Chapter 15: A Second Accident...

You're Really the One I Love?

          Ji and I slept in my bed.  I laid against his chest as I once did when I was younger.  I felt safe in his arms like I always had.  I knew that it wasn’t going to turn out good if Ji and I saw each other as much as we had the past two days, but for now, I didn’t care.  All I wanted was to be in his arms.  The memories of our relationship, losing our son, and my parents’ deaths was all too much for me.

          I woke up before Ji did, and I sat up, staring down at him.  He hadn’t changed much from the punk teenage kid who wouldn’t leave me alone at the park that day.  I smiled, remembering it vividly.

          “I doubt you’ll ever change your ways, Ji.”  I caressed his face gently.  “As much as I miss us, I don’t know if I could ever just go back.  Maybe I could, but for now I have Joon.  Mianhae Jiyongie.”  I kissed his forehead and got out of the bed.  I took a quick shower before going downstairs.

          My cousin was sitting at the table, drinking coffee and reading some document.

          “Why do you live with me again?”  I poured a cup for myself and poured liquid creamer in.

          “You said you hate being alone.  Plus, for the moment, I don’t want to go to my house.”

          “Why, is your girlfriend there or something?”

          He grimaced.  “How’d you know?”

          “If you don’t love her, just dump her.”

          “I do love her.  I just don’t like her.”

          “You know if I didn’t know what having a boyfriend was like, I wouldn’t know what you mean.”

          “You have your brother.  It’s easy to relate to.”

          I sipped my coffee.  “That’s true.  You have time for breakfast?”

          “I’m off today.  I might just stay home and work out.”

          “Break another treadmill and you’re buying me a new car.”

          “You say that as if I can’t afford to do it.”

          “I never said that Jihoon.  Was that a yes?”

          “I’d love breakfast.”

          “Good, because I made Bananaberry Bread and Carrot Cake Muffins yesterday morning.”

          “My god woman, are you trying to get me fat?”

          “Oh Jihoon, don’t be a drama queen.  They’re healthy.”

          “Doesn’t sound healthy.  Sounds like dirty temptation.”

          “Fine, then I’ll just make you one of those protein drinks you love.”

          “Love you baby cousin.”

          “Yeah, I know.”  I got the single serve blender cup that went with my blender and filled it with some fruits, vegetables, and ice.  I screwed the blades on the cup, secured it to the blender, and set the time to blend for one and a half minutes.

          I washed my hands to warm them up from the ice and dried them.  I got the cup off the blender, removing the blades and setting the lid in the sink.  I snapped on the travel lid and put a straw on top of the cup.  “Here Ji.”

          “Thanks Lizzie.”  He kissed my cheek.

          I took his coffee cup off the table.  “Go work out, weirdo.  I’ll be in here.”

          He took the protein shake and slid the straw into it, tasting it.  “This is the best one you’ve made.”

          “Good.  Now get out of my kitchen.”

          “Technically ours, but ok.”  He left to go to the workout room.

          I rolled my eyes and opened the container of muffins I’d made, taking two out.  I set them on a plate, along with a slice of the berry bread.  I sat at the table with my laptop, looking through my pictures.  I smiled when I came to an old one of Jihoon and me.  I was about thirteen, and we were at the beach for a vacation.

          The front door shut.  “Guess who’s here?”

          “I’m in the kitchen, Joon.”

          He walked in with a cup of coffee in his hand.  “Morning beautiful.”

          “Morning Joonie.  You hungry?”

          “I am, but I don’t know if I want to eat just yet.”  He sat beside me, sipping from his cup.  “What are you eating?”

          “Carrot cake muffins and Bananaberry bread.  It’s delicious.  Want to try some?”

          He broke off a piece of the bread.  “That’s really good.”

          “Want a piece?”

          “Mm-hmm.”

          “What do you say?”

          He leaned over and pecked my lips.  “Please baby?”

          I got up and put a piece of bread and a muffin on a plate, setting them in front of Joon.  “Eat up.”

          “Thanks baby.”

