So It's Really You After All This Time...

You're Really the One I Love?
          “I thought you were gone,” I whispered into the phone.

          “I know Lizzie.  I’m sorry.  The truth is, I ran away from Eomma and Appa that night.”

          I could tell I paled when I first heard his voice.  I touched my cheek with my fingertips.  My skin was cool.  “Seung-hyun…where did you go?”

          “I went back home.”

          “Where are you now?”

          “I’m back.  I’m at Eomma’s parents’ house.”

          “When were you going to tell me?”

          “I’m telling you now, Lizzie.”

          “How could you do that…are you really that selfish?  I feel like you’re not even my brother anymore.”

          “Lizzie, let me explain.”

          “I don’t want to hear it Seung-hyun!”  I hung up, standing up and going into my bedroom.  I sat on my bed after I closed the door.  I couldn’t believe my older brother was actually alive still.

          The police who’d called Eomma’s sister that night said Seung-hyun had died with Eomma and Appa, even though they’d never found his body.

          I buried my face in my pillow, crying out all the confusion and pain I was feeling.  My body felt so numb.

          A hand rested on my back.  “Lizzie, are you ok?”

          I sniffled and turned my face to look at him.  “I never thought he’d still be alive Mir.”

          “I know it baby.”  He pulled me up into his arms, my hair.  “He’s a pabo.”

          I broke down again.  The day had been too much for me. 

          My best friend made me lie down and rest.  Mir knew me the best of anyone, even Seung-hyun.

          “You’re stressing out.  You know you’re not supposed to.”

          I looked away.  “I know it.”

          “I love you bestie.”

          I looked at him, smiling a little.  “I love you, too, Oppa.”  I took a nap before my grandparents came to get my baby siblings.  I woke up in just enough time to fix myself up a bit.  I went into the living room and saw Mir still there.

          He smiled at me.  “Hey sleepyhead.”

          “Did Hoon and Eli leave?”

          “Yeah.  I told them you were needing a good rest.  They both said they hope you feel better.”

          I bit my cheek when I heard the knock on the front door.  “Guess that’s my grandparents.”  I went to the door and opened it.  I smiled.

          My grandmother hugged me.  “Hi sweet girl, how are you doing?”

          I hugged her back.  “Hey grandma, I’m good.”  I stepped back to let her and Grandpa go by.  I wasn’t going to put my eyes up and meet his eyes.  I couldn’t do it.

          “Lizzie…won’t you look at me?”

          I shook my head and walked away, leaving my brother at my door.  I sat beside Mir and covered my face.  “He’s here,” I murmured.

          “You two need to talk this through.  Maybe you should give him a chance,” Mir whispered.

          I sighed.  “Ok…”

          Seung-hyun came in.  “Can I explain, please?”

          I finally looked up into his eyes.  “Alright.  Not until Grandma and Grandpa leave with the twins.” 

 
Would love to have a little feedback on this fic so far. I don't feel so confident and don't know if it's very good or not. Suggestions are welcome. May not be followed, but I will at least think on them. =3