Chapter 8: A Nice Start To A Great Day

You're Really the One I Love?

          I put on a knee length cream colored dress and cute white sandals with flowers.  I didn’t bother with makeup, but applied a light pink lipgloss to my lips.  I looked at myself in the mirror and posed, smiling.  I picked up my purse and my phone.  I opened my inbox and tapped Joon’s text.

          Morning sunshine!  Hope you got a good night’s rest!  Especially since your cousin was there with you.  LOL  I’m on my way.

          I smiled and replied to him.

          I got an amazing night’s sleep.  Lucky for me, I have these things called earplugs which makes it to where I can’t hear Jihoon’s loud voice.  I’ll be waiting.

          I walked downstairs and smiled at my cousin.  “Morning Jihoon oppa.”

          “You’re up early.”  He looked behind him and smiled at me.  “And you’re all dressed up.  Where are you going?”

          “None of your business.”  I moved the roses Joon got me to the window above the sink.  The vase sparkled in the sunlight.

          “When are you going to be home?”

          “I don’t know.  I’ll probably be home after you leave though.”

          “See you tonight if that’s true.”

          I kissed his cheek and hugged his neck.  “Be nice to Joon, Oppa.”

          “Why wouldn’t I be?”

          “I heard from him that you threatened him.”

          “Did he take it to heart?”

          “I don’t know.  What’d you tell him?”

          “Nothing.”  He took a drink from his coffee mug.

          “You’re such a bad liar, Jihoon.  I’ll just get it from Joon.”  I smiled when I heard the door being knocked on.  “See you later Oppa!”  I opened the door and smiled.  “Hey.”

          Joon smiled back.  “Good morning.”

          “YOU’RE GOING OUT WITH JOON AGAIN, AREN’T YOU!”

          I glared over my shoulder.  “Shut up Jihoon!”  I shut the door and smiled at Joon again.  “Don’t mind him, please.  He’s just being himself.”

          “I know.  Shall we?”

          “Let’s go.”  I got into his car and buckled my seat belt.

          Joon drove us to a small little restaurant.

          “I love having this place for breakfast.  It’s so nice to just relax in here, especially after a long day of schedules or during the morning.”

          I smiled and sat down with him.  “It reminds me of back home.”

          “Home?  You’re not originally from Korea?”

          “I was born here, but we moved to America when I was very young.  It was the summer of the year I turned ten that we moved back here.  I enjoyed being in Korea, but I missed my friends in America.  I still talk to some of them.”

          “That’s nice.  So you know what it’s like to live away from Korea.”

          “Mm-hmm.  I’m really glad we moved back.”

          “Me too.”

          We ordered food and talked a little bit.

          “What’s the one thing you miss the most about America?”

          I took a sip of my juice.  “I miss the food.”  I smiled.  “But that’s why I like coming here.  They have things like pancakes and French toast.  I love it so much.  I remember I’d wake up every morning, and my mom would have made breakfast for my older brother and me.  It was nice.”  I felt a little sad talking about my mother, but the memories I had were good ones.

          “Lizzie?”

          I looked up and met Joon’s eyes.  “Yes Joon?”

          “Do you like me?”

          I smiled.  “Of course I do, silly.  Why else would I have agreed to come have breakfast with you?”

          “I know you like me.  But do you like me as more than a friend?”

          I smiled a little as I ran the last small piece of my pancake in the remaining syrup.  “It’s been a long time since I ever liked anyone in that way, Joonie.”  I glanced at him under my lashes and looked back down at my food.  “But I do like you more than a friend Joon,” I said it softly.

          He placed his hand on mine.  “Lizzie, will you be my girlfriend?”

          I bit my lip softly and blushed.  “I’ll tell you if...”  I took the last bite of my food and finished my juice.

          “If what?”

          “You let me pay for breakfast.”

          He sighed.  “You’re so crazy woman but ok.”

          I got the check for our food and paid for the food, then went back to Joon.  “Let’s go.”

          He got up and opened the door of the restaurant for me.  “So?”

          I smiled and looked up at him.  “So what?”

          “Tell me your answer!”