          “Mm-hmm,” I sat back down.  I started to type on my computer and got a big flare in my wrist.  “Ow!”

          “You alright baby?”

          “No, my wrist hurts.”

          “Li, you know you need to get your wrist checked.”  Jiyong came into the kitchen and stretched.

          I pouted at Jiyong.  “You sound like Jihoon.”

          “Who sounds like me?”

          I looked at my computer.

          “Lizzie, who sounds like me?”  My cousin poked my side.

          “Leave me alone.  I’m working.”

          “Lying to your big cousin is bad.”

          I stuck my tongue out at him.  “You have no proof I’m lying.”

          “Two witnesses.”

          I only held up three fingers while I finished my breakfast.  “Hey Jihoon, what would you say if I told you I was pregnant?”

          “The baby’s father is dying.”

          “What if Joon was the father?”

          “I’m beating his dead and hiding the body.”

          “What about if Jiyong was?”

          “I’d say, ‘Hurt my baby cousin, and I’ll murder you.’  Simple.”

          Joon looked up at my cousin.  “So wait, you’d kill me, but you’d only threaten him?”  He pointed to Jiyong.  “That’s not fair hyung.”

          “It is fair, because I’ve given you that warning before.”

          I looked at Joon.  “I can’t even sleep in the same bed with you then.”

          “What?  Why?”

          “Because you wouldn’t be able to control yourself.”  I looked down at my phone when it rang.  “Hello?”

          “Is this Miss Lee Lizzie?”

          “Yes, who is this?”

          “This is Dr. Moon.  Your friend seems to have gotten in an accident this morning.  He’s in the trauma ward.”

          My blood ran cold.  Please don’t tell me it’s him.  Please don’t say that name.  “Who?”

          “A man by the name of Yeo Hoonmin.”

          “Oh my god…I’ll be right there.”  I ended the call and went upstairs, grabbing my keys.  I went back downstairs, and Joon stopped me.

          “What’s happened?”

          “I don’t know.  Hoon’s gotten into an accident.”

          “Let me drive.”

          I sighed.  “Go tell Jihoon and Jiyong.  I’ll be in the car.”  I went outside and waited a minute so Joon could tell my cousin and my first love where we were going.  I couldn’t cry.  I knew Hoon wouldn’t want me to.  I sat lifelessly in the seat while Joon drove to the hospital.

          When we got there, I went as fast as I could to the elevator.  Memories started to come back.  My mother had died in this hospital after suffering from terrible burns for three days.  My father was dead by the time the fire was extinguished.  I pressed the button, waiting as the elevator took an agonizingly slow ascent.

          I found the room Hoon was in and went in, crying as I saw him.  I went in and took his hand, feeling his cool pale flesh.  His left cheekbone was bruised, and he had a few, small cuts on his face.  “Oh Hoonie, what happened to you?”

          Joon put his hand on my shoulder.

          “Joon, go find his doctor.  Please.”  I sat down in the chair beside the hospital bed and held Hoon’s hand in between both of mine.  I didn’t know if Hoon was in a coma or just sleeping.  I was hoping for the latter.

          “Miss Lee?”

          I looked up to see a guy in his mid twenties.  “Yes?”

          “Mr. Yeo’s not in a coma, but he’s broken a bone in his leg and has a concussion.  Due to the concussion, he’s fallen into unconsciousness, but he’s stable.  His band mate told me to call you, saying you were closest to him.”

          I looked down at my best friend.  He looked so broken.  “Will he be all right?”

          “He’ll be fine.  He might have temporary memory loss due to the concussion, but we won’t know.  He’s lucky to still be alive and have such a strong heartbeat.”

          “Thank you for calling me Doctor.”

          “Just buzz me if you have any more questions.”

          “I do have one.”  I cleared my throat.  “If there’s no memory loss, will he be released soon?”

          “In a few days time, if that’s the case.  He’ll definitely need to have someone stay with him for at least a few weeks because, I assure you Miss Lee, he’ll be hurting when he gains consciousness.”

          I nodded. “Who was the one to refer me?”

