Chapter 9: The Inner Thoughts Of The Best Friend

You're Really the One I Love?

          I parked my car and walked onto my best friend’s porch.  I missed Lizzie so much.  We hadn’t been able to hang out lately because I’d been busy with schedules.  I knocked on the door, and I got no answer.  I used my key and went inside.  “Lizzie?”

          I pouted and got my phone out to text her.

          Why aren’t you home?  I wanna spend the day with my bestie. T.T

          I sat down on the couch in the living room to wait for a reply.  She called me a few minutes later instead.

          “Why aren’t you here?”  I whined.

          “I’m coming home now.”

          “Hurry.  I’m so lonely.”

          “Hoon, you are so dramatic.”

          I smiled.  “I love you, too.”

          “I’ll see you soon.”

          “Bye.”  I set my phone down and the tv to waste time.  I smiled when I heard the door open.

          “Hoonie, are you in there?”

          “Yeah!”  I was hugged around the neck from behind.

          “Hi Hoonie.”

          I turned my head to kiss her cheek.  “Hi Lizzie girl.  You look pretty.”

          She smiled.  “Thanks.”  She walked to him.

          “Lee Joon is here?  Why the hell is he here with Lizzie?  And she’s HOLDING HIS HAND!  What the hell!”  I thought to myself.

          “Do you two know each other?”

          I looked up at her.  “Not personally, no.”  My heart sank at the things she said next.

          “Joon, Hoon is my best friend.  Hoon, Joon is my boyfriend…”  She said something else but I didn’t catch it.

          I realized she’d taken my hand and looked up at Lizzie.

          “Can you help me with something.”  Her eyes gave me the “we need to talk” look.

          “Sure.”  I let her drag me upstairs into her bedroom and watched her shut the door.  “What’s wrong with you?”

          “Oh, I’ve just been in love with you since we met, but I’ve never told you because I feel like you don’t feel the same way.”  I wanted sorely to say that, but I didn’t.  I said, “You expect me to just be ok with him?  How do I know he’s not one of those possessive or abusive guys?”

          “Hoonie…”  Lizzie sighed and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

          I held her against me.  “I just want you to be safe,”  I kissed the top of her head.  “Safe with me,” I thought.

          “I know Hoon.  I will be.  He’s a good guy.”

          “But I’m better,” I thought.  I sighed and looked at her.  “If you say so…”

          “You’ll be the first to know if anything happens.”

          I smiled.  “Promise?”

          Lizzie squeezed me tightly.  “I promise, Hoonie.”

          I went downstairs with her after she changed from her dress.  I liked her dress, but seeing her in comfort clothes made me grin like a fool.  She was so beautiful.

          I sat down and rolled my eyes when Joon smiled at Lizzie.

          “You know you could’ve worn that.”

          “I don’t wear this out in public.  Shows off too much of my legs.”  She sat between the two of us.

          “I think it shows a perfect amount.”

          “You’re crazy, Joon.”

          We a movie and I was glad when Lizzie leaned her head against my shoulder.  I wrapped my arm around her and cuddled close.

          Lizzie walked Joon to the door when he had to leave.

          “I’ll miss you baby,” he cooed.

          I rolled my eyes.

          “I’ll miss you, too, Joonie.  I’ll see you later.”

          “I might get home late, but I’ll text you in the morning.  Bye baby.”

          “Bye.”  She came back in and sat beside me, cuddling closer than before.  “Hoonie, can we watch movies all day?”

          “Sure we can baby girl.”  I kissed the top of her head.  “I missed you yesterday.  I was busy all day.”

          “I know.  I was bored without my bestie.  But I did go shopping.”

          “Without me?  How dare you?”

          “I got you something, but you can’t see it yet.”

          “Fine.”  I pouted.

          She giggled and kissed my cheek.  “You’re so overdramatic, Hoon.”

          “But you still love me.”

          “Of course I do!”  She hugged me and attacked me with kisses.

          “Lizzie, stop!”  I laughed and started tickling her.

          “Hoon!”  Her giggles were adorable.

          I pinned her arms to her sides by hugging her.  “I love you, Lizzie.”

          “I love you, too, Hoonie.”

          Lizzie and I watched movies together all day.  Around one in the morning, I turned the tv and dvd player off.  I picked Lizzie up and took her upstairs.  I was able to get her to change for bed and brush her teeth before she actually got in bed.

          I got in with her and wrapped my arms around her as she laid her head against my chest.  “Good night baby girl,” I whispered.

          When I woke up, Lizzie wasn’t in the bed with me anymore.  I frowned and got up.  Her phone was still on her nightstand, though, so I knew she hadn’t left.  I went downstairs to find her.

          It didn’t take long.  I saw the spiky bun held together with chopsticks, and the silver framed glasses on her face.  I smiled and walked over to Lizzie, wrapping my arms around her.

          “Good morning to you, too.”

          “Morning Lizzie.”

          “Did you sleep well?”

          “Mm-hmm.”  I nuzzled the back of her neck.

          “Hoon, go away.  I’m cooking.”

          I pouted.  “But I don’t want to.  You’re so warm.”

          “Well go lay in my bed again, and I’ll come get you when breakfast is done.”

          I didn’t want to leave the kitchen, so instead I started the coffeepot.

          “I could’ve done that, Hoon.”

          “I know, but I got it.”  I saw her wet her lips.  “What is it?”

          “Hmm?”

          “What’s wrong?”

          She shrugged.  “I just feel empty.”

          I went over to Lizzie and hugged her again.  “I’ll be here, forever.  I promise.”

          “Yah, Hoonie!  Back out of my space.”

          I pouted.  “No love for me.”

          “Oh Hoon.”  She kissed my cheek.  “Just sit down.  I’m making breakfast.  You know how I am when I cook.”

          “Sorry Lizzie.”

          “It’s ok Hoon.”

          I sat down and watched her.  “How do I confess to you?”  I sighed, going into my own world.

Yes, that's right.  Lizzie and Joon are now together, and Hoon is experiencing heartbreak.
But, will Lizzie and Joon stay together?  (MAYBE, MAYBE NOT)
You will just have to wait for more!
Haha, sorry for being evil.  I'm just like that kinda. But, chapter 10 will be posted immediately following this one. Be happy!