Chapter 21: Day With The Girls

You're Really the One I Love?

          I woke up when my alarm went off.  I sat up and stretched.

          “Mm baby, lie back down.”

          “I can’t Hoonie.  I’m going out with the girls today.”

          “Why?”

          “It’s spa day Hoon.  Unfortunately, I can’t get the usual treatment.”

          “Why not?”

          “Hoonie, I’m pregnant.  Some of the treatments are hazardous to the baby.  But, the spa we go to has special treatments for pregnant women.”

          “Good thing for you.  Wait, am I stuck babysitting?”

          “Do you not want to?”

          “I will.  I was just wondering.  I’ve been trying to get an excuse to miss today’s appointment.”

          “What kind of appointment?”

          “It’s with Soohyun if that tells you anything.”

          I giggled.  “You’re welcome for your excuse.”

          He smiled.  “You come first baby.  He knows that.”

          I stood up.  “I have to go get ready to leave.”  I kissed him.  “But I got up early so I could spend time with you after.”

          Hoon sat up and stretched.  “Then go hurry and get ready.”

          I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower.  It only took me ten minutes to get ready.  I padded barefoot into the bedroom again.  “How do I look?”

          Hoon looked over.  “I don’t know.  I can’t see you really well.  Come closer.”

          I started walking away and squealed when Hoon pulled me onto the bed.

          “No getting away.”

          I smiled and kissed him.  “Mm, honey, I need to wake Minnie up so she can get ready.  She always takes at least an hour and a half.”

          He pouted.  “You’ll come right back?”

          “Get my vitamin for me so I can take it when I get back in here.  They’re in my purse.”  I went to the guest room and knocked on the door.  “Min-Jee?  Minnie-ah?  Are you awake?”  I opened the door, and she was all sprawled out on the bed.  I went over to the bed.  “Min-Jee!”

          She opened her eyes.  “Li, it’s too early.

          “Get ready.  We have to leave in an hour.

          “WHY DIDN’T YOU GET ME UP SOONER?!”  She shot up and went into the bathroom.

          I smiled and went back to my bedroom.  I took a bottle of vitamin water from the mini fridge on the other side of my nightstand and opened it.

          Hoon held out my prenatal vitamin.

          I took it with the water and got into bed, hugging my fiancé.  “I told her that we have to leave in an hour.”

          “You’re mean.”

          “We have to leave in an hour and a half.”

          “Think about it, don’t hesitate.  I believe we could be a perfect fit.  I won’t do nappeunjit.  See you again, goodnight, kiss…

          I looked over and picked up my phone.  “Hi Soo Jin.”

          “You won’t be the only one having to choose different treatments, Li.”

          “Huh?”

          “I’m pregnant!”

          “How far are you?”

          “As far as you.”

          “You’re kidding!”

          “I’m not!”

          I smiled.  “Congrats Soo!  That just means you have to help me choose.”

          “We’re choosing all the same treatments.”

          “Ok.”

          “Is your aunt there with you?”

          “She’s getting ready as we speak.  I told her we were leaving in an hour.”

          “You lied, didn’t you?”

          “It’s not that big of one.”

          “You still did.  So, who all knows about the baby?”

          “Hoon’s mom and U-Kiss.”

          “Who else knows about the engagement only?”

          “Hoon’s dad, Jihoon, my grandmother, and that’s it, I think.”

          “Are you telling the other girls today?”

          “Of course Jinnie.  Are you telling them about your situation?”

          “Yah!  Don’t call it a situation.  You are in the same one, Lee Lizzie!”

          I smiled and kissed Hoon’s cheek.  “Yes, but I’m not keeping my man a secret from anyone.”

          “Jihoon doesn’t know about the baby does he?”

          “Hell no.”

          She giggled.  “I’ll see you when you get to my place.  Later honey.”

          “Later Soo.”  I set my phone back down and cuddled close to Hoon.  “Soo Jin is pregnant.”

          “Tell her congrats for me later.”

          I smiled.  “I will.”

          He took my hand, entwining our fingers.  “I love you Li.”