          “I believe his name was Mr. Woo.”

          I smiled a little.  “Thank you.”  I kissed Hoon’s hand, laying his open palm to my face.  “It’s ok baby.  I’m here.”

          Joon set his hand on my shoulder.  “Want me to tell Jihoon hyung that you’ll be here?”

          “Yeah.”

          He set my keys on the nightstand beside me.  “I’ll take a taxi home.”  He leaned down and kissed my cheek.  “Call me if any updates turn up.”

          “I may.  Take my car home, Joon.”

          “No baby, I’ll be ok.”

          “Joon, take the damn car.  Just please do it.”

          He sighed and picked my keys up.  “I’ll call you later baby.”

          My eyes never left Hoon’s face.  “Later then.”

          Joon left and I heard the door close, leaving my best friend and me in the room alone.

          I started to sob.  “I lost Mother in this same hospital.  I can’t lose you, too, Hoon.  I just can’t.  Fight for me, please.  It’s too early.”  I fell asleep, lying against the side of his bed with his hand in mine.

          I woke up with a really bad headache and someone my hair.  I sat up and realized it was Hoon.  I looked at him and broke into tears, hugging him softly.  “Oh Hoon.”

          “Lizzie,” his voice was low, and he sounded like he was in pain.  He still my hair.  Even though he was hurting, here was my best friend, comforting me as usual.

          I gently cupped his face, looking into his eyes.  “I don’t what I would’ve done if I’d of lost you, too.”

          He smiled a little, laying his hand against one of mine.

          “Do you remember anything?”

          “Not much,” he admitted.  “But I heard you talking to me.”

          I kissed his forehead gently.  “Let me go get the doctor.”

          “Lizzie, don’t leave me.”

          I sat on the side of his bed and held his hands.  “Hoonie, you need to get checked out.”

          “I’m fine, as long as I have you here with me.”  He winced.

          “I don’t like seeing you in pain.  I’ll be right back.  I promise.”

          He stuck his pinky out.

          I wrapped mine with his and touched our thumbs.  “It’ll only take a minute.”  I stood up and left the room, finding Dr. Moon easily.  “He’s awake.”  I walked back to the room and sat back down.

          “No, sit back on the bed.  It helps.”

          I moved to sit on the bed and held Hoon’s hand.  “It’ll be alright.  Lizzie’s here Hoonie.”

          The doctor looked over Hoon and gave him some medicine to deal with the pain.  Hoon requested meds to not make him sleep.

          “Hoon,” I said, “you need to rest.”

          “I can’t sleep Lizzie.  It makes me feel like if I shut my eyes, I could slip away easily.”

          I sighed and touched his face.  “If you’re so sure.”

          He smiled, hand wrapping around mine.  “I am.”

          “The doctor said that you’ll have to have someone with you for a few weeks after you’re released.  You’re moving in with me temporarily.”

          “Lizzie, I don’t want to be a burden on you.”

          I smiled.  “But if I can’t take care of my hubby, how can I take care of our children in the future?”

          “You take perfect care of the twins.  You don’t need to practice on me.”

          “It won’t be practice.  Now, don’t argue.  You’re going to be staying at my house, and that’s final.”

          “Only if I get to sleep in your bed.”

          “You better be willing to climb the stairs,” I joked.

          “Why can’t I use the elevator?”

          I giggled.  “I was kidding.”

          “Good,” he kissed my hand.

          I kissed his forehead.  “I’ll get you all better.”

          “U-Kiss will have to perform without me.”

          “You just need to focus about getting better, Yeo Hoonmin.”  I took my phone out and called Kevin.

          “Hello?”

          “Thank you.”

          “I know you would’ve rather heard it from me, but I couldn’t speak.  How’s he doing?”

          “Well, he’s got a concussion, a broken bone in his leg, and was unconscious when I arrived, but he’s awake right now.  The doctor gave him some medication.  Hoon’s gonna have to have someone to care for him for a few weeks after he’s released, so he’ll be moving in with me temporarily.”

          “Can he talk?”

