Chapter 19: Is It Really True?

You're Really the One I Love?

          Hoon finally got the first cast off and got one he could walk in so his leg could finish healing.  Even though he didn’t have to, he stayed at my house.

          I brushed my teeth.

          He leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed.  “Get sick again?”

          I turned the sink off.  “Go away.”  I walked past him and crawled under my covers, closing my eyes.

          “Li, you need to go to the doctor.”

          “No way,” I yawned.

          “You know you need to.”

          “Not today.  I’m tired.”

          “Li, do you think it could be that…”

          I put my hand over his mouth.  “Don’t say anything else.”  I turned away from him.

          Hoon laid behind me, wrapping his arms around me.  “Li, you could be.”

          “I don’t like that thought.”

          “Why not?”

          “You know why.”

          He sighed.  “You make me wonder sometimes Li.  I have a schedule today.  Just rest while I’m gone, ok?”

          “Don’t worry, I will.”

          He leaned over to kiss my cheek.  “I’ll be back after the fan meeting.  See you later.”

          “Bye Hoonie.”  I got up once he was gone and picked up my phone.  I called my girl friend.

          “Dr. Moon’s office.”

          “Soo?”

          “Hi Lizzie.  What are you doing?”

          “Can I come in?”

          “Right now?”

          “Anytime today.”

          “I’m freed up right now.  What’s wrong honey?”

          “I just need a checkup.  I’m not feeling that great.  I’ll be there in a couple minutes.”

          “I’ll be expecting you then.”

          “Ok.  Thanks Soo Jin.”

          “Anytime sweetie.”

          I slid my phone into my jeans and grabbed my purse, going downstairs.  I locked the house up and got into my car sighing.  “Please don’t let this be happening all over again.”  I drove to the hospital near my house.            It was the exact same hospital I couldn’t stand to go into, but I had to because that’s where my doctor was.

          I was really glad that the twins were visiting my aunt for the day.  They didn’t like the hospital either.

          I found Soo waiting in her office.

          “Hey honey.”  She hugged me.  “Is anything wrong?”

          “Soo, I think I’m pregnant.”

          “What?  Really?”

          “Don’t ask yet, I’ll tell you later.  Can you just run a test?”

          “Sure Li.”

          I whined when she pulled a needle out to take a blood sample.  I looked away while she took it.

          “It’ll be ok Li.”

          “I hate needles.”

          “I know it.”

          I sighed in relief once she finished.

          “So can I buy you lunch?”  She asked once she’d sent the blood to the lab.

          “Anything to get it out of me, huh?”

          Soo Jin smiled sheepishly.  “I’m curious.”

          “Sure, you can buy me lunch.”

          “Are you craving anything in particular?”

          “Ok, now you’re teasing me Soo.  Stop it.”

          She grinned and grabbed her purse.  “We have to tell David that I’m leaving for lunch.”

          “Fine with me.”  I walked with her to her husband’s office.

          Soo knocked on the door.

          “Come in.”

          She opened the door and pecked him on the cheek.  “I’m taking Lizzie out to lunch.  You want anything?”

          “No, I’m ok.”

          “Suit yourself.”  She linked her arm with mine while we walked to the elevator.

          “I still can’t believe you and Hoon’s doctor are married.”

          “Why not?  I love David.”

          “He’s sweet Soo, but it’s just strange.”

          “It’s not like I met him at the time of the accident.”

          “You should’ve told me you were dating another doctor.”

          She giggled.  “But that would’ve ruined it.  Surprising everyone was funny.  Speaking of dating, start talking once we reach my car.”

          I pouted.  “Fine.”

          “How’s Hoon doing?”  Soo unlocked her car.

          “He’s fine.  He’s at a fan meeting today.”

          “I bet he’s glad to have a cast he can walk with instead of using crutches.”

          “I’m pretty sure he is.”  I sat in the seat and buckled my seat belt.

          “Now, talk to me.”

          I sighed.  “Where should I start?”

          “What the hell happened?  Who’s the possible father?”

          “Hoon,” I admitted.

          “What?!”

          “If there’s a baby, it’s Hoon’s child, Soo Jin.”

          was wide open.  “H-how did that happen?

          “How else?

          She pouted.  “I don’t mean that you dummy.  I mean, how did you two get to that?  Li, did you tell him?

