Chapter 24: It’s Not Going To Happen Again

You're Really the One I Love?
I haven't posted in four days.  So so so sorry, but I've been writing.  But, I've been working on something else as well...xP
I've started a second fanfic (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/232082/i-just-can-t-let-you-go-donghae-eunhyuk-pregnancy-elikim-denial-love) and was working on it, but also I had to finish chapter 24.  (I write these stories in Word and then transfer them here.  I don't like writing short chapters (under 5 pages) so I make sure that I have at least 5-6 pages.) I bring to you now the latest chapter of You're Really The One I Love?

           Lizzie had left me in her bedroom while she went downstairs.  Jae and Mimi were playing in the corner.  I was bored just lying there by myself, so I went to sit with the twins and play with them.

          It’d been about twenty minutes since she’d gone down.  I wasn’t worried about her though.  At least I wasn’t until Jihoon called my name.

          I went downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing her being helped up by Kwon Jiyong.  I took her into my arms.  “Baby?”

          “Hoon, promise me it won’t happen again.”  It was all she said before she fainted in my arms.

          I was freaking out, and I was worrying like crazy.  I carried her outside and set her in the back seat of her car.  The keys were taken from me.

          Jiyong got into the front seat of the car.

          I was glad Jihoon had stayed at the house.  I called Soo Jin and told her what happened to Lizzie.  I her hair gently as Jiyong drove.  “It won’t happen again baby.  I promise,” I said softly.

          When we got to the hospital, they rushed Lizzie to the maternity ward to see if anything was wrong.  I went to sit in the waiting room.

          Jiyong handed me my keys when he got up.  He sat beside me.  “What’s happening?”

          “I don’t know.”

          “How far is she?”

          “Just a little over a month along,” I sighed.

          “You’re together now.”

          “You know from her or someone else?”

          “It’s not hard to see.  You know I always wondered if she shared the feelings you had for her.”

          “You saw that huh?”

          He chuckled.  “Why else do you think I got so jealous, Hoon?  She always spent time with you.  Time I couldn’t spend with her.”

          “It’s not my fault you were busy.”

          “Hey, thanks for taking care of her when all that happened.”

          I smiled.  “It wasn’t any trouble.  I’ll admit, she was stubborn as hell, but she’d always listen to me.”

          Soo Jin walked in.  “Hey.”

          I looked up, frowning immediately.  “Is she alright?  The baby?”

          She hit me on the head with her file folder.  “They’re both fine.  Idiot, she could’ve died.”

          I rubbed my head.  “What happened?”

          “Low blood sugar, Hoon.”

          “She doesn’t have diabetes or anything.”

          “But it got too low, and now she’s pregnant so it matters more.  That’s why she fainted.  I have to admit, it’s a good thing you had a hold on her.  If she would’ve fallen in that kitchen she could’ve gotten a concussion or even worse.”

          “Can I see her?”

          “Sure.”

          I hugged her.  “Thank you Soo Jin.”

          She hugged me back.  “Watch after my best friend, moron.  I don’t need her going through another depression spell.  Especially before your wedding,” Soo Jin said as she smiled.  “Jiyong, you can come if you want.”

          “I’m going to stay here and call her brother and cousin first.”

          “Thanks man.”  I went to Lizzie’s room.

          She was lying on her side crying while her hands were folded over her belly.

          I shut the door softly and went to her.  “Baby?”

          She sat up and threw her arms around me.  “It almost happened again!”

          I held her tightly.  “Shh, it’s ok.  I’m here.”

          She shook as she cried against me.

          “Li, baby, you’ll make yourself sick if you keep crying.  Calm down baby.  Please.”

          My fiancée laid her head against my shoulder, sniffling.

          I wiped the tears from her eyes and held her close, rubbing her back.  “The baby’s ok.”

          “What happened?”

          I made her lie back but held both of her hands in mine.  “Soo Jin said you had low blood sugar, which caused you to faint.”

          “I fainted?”

          I frowned.  “In my arms,” I murmured.

          She smiled faintly.  “My knight in shining armor as always.”

          “Jihoon is home with the twins.”

          “Ji?”

          “He’s calling your brother and Jihoon to tell them.”  I rubbed her palms with my thumbs.