          “I love you, too, Hoon.”  I leaned my head against his chest.  “We may start planning the wedding today.”

          “Well it’s lucky you are friends with a wedding planner, huh?”

          “Very,” I said.  “Would you mind if I texted you with questions?”

          “It’s our wedding.  Why would I mind?”

          “Just making sure.”

          “Is it because people always say it’s the woman’s thing?”

          “That’s pretty much why.”

          “I’ll love it with any choices, just because I’m marrying you.”

          I smiled, looking up at him.  “I love you Hoon.”

          “I love you, too, baby.”  He rubbed my flat belly.  “Appa loves you, too.”

          I put my hand on his.  “I’m gonna get huge, and it’s all because of you.”

          Hoon kissed my cheek.  “Aw baby, I’ll love you anyway you look.”

          “Promise?”

          “Even if you ever look like the bride of Frankenstein, I will love the way you look.”

          “Ok, thanks for putting that thought in my head.”  I sat up and got the vitamin water off my nightstand, sipping on it.  I let out a breath.

          Hoon rubbed my back.  “Baby, you ok?”

          I took another sip of the water.

          “Nausea?”

          I nodded a little and took deep breaths, sighing in relief when the nauseous feeling went away.

          “Ok now?”

          “Mm-hmm.”  I set the water down and leaned my head against Hoon.

          He rubbed my back.  “First day in a week and a half where you’ve controlled it.”

          “The water helps.”

          Hoon kissed my temple, rubbing my back slowly.  “Your stomach all better now, though?”

          “Yeah, it’s fine.”

          “Good.”  He leaned his head against my shoulder, nuzzling my shoulder with his nose.

          I giggled.  “Hoonie, you know that tickles me.”

          He smiled and kissed my cheek.  “I know it.”

          The baby monitor came on with Jae’s morning whines.

          “I’ll get him.”

          Hoon pouted.  “Leaving me again?”

          “I’ve gotta get Jae.”  I kissed him lightly and went to Jae and Mimi’s room.  I picked up my baby brother and kissed his forehead before changing him.  I took him to my room with me and sat beside Hoon with Jae in my lap.

          He cooed and stuck his little hand out to Hoon.  “Hoo.”

          Hoon took Jae and laid back, holding Jae so they were nose to nose.  “What is it buddy?”

          I smiled.  “It’s a good thing I’m marrying a guy who my brother and sister both love.”

          “What’s not to love about me?”  Hoon grinned.

          “Ok, Mr. Yeo, no getting cocky on me.”

          “Too late.”

          I rolled my eyes and my iPod.  I sat on the bed and mouthed the words to U-Kiss’s Te Amo.

          Hoon grinned, looking at Jae.  “Look at her, she loves me so much.”

          I changed the song to Rock Ya Body.  “I like Xander more.”

          He pouted.  “You’re mean.”

          I leaned over to kiss him softly.  “I’m kidding.  You know I love you.”

          He smiled.  “Te amo.”

          I went on Youtube and saw that y, Free, and Single’s music video had become available.  I opened it and sat on the bed.  “Hey, Hoonie, Super Junior’s new music video came out.”

          “Really?”

          “Mm-hmm.”  I fanned myself.  “My Sungmin oppa has gotten so hot.”

          Hoon pouted.  “What is it with you and blondes, baby?”

          “I don’t like all blonde Asian guys.”

          “Just Eli hyung, Kevin, Joon, Jiyong, Eunhyuk, and now Sungmin.”

          I pouted.  “But they look good.”

          “Should I go blonde then?”

          I shook my head.  “No, I like your hair the color it is now.”  I looked at my screen again.  “Oh, my Hyukkie oppa has gotten so handsome!”

          Hoon pouted again and looked at Jae.  “She’s being mean to me Jae.  Make your noona stop it.”

          Jae tapped my shoulder.  “No Noona.”

          I looked at my fiancé.  “Not cool yeobo.”

          He grinned and hugged my brother.  “I have a smart baby brother-in-law.”