          I sighed.  “No, I haven’t told him.  He loves someone else though.

          “Did he tell you that?

          “He told me he’s in love right now, that the girl went to school with us, has three siblings, and is in a relationship.

          “You know who that sounds like?

          “Minha.

          “You.

          “Crazy girl, that sounds like you!  Not Minha!  Besides, why would Hoon be in love with that crazy, stalker ?

          “Soo, she is his ex girlfriend.

          “Do you think someone in their right mind like Hoon would date someone like her?  She wasn’t mental when they started dating, but you know what happened afterwards.

          “Yeah, I know.

          She parked the car in front of our favorite restaurant.  “Come on.  We can talk inside.

          We went inside and sat down.

          Soo ordered food and sipped on her drink.  “So tell me how it happened.”

          “Hoon could tell I was acting off the whole day.  I was sitting on the bed, and he pulled me close, my hair.  He asked me to tell him what was wrong.  But, he made me look up into his eyes since I was diverting his looks.  I couldn’t control myself, and I kissed him.  But I pulled back and looked down.  Then, he kissed me and things escalated from there.”

          Soo looked at me.  “So now, you could be having his baby.”

          “He knows it’s a possibility.”

          “How?”

          “I’ve been getting the morning sickness, and I have mood swings.  I’m late, too, but he doesn’t know that.  He told me this morning I should go to the doctor’s, but I didn’t want him to be with me just in case.”

          “It’ll be ok sweetheart.  You always have your friends, right?  Hoon would never leave you, either.”  She squeezed my hand.

          I smiled.  “Thanks Soo.”

          “My pleasure sweetheart,” she smiled warmly, automatically reminding me of my Eomma.

          We ate octopus, and it was yummy.  Soo Jin and I went back to the hospital, and she got my test results.

          “They finished fast.”  She held them under her arm and knocked on the door to David’s office.

          “What is it?”

          She set the octopus on his desk.  “It’s spicy like you like it babe.”

          He smiled.  “You didn’t have to get me some.”

          “Well you need to eat.  I’ll be with Lizzie.”  She kissed his cheek and smiled, shutting his door.  “He loves me.”

          I smiled.  “Why wouldn’t he?  You are married.”

          We walked up to her floor and went into Soo’s office.

          I sat down.  “Just tell me.  Am I or am I not?”

          She sat down at her desk, looking at the results.  “Are you going to cry either way?”

          “I won’t.  I promise.”

          She smiled.  “I’m the godmother right?”

          I gasped, covering my mouth.

          “Hey, you promised.”  She smiled and stood up, hugging me.  “You’re going to be a mommy, Li-Li.”

          “I can’t believe it, Soo.”

          My best friend rubbed my back.  “You want to go see your baby?”

          “Sure.”

          I drove home with an ultrasound printout and prenatal vitamins in my purse.  I was off my anti-depressants now that I was pregnant, which was good because I think they were making me worse.  I went upstairs, and I painted with music on.  It wasn’t Big Bang blaring, but all the different music on my iPod.

          I heard the door open while I was washing my brushes.

          “Hey, there you are.”

          “Here I am.”  I put the brushes down to dry.  I wiped my hands off and went past Hoon, going towards my bedroom.  “Close the door and come on.”  I went into my room and sat on my bed, crisscrossing my legs.

          He came in and laid his head on my lap, playing with my fingers.  “What is it?”

          “Promise you won’t get mad?”

          “Li, I could never get mad at you.”

          “Hoon,” I let out a breath.  “I’m pregnant.”

          He looked up at me.  “What?”  Hoon sat up, holding my hands.  “Li, you’re pregnant?”

          “I just said I was, Hoon.”

          He pulled me into his arms and kissed me.  “I’m so happy.”

          I pouted.  “What about that girl?”

          He grinned.  “You dumb girl.  Can’t you see?  You are the girl.  Li, I’ve been in love with you since I met you.”

          “Really?”

          “Yes baby.  Why else would I be so annoyed when Eli tries to hit on you?”

          “Hoonie, I’m in love with you, too.  That’s why I was acting so weird.”

          He smiled.  “Baby, I love you.”  He laid on his back and pulled me on top of him.  “You went to the doctor, didn’t you?”

          “Soo Jin wasn’t busy today.  She knows you’re the father.”

          “Is she the only one?”

