Chapter 7: The Date (Part II)

You're Really the One I Love?

          I pulled out of the parking lot of the restaurant.  “Did you enjoy it?”

          “I did.”

          I smiled.  “Success,” I said to myself.  “I’m glad you did.  I enjoyed it, too.”

          “Think I should tell Mir or make him wait even longer?”

          I glanced at her, seeing her grinning.  I grinned back and looked to see if the light had changed.  “Make him wait.”  I stepped on the accelerator and leaned back against my seat.  “Are you cold?”

          “No, I’m fine.”

          “Want to go for a walk?”

          “Sure.  The night is still young.”

          I drove to a park near her house and took my tie off.  I left it in the car as we strolled around the park.  There were a few people there.  Mostly couples, taking moonlit strolls and whispering sweet nothings to one another.

          I reached for Lizzie’s hand and smiled when she clasped her fingers with mine.  “Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?”

          “I don’t think it came up.”  I saw her smile.

          “You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever been out with.”

          “Girl?  I’m not that young.”

          I chuckled when I saw her cute pout.  “Just take the compliment, Lizzie.”

          “Thank you, Joon.”

          I took my jacket off and draped it around her shoulders.  “You need it more than I do.”

          “Thanks.”

          I squeezed her hand gently.  “How young are you, exactly?”

          “I’m nineteen.”

          “Holy hell, you are young.  I’m not allowed to date you, then.”

          “Ugh, fine then.”  She slid her hand from mine and walked away.

          I smiled and caught up with her.  “If you were really leaving me, you would’ve given my jacket back.”  I took her hand again.  “Besides, it’s dangerous for such a beautiful woman to be alone out here at night.”

          “How do you know I’d give it back?”

          “You’re too stubborn to keep things men give you.”

          “You know me too well already.”  She yawned.

          I smiled.  “Let’s get you home so you can crawl into your bed.  It’s getting a little chilly out here anyways.”

          “Take this then.”

          “Not until we get to the car.  I’m fine.”  I opened the door again and shut it.  I got into my side and started the car, instantly turning the heater on.  I pulled out of my spot and drove to Lizzie’s house.

          “I really did have a nice time, Joon.”

          I smiled and put the car in park.  “I’m glad you did.  Would you maybe want to do this again soon?”

          “Sure.”  She hesitated before getting out of the car.  Lizzie leaned over and gave me a quick peck on the cheek and went into her house.

          I put my hand over my cheek and smiled.  My heart was beating so fast in my chest.  I noticed the roses on the back seat of my car.  I got them out and knocked on Lizzie’s door.

          She opened it.  “What is it?”

          I held the bouquet out for her.  “You forgot these.”

          Lizzie smiled and took them.  “Thank you Joon.”

          I smiled and stole a kiss from her, going back to my car quickly.  “I’ll call you!”

          My lips tingled even from the quick peck we shared as I started my car again.  I went home, feeling my heart pounding crazily.

          “That was a short date.”  Seungho hyung said when I walked in.

          “But it was the best of my life.  We’re going out again soon.”

          “Good for you, man.”

          I went into my room and plopped down onto my bed.  The night had gone amazing for me.

          “You make me cry (nŏn), naega saraganŭn iyu, jebal nal ttŏnajima.  Just tell me why (why)…

          I picked up my phone.  “Hello?”

          “You enjoy being cocky, don’t you Lee Changsun?”

          I smiled.  “Did you not like my little kiss?”

          “I never said that.”

          I shrugged off my jacket.  “I have a full schedule tomorrow.  Are you free on Friday though?”

          “I’m not.  I’m going to the club with my girlfriends.  You could come with us.  I don’t think they’d mind.”

          “I’d rather be alone with you, but it could be fun.  Hang on, are you free tomorrow morning?”

          “I’m free for like, a month.”

          I smiled.  “Want to have breakfast with me tomorrow?”

          “Sure.  Where should I meet you?”

          “I’ll pick you up.”

          “Yah!  Are you talking to Joon?”  I heard my hyung in the background.

          “I can talk to whoever the hell I want, Oppa!  Leave me alone.  Why are you here anyways?”

          “So you won’t be lonely.”

          “Why can’t you just let Mir stay with me?  He’s my best friend anyways.”

          “So you’re rejecting your cousin now?  I see how it is.”

          “Go to the living room Jihoon.  I’ll be there in a minute.”

          “I’ll be counting.”

          “Smartass,” she murmured.

          I laughed.  “You’re really not scared of him, are you?”

          “I told you I wasn’t.”

          “I could hear that.  Does eight thirty sound ok?”

          “I’ll be up and ready by eight at least.”

          “Then I’ll pick you up when I get ready.”

          “Ok.  Now go get some sleep.  You’ll need it.”

          I smiled.  “I will.  Sweet dreams.”

          “Until tomorrow, Joonie.”

          “That’s better than being called Oppa.”

          “Then I’ll call you that from now on.”

          “Bye Lizzie.”

          “Bye Joonie.”

          I ended the call and changed for bed.  I didn’t think I could sleep, but I did because I know I’d be tired.  I woke up at seven thirty and immediately got ready.

          “You’re up early.”

          I looked behind me after brushing my teeth.  “I’m going to see my date from last night again.  We’re having breakfast.”

          “Who is it hyung?”

          I made sure my hair was nice.  “You don’t know her.”  I went into my bedroom and got my phone and keys.  I sent a text to Lizzie.

          Morning sunshine!  Hope you got a good night’s rest!  Especially since your cousin was there with you.  LOL  I’m on my way.

          I said goodbye to Cheondung and looked at the reply she sent as I unlocked my car.

          I got an amazing night’s sleep.  Lucky for me, I have these things called earplugs which makes it to where I can’t hear Jihoon’s loud voice.  I’ll be waiting.

          I smiled and closed my door.  I knew today was going to be a great day.