          “Hoonie, what’s wrong?”

          “I was scared,” I whispered.  I felt tears sting my eyes as I looked at her.  “You don’t know how badly I was scared.”

          “I do, though.”

          “How could you?”

          “Hoon, I got a call two months ago.  A doctor called me and told me that my best friend was in an accident.  How do you think it made me feel?  My blood ran cold when he said your name.  I didn’t want to believe it.  Then I arrived here, the same place my own mother died in, to find you all bruised and cut with a concussion and a broken leg.  David said you were lucky to even have survived that accident.”  She looked down, her tears running.

          I laid beside her on my side and rubbed her belly.  “Don’t cry baby, you’ll upset our little one.”  I kissed her tears away and moved the hair from her face.  “I hate when you cry.”

          She smiled.  “I’m sorry yeobo.”

          I pressed her hand to my face.  “Don’t apologize.  There’s nothing to apologize for.”

          There was a knock on the door.

          “Come in,” Lizzie said.

          Soo Jin came in.  “How are you feeling honey?”

          “Better now.”  She rubbed my cheek with her thumb.

          I smiled at her.

          “Aish, pabo who almost let my bestie die.”

          “Jinnie, don’t be mean to my yeobo.  He was upstairs when I fell.”

          “You could’ve broken a bone or worse.”

          “But I didn’t.  Calm down Jin.”

          “You want to see the baby?”

          She smiled.  “Yeah, I want to see.”  Lizzie squeezed my hand.  “Get up yeobo.”

          I stood up.  “Where are we going?”

          She sat in the wheelchair Soo Jin brought.  “We’re going to see our baby.”

          I pushed her behind Soo Jin.

          Lizzie sighed.  “I don’t want to be here.”

          I smiled and pushed her into the room Soo Jin walked into.  “It’s alright.  We’ll be home soon enough.”

          “As soon as we’re done in here,” Soo Jin promised.  “Although you are fine, I’m going to need you to rest.”

          Lizzie pouted.  “We can’t go out tomorrow now.”

          “What were you going to do?”

          “Hang out with my cousin and a few of his friends.”

          “As long as there’s not a lot of physical activity, you can go.”

          “I doubt there will be.  They are more active sitting down these days than they are standing up.”

          I kissed her hand.  “It’s hard being an idol.”

          She smiled.  “They’ve been doing it longer than you have, though, yeobo.”

          I poked her cheek.

          She pouted.  “Hoonie, stop it.”

          I leaned down to kiss her cheek.  “I’m sorry.”

          Soo Jin looked at the screen.  “Li, Hoon, look.”

          I looked over at the monitor.  “What is that flickering?”

          Lizzie smiled.  “It’s our baby’s heart beating.”

          “Wow, really?”  I stared in amazement.

          Lizzie giggled.  “You’re so silly.”

          I pouted.  “I can’t be excited because we’re having a baby?”

          “I never said that Hoon.”  She sat up and hugged my neck.  “I’m excited, too, you know.  But, I’m also hurt.”

          “Aw, why?”

          “You haven’t kissed me once since I’ve been here.”

          “But I’ve kissed your cheeks.”

          “Doesn’t count.”

          I smiled, leaning forward to kiss her.  “I love you.”

          “I love you, too.”

          Soo Jin smiled.  “It’s good to see you two so sweet with each other.”

          Li laid her head against my shoulder.  “Jinnie, I want to go home.  Will you release me already?”

          “I’m signing it Li.  Sheesh,” Jin looked down at the file in her hands.  “I’ll go get your stuff for you.”  Soo Jin left the room.

          Li pouted.  “I hate hormones.”

          “What’s wrong now?”

          “I’m really frustrated.”

          I hugged her.  “My poor baby,” I leaned down and kissed her neck softly.

          “Hoon, that’s not helping.”  She tightened her arms around my neck and gasped when I bit lightly.  “This is why we’re having a baby in the first place, Hoonie.”

          I pulled back to look at her.  “Don’t you think I know that?”  I turned my head to kiss her wrist.

          “You’re killing me.”  She put her hands on my chest and pushed me lightly.

          I held both of her hands in mine while we waited.