          “He ends up being a bad child when he’s older, you’re being blamed.”

          Hoon pouted.  “Don’t blame me for loving him!  He’s so cute.  Like me,” he said as he hugged Jae close.

          Jae whined, pushing against my love.

          Hoon sat up.  “Sorry Jae.  You ok?”  He cradled my brother.

          I got up and got a bottle of banana milk out of the mini fridge.  I opened it and put a straw in it.  “Here Hoonie.”

          He took it and sipped through the straw.

          Jae reached for the bottle.

          Hoon set the baby on his lap and held the straw for Sunjae.  “Is it good Jae?”

          The baby nodded.

          I smiled, shaking my head.  “You two are one of a kind babe.”

          “It’s not a crime to like banana milk.”

          “You don’t like it.  You have an obsession.”

          “Like you do with blondes?”

          “Ugh, I’m not talking to you anymore.”  I left my bedroom, annoyed at my best friend/future husband.  I found my cousin in the kitchen making coffee.

          “You’re up early.”

          “Mm-hmm.”  I took a bottle of green tea from the fridge and opened it, drinking down a quarter of it in one go.

          “Geez woman, slow down.”

          “You know how I am when I’m annoyed.”

          “What happened?”

          “Don’t ask.  Hoon’s gonna be here with the twins while I go out today.”

          “Spa day?”

          “Yeah it is.”  I looked up when Min-Jee came down, ready to go.  “Hey, that was fast.”

          “I hurried for once.  Do I look ok?”

          I giggled.  “Your shirt is inside out Minnie.”

          “What?”  She looked down.  “Oh hell,” she went to the downstairs bathroom.

          I put a couple bottles of the green tea in my bag and threw away the one I finished.  “Tell Min-Jee when she comes back that I’m getting my keys.”  I walked out of the kitchen and went back upstairs to grab my keys.

          Hoon was frowning, talking to Jae.  “Jae, I love her.  Why am I such a fool?”  He sighed, but smiled when Jae snuggled into him.  “Thanks buddy.  I knew I could count on you to make me feel better.  Don’t tell Noona, ok?”

          I hid the smile on my face as I entered and pulled out a drawer in my vanity, searching for my car keys.

          Hoon hugged me from behind.  “I’m sorry baby.”

          I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning to kiss him.  “I forgive you, Hoonie.”

          He smiled and kissed me again.  “I’ll miss you.”

          “I won’t be gone for that long, Hoon.  You’ve dealt with me being gone longer before anyways.”

          “I’ll still miss you.”

          “I’ll miss you, too.  Keep your phone beside you, just in case.”

          “I will.”

          “I love you, Yeo Hoonmin.”

          “I love you, too, Jung Li.”

          I pouted.  “Don’t use my real name.”

          “I love it, though.”

          I picked up my keys.  “I know you do.  I’ll see you later Hoonie.”  I went to Jae on the bed and kissed his cheek.  “I love you, and I’ll miss you, too, sunshine baby.”

          “Noona,” he whined.

          I picked him up and hugged him.  “I’ll be back, Jae.  Hoon’s going to be with you and Mimi today, ok?”

          He hugged my neck.

          I set Jae in Hoon’s arms, kissing his cheek.  “Love you both.  See you later.”

          Hoon smiled and walked downstairs with me, holding Jae.

          My aunt was in the living room, waiting.  “You’re finally back!  How long does it take for you to find your keys?”

          “Hey, you may be my aunt, but I’m still older.  Show some respect.”  I hugged Hoon one more time.  “I’ll call you later.”

          “Ok.”

          I went outside to my car and got in.  I turned over the engine and buckled myself in my seat.  “All good Minnie?”

          “I’m good.”

          I dialed Soo Jin’s number on my phone before pulling out of the driveway.

          “Hello?”

          “Hey Jinnie, we’re on our way.”

          “Sounds good.  It shouldn’t take you too long, should it?”

          “No, because I’m taking the shortcut.”

          “You’ll beat Mina here.”

          “Is Cho Hee coming?”

