Vampires in Korea

Boys over Blood

 

“Anna! His place really is huge!” Louis said as he sat down on a black leather couch. Apparently, Danny's apartment was a modernized loft filled with white furnishings.

“I guess he must make a lot,” Anna said as she came out of Danny's room. “His closet is pretty big too. He has more clothes than I do.”

“So I was thinking about learning some Korean. How long are we staying here anyway?”

“Just for a few months until we can finally sort things out. Whoah,” said Anna. She found an extensive collection of wine bottles in a wine box, but from the smell, she knew that it wasn't expensive wine.

 

“Its not human if that's what you're worried about,” Danny said as he opened the door. “You can drink some, Anna. You need it anyway.”

“If its not human, then what is it? The smell isn't animal like," she asked, taking another whiff.

“It is animal blood, but it's been changed a bit to make it more...appetizing.”

Danny poured some of the blood into a glass for Anna, while Louis took the rest of the bottle for him to chug down.

 

“You know, the both of you made quite an appearance at school. Many of my students kept asking about you, especially MBLAQ.”

“MBLAQ was in the classroom?” Louis gawked.

“They saw you two at the airport too. Which brings us to the topic of the both of you keeping a low profile," he added, while taking off his black trench coat.

“That's exactly what we want too, and its one of the reasons why Louis and I wanted to leave the country,” said Anna, after taking a sip. The taste of the blood was more than just satisfying; she was hungry for so many weeks. “But I don't believe that disguising ourselves as foreign exchange students is such a good idea, Danny. We need all the time we can get to think of a way to kill Niklaus.”

 

“Where is the stake anyway?” Danny asked. Anna pulled the stake out of her bag and handed it to Danny; the stake was coated over by silver-colored paint.

“Our friend had to melt her mother's necklace to finish the spell on the stake,” Anna continued. “And it's the only that we have.”

“It's brilliant. I think I know where we can hide this for now, but as for you two being in my class. I say that its the safest way for the both of you," he said, examining the texture of the stake closely.

“How?” asked Louis.

“Think about it, Niklaus is a very powerful vampire who probably does have connections here in South Korea. He can easily find you two if you stick out enough, plus he even has Zayne's powerful vampire family on his side, and the both of you are already seen as celebrities. The best option here is to stay quiet as normal high students. By the way, aren't you and Zayne a thing, Anna?”

 

“That was a long time ago. I may have loved him to the point where I wanted him to change me, but he wasn't the vampire I fell in love with now,” Anna took another glass full. She didn't want Danny to continue bringing up Zayne, especially since she decided to forget him a long time ago. She added a shot of vodka to her drink. 

“Why is he working with Niklaus?” Danny asked.

“After Zayne's parents passed away, Niklaus sort of came in and provided some guidance to Zayne. But I kept telling him that Nik was just using him to create hybrids," she answered, while playing with the top of the wine glass around her fingertips.

“Hybrids?” Danny asked. “Of what?”

“Of vampires and lycans. A large portion of Zayne's family, on his mother's side, are all werewolves, and powerful ones who also have a big influence over the lycan community,” answered Louis. “But even though Zayne is completely brainwashed by Nik, he's still in love with Anna.”

 

“You don't have feelings left for him, Anna?”

“I told you. It's done and it's over. What's important right now is how we kill off Nik so that a war between vampires doesn't happen. How can Louis and I think of a proper plan if we're too busy studying your material?” Anna asked.

“Who says that you have to listen? It's fine. I can get you permission to bring in your laptop, and my desk is filled with manuscripts that can help you in case you need them. You can do whatever you need to do, just in my classroom.”

“Fine,” said Anna. “How many vampires do you know around here? Can we trust any of them?”

“Most of the vampires here are foreigners who are very nice and vegan, but every now and again, there will be one that causes trouble and starts feeding on some humans. I even know someone who works at the police station, so just in case, covering up for us won't be a problem.”

 

“Can they even fight?” Anna smiled.

“Can you fight?” Danny leaned over. “I'm dying to see what you can do.”

“Haha! No, you don't!” Louis said, as he laid a hand on Anna's shoulder. “Anna is brutal!”

“By the way, there isn't a place to practice? I mean I know we're vampires, but a little extra exercise couldn't hurt,” said Anna, removing Louis' arm.

“There's the old gym at school. That's where I keep most of my weapons too,” Danny smiled.

“Last question. Can Louis and I trust you?” Anna asked, her expression completely serious now. 

 

“Anna!” Louis whispered.

“Think about it, Louis. Why should we trust a man who not only left his family, but who is also under a strong sire bond with the vampire that we're trying to kill? Plus by having us in his own home and his classroom, he'll be able to monitor whatever we do and report whatever he'd like to Niklaus.” Anna never left Danny's eyes as she spoke.

“Anna-” Louis said as he rubbed her shoulder.

“It's fine, Louis." Danny started as he sait down next to Anna. "Anna, I left because I wanted to get away from Niklaus, and because I didn't want my bond with him to affect you or mom. I was scared that Nik was going to try to get me to hurt you; he made me do it once with Gabriel, and I never wanted to lose myself again because of Nik. I left to protect you, and I want to keep protecting you. I had no idea that Nik was still harassing you; I figured that if I left-”

 

“That he wouldn't have a reason to harm me,” Anna finished for him. “I get it now. Thank you, Danny.”

“So will you listen to me now?” Danny smiled.

“Sure,” Anna winked. “So where can we hide the stake?”

“I have a vault behind one of the paintings. It's the perfect hiding place and its vampire proof.”

“Very classy. And even if someone tries to look for the stake in the apartment, he still won't be able to get to it without the code,” agreed Anna.

 

“Exactly. Now you two are probably exhausted; the both of you should rest before school tomorrow.”

“I really wanted to watch the third Twilight movie!” argued Louis.

“The vampires in that series are so inaccurate. I mean you don't see me sparkling when I'm walking down the street, and neither of us can barely walk out in the sunlight without osier or vervain,” said Anna. “Danny, just let him watch. I'll be fine sleeping here.”

“Are you sure? I mean you know that you have your own-” But before Danny could finish talking, Anna already fell asleep on the couch, curiling up like a cat.

“She's been really tired lately. She even knocked out ever since we left the States,” said Louis. “Anna has always been fighting and rarely has time to be...normal. I think she misses that the most.”

“That's also why I wanted the both of you in my class. To try to make you both feel as normal and that you're not missing out on important experiences,” said Danny. “Even though she's only been a vampire for a year, she's grown a lot.”

 

“She had to. We had to,” said Louis, as he brought over a blanket for Anna.

“You care about her a lot don't you?” Danny asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I've seen the way you look at her, and thank you for watching after her for me.”

“She was always the one who looked after me, and I have no idea what you're talking about!” blushed Louis, who continued to watch his movie. Danny smiled, folded his arms, and went to his room.