuses you more. Before, you thought they act like that because Junsu’s the youngest so the attention is on him. You went out to the playground and broke into tears. It doesn’t matter to you if you went out without a word. Here is the best place to cry. No one is around.. until someone tapped your shoulder. You can’t really hold it in. He hugged you and you became alert of the person. You pulled off and tried to wipe your still flowing tears to look at the person.. Suho. You didn’t notice Kyungsoo was behind him. Kyungsoo never thought that you can cry like this, he always see the smiling you. The happy and cheerful you who always seem positive in life. When you hugged Suho, it became his cue to leave.

Suho’s POV

I hang out with Kyungsoo for a bit. You know we’re schoolmates right? And not to mention we had music and dance class together and tell me if I’m wrong for a man to say this but he is so charismatic when he sings. We share the same passion, singing that’s why we, incuding Kai, hang out together. Kyungsoo and I was walking at the playground just near our houses and talking randomly how we want to be artists in the future but a sobbing sound and familiar figure caught my attention.

“Hyung, isn’t that Gaewoon?”  Kyungsoo pointed at the one I’m staring.

“You’re right.” I replied and then approached Gaewoon sitting at a swing, continuously crying.

I tapped her shoulder waiting for her to face me.. No reply.. I huged her knowing that it really is Gaewoon. I had to comfort her, protect her no matter what. Even if I haven’t known her for so long, I think I have fallen for her.. She pulled away at my hug and looked at me. I can see sadness in her eyes. I wiped her tears but now she’s the one who initiate the hug and continued sobbing at my chest.

“Nananananananana~ EEELECTRIC SHOCK” her phone didn’t picked up the mood and ringed. What a timing.

“Y-yeoboseyo?” Gaewoon sounded natural.

“Neh. I’m going home.” She put her phone on her pocket.

“Come on I’ll walk you home.” I grabbed her hand.. slowly.. intertwining our hands. She didn’t notice, did she? Am I taking advantage of this girl’s obliviousness?

 

Kai’s POV

I was about to go out to buy some snacks and go over Kyungsoo’s house since I guess Suho hyung is with him. But then I saw hyung hand in hand with someone who had fluffy red cheeks and swollen eyes. Omona! That’s Gaewoon. Did hyung made her cry? I waited for hyung in our frontyard.

“Hyung, I saw it.” I said as hyung opened the gate and enter.

“What do you have to see?” He looked puzzled.

“What did you do to Gaewoon?!” I raised my voiced a bit, he is still my hyung.

“I didn’t make her cry. She didn’t speak to me about it. I simply walked her home.” He reasoned out.

“Do you really have to hold her hands?” My thoughts became words and I was also shocked I blurted it out.

“D-Do you have an idea why she cried?” He changed the topic. He’s so obvious, he’s tomato red right now.

“Like what?” I said trying to not care about her.

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen her cry. She always has this smile on her face.” And he tried to imitate Gaewoon’s smile with dimples. Morelike he’s doing it the wrong way.

“Ew hyung. You look creepy, that smile is creepy, you are creepy~” I teased to change the ambiance and dashed in before he even protest.

~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, this chapter reveals the problem. I won’t make the story sad for too long, don’t worry. OMONA, CREEYYSS. HAVEN’T BEEN FANGIRLING SINCE START OF CLASS. It’s hard to balance school and kpop. I can’t juggle those so yeah, till my next update. But I’ll make sure to make an update next week since I guess I’ll have time?

KAMSAHAMNIDA COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBERS, VIEWERS, READERS. SARANGHAE. <3