          “Yeah, she is.”  She giggled.  “Hang on a second.”  I heard her talk away from the phone to David.  “Sorry, David’s bothering me.  Oh, don’t you start doing that face to me.  It’s just as bad as Hoon is to Lizzie.”

          I pouted.  “Don’t talk about him.”

          “Li, I swear I heard you pout.”

          I honked the horn outside of her house.

          “!  Are you trying to give me a heart attack?”

          “Did it work?”  I grinned and got out of the car, walking with Min-Jee up to the door.

          “Partially,” Soo Jin hugged me when she opened the door.  She smiled and hugged Min-Jee, too.  “You should be watching your niece.”

          “I couldn’t have done anything.  She’s older than I am.”  Min pouted.  “I’ve already disrespected her once today.  I’m more scared of Li than anyone.”

          Soo Jin laughed.  “What do you do to people?”

          I pouted.  “Don’t blame me.  They feel intimidated by me.  It’s the Japanese blood.”

          “But Min-Jee is Japanese, too.”

          “Japanese and Korean blood mixed is a combination worthy of murdering either race.  It’s something in Li’s eyes.  They’re killers.”

          I pouted even more.  “I’m telling my oppa.”  I covered my mouth.

          Soo Jin found a bottle of green tea from my purse and opened it.  “You know it helps.  Come sit down, too.”

          I sat in the living room and took small drinks of the tea.  “Thanks Soo Jinnie.”

          She smiled.  “I know the feeling.”

          “It’s terrible.”

          “I know it honey.  It’ll be ok though.”  She sat down beside me on the couch.  “I’m still dealing with it, too.”

          David walked in and sat in the recliner.  “So, how’s my patient been?”

          “I think he’s much happier now that he can walk without crutches.  The cast still annoys him, but I make him shut up everytime he starts to complain.”

          Soo Jin giggled.  “Do you do it the way I do?”

          I grinned at her.  “I probably do.”

          Cho Hee, her twin sister So Hee, Mina, and my closest girl friend Hana after Soo Jin arrived at Soo Jin’s house.

          Hana hugged me tightly.  “I missed you!”

          I smiled and hugged her back.  “I missed you, too.”

          She pouted.  “Why don’t you text me anymore?”

          “I texted you two days ago.”

          “No text yesterday or today,” she pouted more.

          I smiled.  “Aigoo, my adorable sweet little innocent best friend,” I playfully pinched her cheek.

          “Hey, you’re younger than I am.”

          “But you’re too innocent Hana.”

          Soo Jin came downstairs with her keys.  “Aish, my husband,” she murmured.  “Come on, let’s go,” her mood lightened up instantly.

          I smiled, shaking my head as I walked with the other girls to Soo’s car.  I sat in the passenger seat beside Soo Jin while Min-Jee and Hana sat in the other two seats.  The twins were riding in Cho Hee’s car behind us.

          Soo Jin pulled out of the driveway.  “I don’t see why they can’t just ride with us.”

          “They’re stubborn twins Unnie,” Min-Jee said.  “You know how they are.”

          “Too stubborn,” Soo said.  “Hey Li, you should say something now.”

          I got my phone to call So Hee and put the call on speaker.  “Can you both hear us?”

          “Loud and clear,” Cho Hee said.

          “Soo Jin already knows this, but I’ve got something to tell you other four girls.”

          “What is it?”  Hana looked at me.

          “Hoon and I are getting married!”

          “Oh my god, that’s amazing!  Tell me I’m planning your wedding, please tell me that.”

          I grinned.  “Of course you can Cho.”

          “Yay!  It’s gonna be amazing!”

          “There’s another thing,” I spoke, seeing all my friends excited.

          “What is it?”

          I glanced at Soo Jin while she grinned.  “We’re gonna have a baby, too!”

          “OH MY GOD!”

          “Ow, Hana, don’t scream so loud, I’m driving,” Cho Hee’s audible wince came through the speaker on my phone.

          “Mianhae dongsaeng.”  Hana leaned forward and hugged me.  “I’m so happy for you.”