          I put the phone on speaker.  “He can talk just fine.”

          “I didn’t know I couldn’t.”  Hoon flipped through the channels on the tv before eating.

          “Hyung!  You’re ok!”

          “Why would Lizzie lie to you?  You know how she’d be if I wasn’t ok.”  He sipped on the drink the hospital gave him with his meal.

          “I’d be in hysterics.”  I got some migraine meds out of my purse and took a dose with the vitamin water I carried.

          “Yeobo, come feed me.”

          “You can feed yourself, Hoon.”

          “Please yeobo?  Oppa loves you.”

          I sat down.  “You’re such a child.”  I fed him a spoon of the rice.

          He smiled.  “I love my wifey.”

          “Dongsaeng, she’s my wife first!”

          I giggled when Eli said that.  “Sorry Pigeon, but I am strictly Hoon’s.”

          “You’ve broken my heart.  I won’t ever find another woman now!  My young life is ruined.”

          “Hyung, you’re a drama queen.”

          “Yah, just because you’re hurt doesn’t mean you can disrespect me!”

          “Eli, calm down.”

          Hoon grinned.  “Too bad I’ll be recovering for a few weeks at Lizzie’s house.”

          I slapped his hand gently.  “Hoon, quit being a jerk to Eli.”

          “Yes yeobo,” he pouted.

          “Apologize.”

          “Mianhae hyung.”

          “I forgive you dongsaeng.  I love you Lizzie.”

          “I love you, too, Eli.  But, as a friend,” I added.

          Kevin chuckled.  “It’s ok hyung, you still have me.  Elvin hwaiting.”

          I giggled.  “Don’t worry.  I’ll still be the dorm Eomma.”

          “That’s my job,” Kevin said.

          “When you’re away, then.”

          “That’ll work.”

          “Wait, but then you can’t be it if you’re with Eli.  You’d have to be Soohyun’s.”

          “But he’s mean.”

          Hoon grinned.  “I’m telling hyung you said that.”

          “Hoon, quit talking and eat.”

          He pouted and went silent.

          I tousled his hair and picked up my phone.  “I love you guys, but I need to make another call.”

          “Saranghae Lizzie,” Eli and Kevin said.

          “I’ll talk to you later.”

          “Feel better hyung!”  The line disconnected.

          I sighed and set my phone on the nightstand.

          Hoon looked up at me.  “I thought you had to call someone else.”

          “Are you kidding?  That’s just how I tell Elvin that I need to get off the phone.”

          He smiled.  “You’re mean.”

          “You want me to call the pigeon and overprotective Eomma back?”

          “I’d need another bag of painkillers.”

          I picked my purse up and got a package of Pocky out.  “Since you’re such a good boy.”  I set them on the tray beside Hoon’s food.

          He hugged me.  “I love you so much.”

          “Are you delirious?”  I hugged him back.  “My Hoonie is so childish today.”

          “I can’t love my wifey?”

          “Eat the Pocky, Hoon.”  I opened the package and set it down after stealing one.

          There was a knock on the door.

          “Come in.”

          I giggled, wiping the crumbs off Hoon’s mouth.  “Slow down Hoonie.   Your Pocky aren’t going anywhere.”

          “But they’re good.”

          The door swung open.  There was a big black teddy bear covering the person’s face.

          “Who is it?”

          “It’s me.”  The person had a high pitched voice.

          I knew it was a guy, but I couldn’t tell who, until I saw the keys sticking out of his jean pocket.

          “AJ, I know it’s you.”

          He moved the bear, pouting.  “Lizzie-ah, you had to ruin it.”  He set the bear on the other side of Hoon.  “How are you dongsaeng?”

          “I was hurting, but they gave me painkillers.”

          AJ hugged Hoon.  “I’m glad you’re alright.”

          “Thanks hyung.”

          “It’s nice to see you’ve gotten your own private nurse.”

          “He will when he gets out of here, too.”  I put my hair up in a ponytail.

          AJ looked at Hoon.  “You won’t be at the dorm with us?”