          Lizzie got released.

          I kept my arm around her shoulder while we walked to the waiting room.  I chuckled when I saw Jiyong.

          “She’s fine.  Don’t come down here, because I’m not telling you where she is in this hospital.”

          Lizzie giggled.  “I see that Ji is talking to my brother.”  She looked over at him.  “Hey, I’m released.  Let’s go already.”

          He looked up.  “She’s right here in front of me idiot.”  Jiyong stood up and held his phone out.  “You deal with him.”

          She took the phone.  “Yah Lee Seung-hyun, leave Jiyong alone.  You’re making him look old.  I’m fine, too, by the way.  Bye.”  She hung up on her brother and held the phone out.  “Here Ji.”

          “How did you do that?”

          She smiled.  “I have control over Oppa.  It’s not hard to get him to shut up.”

          “Or anyone, for that matter,” I said.

          “You’re just saying that because you’re the same.”

          I smiled.  “I happily am though.”

          “Oh hush and get me home.”

          We got in her car, and I drove back home.  I got out and carried Lizzie into the house.

          “Let me down already.  I’m not a child anymore Hoon.  Ji, make him stop.”

          I smiled.  “Baby, he can’t do anything to make me stop.”

          Her first love only smiled.  “Get some rest Li.  I gotta go.”

          She huffed and crossed both her arms.

          “Aw sweetheart, don’t be so mad.”

          “Let me down then.”

          “Can’t do that baby girl.”  I took her upstairs and into her bedroom, lying her down.  I tucked her in under the blanket and kissed her forehead.  “Just rest baby.”

          She looked at me.  “Hoonie…”

          I kissed her lips.  “Sleep for a little bit.  Rest yourself and the baby, too.”

          “Stay with me.”

          “I will baby.  I promise.”  I laid my head down beside hers, my hand lying on her belly.

          Li closed her eyes.  “I love you.”

          I kissed her cheek.  “I love you, too.”  I watched her for a few minutes after she’d fallen asleep.  I got out of bed and left the bedroom, shutting the door.  I texted AJ.

          Are Kevin and Eli there?

          Everyone’s here.  Why?

          I just wondered.

          Did something happen Hoon?

          You could say that.  Don’t worry though.  She’s ok and so is the baby.  I got to see the baby, too.

          What happened?

          Almost the same thing that happened in the past.  Don’t worry hyung, it was prevented.

          I switched to texting Kevin and Eli.

          Are you two busy?

          We’re in our room.  What’s up?  Eli was the one to reply.

          Come over.  I’ll tell you when you get here.  Bring Kiseop, too.

          We’re on our way.

          I went into the twins’ room.  I smiled at the two of them.

          Jae was trying to put a hat on Mi Young’s baby doll.

          I picked up Mi Young, drying her tears.  “What’s wrong Mimi?”

          “Hat off baby.”

          I sat down where she’d been, setting her in my lap.

          Jae held out the doll and hat to me.

          I slipped it on the baby and handed it to Mi Young.  “Look baby, it’s all fixed.”

          She giggled and hugged the doll.  “Thanks Appa.”

          I smiled and kissed her cheek.  “Anytime.”

          Jae whined.  “Hoo,” he put his arms up.

          Mimi got out of my lap to go sit in her red chair with her doll.

          I stood up and picked up Jae.  “What is it buddy?”

          He hugged my neck and laid his head against my shoulder.

          “Want to go in the living room?”

          He nodded.

          I walked into the living room with him and set him in the playpen.

          The front door opened and closed.

          “Hoon, are you down here?”

          I walked into the foyer to meet the guys.  “Come in the living room.”  I walked back and sat on the recliner.

          Kiseop, Eli, and Kevin sat down.  “What’s up?”

          Mi Young came in and saw Eli, going to him immediately.

          He took Mimi into his arms and set her in his lap.  “So, what happened?”

          I took Jae from the playpen because he started to whine and call my name.  I sat down and rubbed his back while I told the guys what happened to Lizzie.

          “Is she ok?!”

          I looked at Kevin.  “Yeah, she’s fine.”

          “The baby?”

          “Baby’s fine, too.”

          He and Kiseop both sighed in relief.