          “What do you think I’m gonna say?”

          “I don’t know.”

          “Close your eyes.”  I watched him as he did, and I gave him a peck on the lips.  I blushed.  “Have your answer?”

          He opened his eyes and a big smile lit up his face.  “Yes.  Thank you.”

          “How long till you have your schedule?”

          “A couple hours,” Joon took my hand.  “Wanna go to the dorm?”

          “Sure.”

          “Come on baby.”

          I giggled.  “How’d you know that was my favorite pet name?”

          “You just look like one of those girls who enjoys it.”

          “Are you psychic Joonie?”

          “Maybe I am, baby.”

          We got in the car, and Joon drove us to the dorm.  We held hands the whole time, even as we were walking down the hallway to the dorm.

          Joon opened the door.  “Hey guys, I’m back!”

          “Why are you back so early?  We were enjoying time without you.”

          “Mir, that’s so mean!”  I went to my best friend and hugged him.  “Besides, I’m here now.  Isn’t that better?”

          “What are you doing here crazy girl?”  He kissed my forehead.

          “It’s a crime to come see my best friend now?”

          “I didn’t say that.”

          Seungho walked in.  He grinned instantly.  “Hi Lizzie.”

          “Hi Seungho.”

          “Hyung, get your eyes off my woman.”

          Mir and Seungho looked at Joon.  “YOUR woman?”

          I smiled.  “Joon and I are a couple now.”

          Seungho’s jaw dropped.  “She’s the one you went out with last night?”

          “And this morning,” Joon smiled at me.

          Mir’s arms dropped from my waist.  He went to Joon and dragged him out of the room, then came back.

          “Mir, Jihoon already threatened him.”  I had my hands on my hips.

          Joon hugged me from behind.  “It’s ok baby,” he whispered in my ear.  “I’m not scared of the maknae.”

          I giggled.  “Joonie, that tickles me.”

          Seungho pouted.  “You always say no to me.  Why say yes to Joon?”

          “I didn’t want a boyfriend when you asked.  I just have considered it recently.”

          “I asked you out a week and a half ago.”

          “I just started thinking about getting a boyfriend a couple days ago.”

          “He won’t be a good role model for Sunjae and Mi Young.  You saw Hello Baby.”

          Joon chuckled.  “Hyung, you’re just jealous because Lizzie chose me over you.”  He rubbed my sides.

          Mir sat on the couch.  “There’s a couple broken hearts here.”

          “Why do you say that, Mir?”  I leaned against Joon.

          “G.O hyung will be devastated, too.”

          I sat beside Mir on the couch.  “He and Seungho will get over it.”

          “There’s only one woman for me!”

          “Well she’s not me, Seungho.”

          Joon sat beside me and put his arm around my waist.

          Mir looked at me.  “How did you two even meet?”

          I looked at Joon.  “Do you want to tell them?”

          “I don’t care.”

          “I’ll tell part of it then.”  I looked over towards Mir and Seungho again.  “I had a day off and just wanted to have a day to myself so I went shopping.  I was walking on the sidewalk, and Joon and I kind of collided into each other.”

          Joon took over and told the rest.  How he’d gotten me to have coffee with him, when he’d asked me on the date, and the date itself.

          “I should’ve known it was her.”  Seungho pouted.  “She’s the only woman I’ve seen light up a single person with just her smile.”

          “And she’s all mine!”  Joon pulled me into his lap and kissed my cheek, hugging me against him.

          “You’re crazy, Joon.”  I messed with his hair, giggling when he pouted.

          “Hey Lizzie, are Sunjae and Mi Young going to be back before their first birthday?”

          I looked at Mir.  “They should be.  You’re coming over the day of, right?”

          He smiled.  “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

          “You better not.  Mi Young would be upset if you weren’t there.  I don’t think only Eli would suffice.”

          “That’s only because I’m her favorite.”

          “I know you are.”  I looked at my phone when a next text message arrived.

          Why aren’t you home?  I wanna spend the day with my bestie.  T.T

          “I think I need to go.”

          Joon pouted.  “Why?  Can’t you spend time with me before I have to leave?”