          “Someone has to take care of me.  My leg is broken.”

          I took Hoon’s hand.  “You know how you guys would be annoyed.  Hoonie gets rather needy when he’s ill.”

          “We could still take care of him.”

          Hoon leaned back against the bed.  “Hyung, don’t argue with her.  She is my best friend.”

          I stuck my tongue out at AJ.

          He touched the tip of my nose.  “You’re lucky you’re so cute, Lizzie.”

          I smiled.  “I know.  Who else would make U-Kiss look so good?”

          Hoon laughed.  “Ok, now you’re going too far.”

          “I can still always call Eli up and tell him you’re not my hubby.”  I picked up my phone.

          Hoon took it.  “You better not.”

          I giggled and kissed his hand.  “I’d never do that to my hubby when he’s sick.”

          “Pay me back after I get better then.  At least I’ll be able to pay you back, too.”

          “Baby you light up my world like nobody else.  The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground, it ain’t hard to tell, you don’t know, oh, oh, you don’t know you’re beautiful.

          Hoon answered my phone.  “Hello?  No, this is not Lee Lizzie.”

          I stole my phone.  “Hello?”

          “I almost thought I had the wrong number.  Nice to hear Hoon being his usual self.”  Mir was chuckling.

          “Yeah, he’s a card, isn’t he?”

          Hoon grinned.

          I rolled my eyes.  “He’s such a child.”

          He put his aegyo on me.  “Yeobo, don’t be mad.”

          I looked away.  “Now he’s trying to make me forgive him.”

          “Hyung, make her forgive me,” Hoon whined to AJ.

          “Why aren’t you home?  I called Joon hyung.  He said he wasn’t with you.”

          “I’m at the hospital.”

          “AS A PATIENT?!”

          “No, Mir, calm down.”

          “Who’s the patient?”

          “None other than Yeo Hoonmin himself.”

          “Oh my god, what happened?”

          “Car accident,” I said.

          “That’s terrible.”

          “Mm-hmm.  He’s himself for now.  They gave him painkillers.”  I squeezed Hoon’s hand.

          Hoon leaned his head back and played with my fingers.

          “Do you know when he’ll get released?”

          “No, I don’t know.  He’s going to be with me at my house for a few weeks after though.”

          “I hope he has a speedy recovery.  Then again, if he’ll be with you I know he will have one.  That is, if Joon hyung doesn’t bother you too often.”

          “I doubt that would matter.  You know how I feel when someone’s sick.”

          “Yeah, I know.  I’ll let you go Lizzie.  Talk to you later.”

          “Bye Mir.”  I put my phone in my purse.  “Mir said he hopes you have a speedy recovery.”

          Hoon smiled.  “Li, I’m sleepy.”

          I kissed his hand.  “Then sleep baby.  I won’t leave you.”

          “You should go home and get some rest.  Hyung can stay.”

          “Are you sure?”

          AJ agreed.  “Call Soohyun hyung.  I bet he wouldn’t mind driving you home.”

          “Is Kiseoppie home?”

          “He might be.”

          I got my phone back out and sent a text to Kiseop.

          Are you home?  If you are, can you take me home?  I’m with Hoon at the hospital.  Jaeseop oppa wants to stay with him.

          I got an immediate reply from Kiseop.

          I’ll be right there.  Stay in Hoon’s room.

          “Kiseoppie is coming.”

          When Kiseop got there, I kissed Hoon’s forehead and said bye to AJ.  He drove me to my house and I saw Joon’s, Jiyong’s, Jihoon’s, and my car there.  I went inside and went upstairs, collapsing into my bed.  It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep again.

I said to myself earlier, "I'm going to hell for making Hoon be the one in the hospital."
At first, he WAS going to be in a coma. But, you know, I didn't want to cry anymore. I'll save that for a new fic later.
Plus, he's going to be with Lizzie when he gets released.  I bet he's happy about that, even though he argued a little. xP
Mianhae Hoonie. Saranghae. <3
Keep commenting and subscribe if you haven't! (Silent readers, I'm watching you.)