          “Duh.  Who else do I have to tell?  There’s no way I’m telling Mir that we slept together.”

          “Break up with Joon.”

          “I did.”

          “What, when?”

          “Hoonie, I broke up with him like a week ago.”

          “But you weren’t crying.”

          “Why should I if I didn’t get hurt from breaking up with him?  I’m with the man I love right now.”

          Hoon laughed.  “It only took a second pregnancy to get us to admit it to each other.”

          “Yeah but this baby is yours.”

          He smiled.  “So, who did you tell?”

          “Mir knew from the beginning.  I’m betting that you told AJ.”

          “Why’s that?”

          “You were always on the phone with him.  Besides, I know he’s your secret confidante.”

          “He is after you.”  Hoon rubbed my back.

          “I’m not even telling you how far I am because that would be utterly pointless.  But I can show you what the baby looks like.”

          “Really?”

          I got the printout from my bedside table and held it in front of Hoon.

          He smiled.  “We’re going to have a baby.”  He pulled me down for a kiss.

          “You can only tell one person for now,” I murmured against his lips.

          “Aw, why?”

          “Because only Soo Jin knows other than us.”

          “Guess I should call AJ hyung.”

          “Not yet, Hoonie.”  I moved to lie in his side and laid my head on his shoulder.  “Just be happy that we’re having a baby and love each other.”

          “Marry me and maybe I will.”

          “Hoonie, too early.”

          He chuckled.  “I’m only kidding.  For now, at least.”

          “If the baby’s a girl, I want to name her Keiko.”

          “What if the baby’s a boy?”

          “You pick a name.”

          “I like Bae.”

          I smiled.  “I like it, too.  You know why I chose Keiko, though, right?”

          “Yeah, I know.”

          I bit my lip.  “When we do get married Hoon, I want to go to Japan for our honeymoon.”

          “I’ll remember that.  Wait, you’re saying yes?”

          I smiled.  “I’m saying yes.”

          “You know, I was going to flat out propose to you tonight.”

          I looked at him.  “Really?”

          “I really was.”

          “Were we going to be here?”

          “Nope.  I’m not telling you where since we’re still going.”

          “Why can’t I know?”

          “Because it’s a surprise Li.  We have to celebrate somehow.  Don’t worry, I won’t drink.”

          “If you did, I would rebreak your leg and hide the painkillers.”

          “Harsh baby.”  Hoon sat up, leaning over to grab something from the other bedside table.

          “Jeweler’s box?”

          He smiled.  “I got it custom made for you.”  Hoon opened the box.

          “Oh Hoonie,” I gasped.

          The ring was beautiful.  The band had Celtic knots except at the top, where a bright green emerald heart sat in the middle.

          Hoon took the ring and slid it on my finger.  “A promise that I will love you eternally.”

          I smiled, hugging his neck and kissing him.  “I love you.”

          “I love you, too.  Do you like it?”

          “I love it.  How’d you know?”

          He smiled.  “You love everything about Ireland.”

          “I wish you could’ve been there with Eomma, Appa, and me.  It was amazing.”

          “Maybe you and I could take our child there one day.”

          I smiled.  “We’re taking Jae and Mimi, too, then.”

          “I’d never forget them.”  Hoon pecked my lips.  “You know what I want you to do?”

          “What?”

          “I want you to go relax in the bath so you can get all pretty for me tonight.”

          I smiled.  “Ok.”  I got off the bed and went into the bathroom, closing the door.  I started the water and poured in bubbles.

          When the tub filled up, I slid down into the warm water.

          Hoon came in on his phone.  “She said I can only tell one person, so I’m telling you.”  He sat on the side of the tub and put the call on speakerphone.

          I scooped up some bubbles and blew them at Hoon.  “Take that.”

          “Hey, no blowing bubbles at me.”

          “Hey Li, congrats on the news.”

          I smiled.  “Thanks AJ Oppa.  I know you were the one who knew.  Why didn’t you tell me?”

          “I wanted Hoon to be the one to confess.  Besides, I was sworn to secrecy from anyone.”

          “So would you have told me if Hoon hadn’t made you swear?”

          “Doubt it, but I’d consider.”

          I looked at Hoon.  “Eli doesn’t know does he?”

          “Nope.  By the way, no more saying you want Eli.”

          “But, but, why?”

          “Because then I’ll have to kick his .”