          I smiled.  “Thanks Hana bug.”  I looked at Soo Jin.  “Jinnie, you should tell them now.”

          “Tell us what?”  All other four chorused.

          Soo Jin grinned.  “I’m pregnant, too.”

          “How far are you?”

          She wiggled her nose.  “Li and I are both three weeks.”

          “Aw, you and Lizzie can have your babies together!”

          We both smiled.  “Maybe we can.  If nature lets it be so.”

          “A wedding and two babies,” Min-Jee sniffled.

          I smiled.  “Why are you crying, auntie?”

          She pouted.  “Don’t call me that, Unnie.”

          I looked down at my phone.  “Hoon is calling me.  Someone else call So back.”

          Minnie took her phone out.  “I got them.”

          I answered my phone after taking it off speaker.  “What is it yeobo?”

          “I miss you,” he whined.

          “Hoonie, I won’t be gone forever.  It’s not like I’m running away from you.”

          “Don’t talk about that!  It makes me sad.”

          “Baby, are you ok?”

          “My heart is lonely.”

          “My poor baby,” I said.  “I’ll be home later, though.”

          “Jihoon hyung said he wants to watch the kids later.  Can I come meet you when you get done at the spa?”

          I smiled.  “Sure you can, Hoonie.”

          “I love you.”

          “I love you, too.”

          “You know what else I love?”

          “What’s that Hoon?”

          “The baby we made.”

          I blushed.  “Hoonie, you’re making me blush.”

          He chuckled.  “Oh well.”

          “Listen, we just got here.  I’ll call you once we’re done, ok?”

          “I’ll watch Jae and Mimi until then.”

          “I love you Hoon.”

          “I love you, too, Li.”

          I put my phone up and got out of the car.

          “Aw, you’re so in love!”  Hana linked our arms while we walked to the spa entrance.

          I hugged her.  “Soo and I are going to be separated from you girls.”

          Hana pouted.  “I don’t want to be separated from you dongsaeng.”

          I smiled.  “It’ll be ok.  We’re going to the mall after this anyways.”

          “Yay!”

          Soo Jin and I went to a private room together.  “This should be nice.”

          “Mm-hmm,” I agreed.  “I just hate that we have to miss the sauna.”

          “I know it.  I could’ve used it.”

          “It’ll be ok.  We can do that after the babies come.”

          “You know what would be funny?  If we had the exact same cravings, our babies were both boys or girls, and if we went into labor and delivered at the exact same time.”

          I smiled.  “That would be funny.  We’d make David and Hoon’s life hell, though.”

          “Their faults we’re pregnant.”

          “It actually is Hoon’s fault.”

          She giggled.  “Oh Li…”

          I enjoyed the spa more than I ever had.  The facials were amazing, back massages were deep in the most stressed places, and the manicures and pedicures we got were the best I’ve had.

          I stretched.  “I feel like a new woman.”

          Soo smiled.  “Me too.  That guy sure knows where to get.”

          “The pair of them weren’t bad looking, either,” I elbowed her, giggling.

          “Look at how shiny our skin is.  We’re glowing, Li.”

          “It’s not the pregnancy glow yet, though.”

          We went to relax in the reception room, drinking tea while we waited for the others.  Hana came out and sat beside me first.

          “How was your time?”

          Soo Jin held her arm out.  “Look at this glow!”

          I smiled, shaking my head.  “She’s obsessed Unnie.”

          Hana smiled.  “You are glowing quite brightly Soo Jin.  It’s hurting my eyes.”  She covered her eyes playfully.

          Jinnie pouted.  “Mean Unnie.”  She sipped her tea.

          The rest of the girls came down, and we sat talking about normal everyday life before we left for the mall.

          I texted Hoon on the way to the mall that we were heading there now.

          Baby, just left from the spa.  On the way to the mall now, so you can come.  Tell Jihoon not to take the twins out of the house today.  Love you lots yeobo.

          I smiled while I heard Cho Hee start rattling off about ideas for the wedding.  “Of course, she can’t wait for this,” I thought to myself.