          “Guys, you know if anything was wrong that we’d still be at the hospital.  I wouldn’t have been able to call you either.”

          “It doesn’t mean we aren’t still worried Hoon.  You know how we think of her.”  Eli made a face at Mi Young.

          She giggled and covered her eyes with her hands.

          “So, I was thinking.  We just got home, plus we got engaged yesterday.  Tomorrow, she was planning on us going out to hang out with her cousin, but Soo Jin told her that she needed to rest.  I was thinking that maybe I could make dinner for her.  But, I at cooking.”

          Eli and Kevin looked at each other.

          “Elvin’s back.”  Kevin grinned.

          Kiseop pouted.  “Then what am I going to do?”

          “You’ve said you missed Lizzie.  Make sure she stays upstairs.”

          He smiled.  “I can do that easily.”

          I tilted my head towards the stairs.  “Go on hyung.”

          Kevin smiled at Eli.  “You should take him shopping.  I can watch the twins.”

          “How about this,” I said.  “We’ll take Jae, and you can watch Mi Young.”

          Kevin took Mimi from Eli, and she immediately cuddled into him.  “I’ll watch her.”

          “It’ll give you practice for later,” Eli teased.

          “Haha Eli,” Kevin stuck his tongue out.

          I smiled and stood up with Jae.  “We’ll take my car.”

          “Watch after the baby girl while we’re gone Kev.”

          “Do you not have any faith in me, Eli?”

          “I’m just saying Kevin.  Geez, you don’t have to bite my head off.”

          “Get out,” he pushed Eli out of the front door.

          I laughed and put Jae in his car seat.  “Uncle Pigeon got shoved out of the house buddy.”

          He giggled.

          I shut the door to the back seat and got in the driver’s seat.  I drove to the grocery store near the house.  I set Jae in the cart and pushed it along with Eli, making faces at Jae while we walked through the store.

          “Has she been wanting anything specific?”

          “Well, she likes banana milk even more now.”  I puffed out my cheeks and crossed my eyes at Jae.

          “I meant food wise idiot.”

          “Hey, don’t call me an idiot in front of my brother.”  I pouted.  “But she hasn’t told me she’s wanted anything specific.  She said she was wanting Italian food though.”

          “That narrows it down, somewhat.  We’ll make pasta for her then.”

          Jae puffed up his cheeks, patting them with his little hands.

          “Oh Jae, you worry me buddy.”

          He giggled.

          We finished the shopping and unloaded the groceries when we got home.  Kiseop was downstairs with Kevin and Mimi.

          “She drank a bottle of banana milk and fell asleep as soon as she was finished.  I can’t even rouse her.”

          “I’m going to go check on her.”  I went upstairs and smiled when I saw Lizzie.  I sat down on the bed and moved the hair from her face.

          “Li-Li’s sleepy Appa.”

          I laid down, facing her.  “Did you rest?”

          “I’m fixing to again when I go back to sleep.”

          “Did you feed our little one?”

          She nodded a little.

          I rubbed her belly.  “Kiseop will come back up here to keep you company in a few minutes.  You’re not allowed downstairs.”

          “Why not?”

          I kissed her forehead.  “Because Hoonie said so.”

          “Kiss?”  She opened her eyes and puckered her lips like a little kid.

          I smiled and pecked her lips.  “I love you.”

          Lizzie smiled.  “Love you, too.”  She to her back and rubbed her belly.  “Appa and Eomma also love you.”

          I smiled and leaned down, pressing my mouth to her belly.  “Appa loves you.”

          She took my hand.  “You promise?”

          I kissed her palm.  “I love both of you very much.  I’ll come get you when dinner is ready.  In the meantime, you just need to rest yourself.”

          “Ok.”

          I pulled the blanket over her and handed Jasper the big white tiger to my fiancée.  I went back downstairs to help Eli while Kevin watched the twins and Kiseop stayed with Lizzie.


Next chapter will start what will develop into part of the big conflict that will come soon.
Now however, I'll put down a random cute pic of me I showed my best friend. xP
I look a little bit scared, but I'm actually pouting while I hold my ladybug Pillow Pet that my big sister got for me.
Li wants a panda bear. >.< Maybe I'll get one soon. xP