          I pouted.  “You and your jealousy,” I murmured.

          He chuckled.  “Well you’re mine, so I’m allowed to be jealous.”

          “Eli hyung knows I’m talking to you two.  He wants to talk.”

          “Put him on,” I giggled at Hoon’s glare.

          “Hey you two.”

          I smiled.  “Hi Eli.”

          “Hyung, I’m gonna kill you.”

          I took Hoon’s free hand.  “Yeobo, don’t hurt the pigeon.  You don’t want me to be sad, do you?”

          “No.”

          “Why am I going to die again?”

          “Hoon’s just jealous, Eli.  Don’t worry.”  I traced the lines in Hoon’s palm.

          “Dongsaeng, why are you jealous?”

          Hoon kept pouting.  “My girlfriend’s talking about you.”

          “You have a girlfriend?”

          I held my left hand up.  “Girlfriend?”  I mouthed at him.

          Hoon smiled.  “Fiancée, actually.”

          “So, who is it?”

          I smiled at Hoon and pressed his hand against my face.  “It’s me, Eli.”

          “What?  You and Hoon are…no way.”

          “We are.”

          “Why?”

          “Because I love Hoon.  I have for a while now.”  Eli was faking the upset emotions so Hoon would believe that Eli didn’t know anything about my being in love with Hoon.

          “You hide it well enough,” Hoon squeezed my hand.

          “Look who’s talking Mr. Secretive.”

          “I need to go see Kevin now.”

          AJ came back.  “Uhm…what part did you tell Eli?”

          “That we’re engaged.”

          “He looked shocked.  He’s the only one of U-Kiss who didn’t see Hoon’s infatuation for you, Li.”

          “It’s because Eli likes me.”  Eli did like me, but he knew I loved Hoon above any other guy there was out there.  It of course excluded my baby brother, my older brother, and my cousin because they were all on the same level of the amount of my love I gave them.

          “I’ll go give him the ‘there’s plenty of fish in the sea’ speech.  I’ll talk to you later.  Take it easy Lizzie.”

          “I will AJ.”

          “Bye dongsaengs.”

          Hoon set his phone to the side and started massaging my palm.  “He’ll be ok.”

          “I know he will.”  I grinned.  “He still has,” I started.

          Hoon glared.  “Don’t you dare finish that sentence.”

          “Kevin.”

          “I was thinking you were going to say something else.”

          I giggled.  “I was at first.”

          “You’re so mean.”

          “Aw Hoonie, you know I love you.  You’re lucky that I have enough control to not pull you in here with me.”

          He chuckled.  “You dirty minded girl,” Hoon pressed his lips to my palm.  “Hurting anywhere?”

          I shook my head.  “My hand feels better now.”

          “Can I pick your dress?”

          “I guess.”

          “If I can’t choose, I’ll pick two.”

          “Go on then.”  I drained the tub and then turned the water on so I could wash my hair.  I toweled off after and slipped on my silk robe before walking to my closet.  “What’d you choose Hoonie?”

          “I don’t know yet.”

          I hugged him.  “Come on baby.  I can’t just go out in my robe.”

          “Well, you could.”

          “You wouldn’t like it.  It shows off my legs.”

          “Ok, I pick the purple one.”  He took it off the hanger, draped it over my shoulder, and pushed me.  “Go.”

          I shook my head.  “The man I’m marrying…”  I dressed, fixed my hair, and put on lipgloss.  I walked into the closet and put on some black heels.  I walked into the bedroom, seeing Hoon lying down with his eyes closed.  “Yeobo, are you awake?”

          “I’m awake.”

          “I’m ready.”

          He opened his eyes.  “Wow baby, you look amazing.”

          I blushed.  “I don’t dress up too often.”

          Hoon stood and wrapped his arms around my waist.  “You always look beautiful, no matter what.”  He kissed my forehead.  “Shall we go?”

          “Sure.”

          He took my hand and pulled me downstairs.

          “This should be an interesting night,” I murmured to myself.

All in one day what happened?
Lizzie and Hoon are having a baby!
AND THEY'RE ENGAGED!
Lizzie wants to go to Japan for their honeymoon.
Their happiness is present for now, but pregnant women are very difficult to be around sometimes.
Next chapter the happy couple are going to go out and celebrate their news.  Someone else will be there.
Guesses?  Find out next!