          I looked at him.  “Drive me back home?”

          “I will.”

          I got off his lap and hugged Mir, kissing his cheek.  “I’ll call you soon.”

          “Ok.  Love you.”

          “Love you, too, Oppa.”  I hugged Seungho, too.  “You can have me if he messes up.”

          He grinned.  “Do I get a kiss, too?”

          I laughed and kissed his cheek.  “So needy.”  I took Joon’s hand as we walked out.  I called Hoon.

          “Why aren’t you here?”

          “I’m coming home now.”

          “Hurry.  I’m so lonely.”

          “Hoon, you are so dramatic.”

          “I love you, too.”

          “I’ll see you soon.”

          “Bye.”

          I put my phone up.  “Drama queen.”

          Joon squeezed my hand as we waited for the elevator.  “I’ll miss you.”

          I hugged his neck and kissed him.  “Stay with me then.”

          He looked down at me.  “Won’t your friend be upset?”

          “He’ll have to get used to me having a boyfriend.”  I pulled Joon into the elevator and pressed the ground floor.  I hugged him as it descended.

          “Scared of elevators?”  He my hair.

          “I don’t like when they start and stop.”  I heard his heart beating.  It was really quick.

          “My poor baby,” he hugged me.  “It’s ok, Joonie’s here for you.”

          I smiled.  “I can always count on you.”

          He held my hand as we walked out to his car.  “Good thing I refilled the tank yesterday.”

          I put my seat belt on.  “It’s not like you have to drive me everywhere we go.”

          “I know.  But I like to.”

          I scrolled through the music on my phone.  “I can tell.  You know what the first MBLAQ song I heard was?”

          “What?”

          I played Cry.  “I’ve listened to this one more than any of them.”

          He smiled.  “It’s also your favorite.”

          “The song is.  I like Y’s music video best.”

          “It’s only because of the beginning isn’t it?!”

          I giggled.  “Yes, but it’s also because it’s you.”  I took his free hand.

          He squeezed it gently.  “Are you sure your friends won’t mind about Friday night?”  He pulled into my driveway.

          I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him.  “Don’t worry about it Joonie.  Besides, they love MBLAQ.”

          “How many of them are Lee Joon lovers?”

          “All three of them.”  I got out of the car and went up the porch.  I opened the door and heard the tv on.  “Hoonie, are you in there?”

          “Yeah!”

          I took Joon’s hand and pulled him into the house with me.  I went into the living room.  “Hi Hoonie.”  I went to him and hugged his neck.

          “Hi Lizzie girl.”  He kissed my cheek.  “You look pretty.”

          I smiled.  “Thanks.”  I went to Joon and took his hand.  “Do you two know each other?”

          Hoon looked up.  “Not personally, no.”

          “Joon, Hoon is my best friend.  Hoon, Joon is my boyfriend.  Be nice to each other.”  I saw Hoon’s look and turned to kiss Joon’s cheek.  “I’ll be right back.”  I grabbed Hoon’s hand.  “Can you help me with something?”

          “Sure.”

          I dragged him upstairs into my bedroom and shut the door.  “What’s wrong with you?”  I leaned against the door with my arms folded.

          “You expect me to just be ok with him?  How do I know he’s not one of those possessive or abusive guys?”

          “Hoonie…”  I sighed and wrapped my arms around him.

          “I just want you to be safe.”  He kissed the top of my head.

          “I know Hoon.  I will be.  He’s a good guy.”

          “If you say so…”

          “You’ll be the first to know if anything happens.”

          “Promise?”

          I squeezed him extra tight.  “I promise, Hoonie.”

          We went back downstairs after I changed into comfort clothes.

          Joon smiled.  “You know you could’ve worn that.”

          “I don’t wear this out in public.  Shows off too much of my legs.”  I sat beside him.

          “I think it shows a perfect amount.”

          “You’re crazy, Joon.”

          The three of us watched movies until Joon had to leave.  Hoon and I continued our movie day and eventually we drug ourselves upstairs and got in my bed.  It was one AM before we actually got to sleep.

Long chappie! I've been updating like crazy.