The Manuscripts

Boys over Blood

 

Anna was using Danny's laptop again, when Danny suddenly called out her name.

“Anna, can you come help me correct these?” he asked loudly.

“Uhh, sure,” she said as she got up with his laptop to sit at his desk.

“Here,” he said as he gave her something, only it wasn't a stack of papers. It was a binder filled with old manuscripts that are still intact underneath their plastic covers.

 

“Where did you get these?” Anna asked excitingly as she looked through the binder. “These are amazing!”

“I brought them with me when I first left. Rebekah gave them to me,” he answered.

“Why would she give this to you?” Anna asked. She was confused; there was no way that Danny and Rebekah were even on speaking terms with each other. Rebekah is Niklaus sister, and her loyalty to him is undeniable.

“She gave them to me because I asked her to.”

 

“Why? And she listened to you? I mean I didn't even know that you guys were-” Anna stopped. While she was flipping through, she found a drawing of a man and of what seems to be a lycan standing side by side. Underneath it was a drawing of another man, and yet his physical features were similar to both of the drawings above. “Do you know what this is?” Danny looked over the binder.

“Not really, my latin is a bit off,” he laughed.

“They're instructions. So this is how Niklaus is making the hybrids,” she said as her face grew tense with anxiety. “And I've seen this before.”

“You have? Where?” Danny asked as Anna sat back in her chair to remember how she saw it.

 

“ It was when Zayne and I first got engaged. I was looking for him one day in the library, but I didn't find him,... I found Nik instead. I remember how angry he looked when he was sitting down at one the tables. I was about to go ask him if he saw Zayne anywhere, but he got up too soon for me to ask,” Anna said. “I also looking for a book, and I found it on a shelf of a bookcase that was behind Nik's table. When I went to go get it... I found these manuscripts across his table. And the very first one on top was this drawing. I didn't have the chance to read it because then he came back.”

“I asked Rebekah to get me some manuscripts on vampiric transformations and medicinal herbs, but all the ones she gave me are in latin so they didn't help me at all.”

 

“Why would she give these to you? I thought you two weren't friends,” Anna asked, still confused.

“That's because... we briefly dated,” he coughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“You went out with an Original?!” Anna whispered. “Did Niklaus know?”

“We kept it a secret. Don't worry, the reason why he changed me had nothing to do with my relationship with Rebekah,” he said.

“This is still shocking. I mean, who knew you and Rebekah!” Anna smiled.

“I broke up with her before I left though,” he sighed. “She's probably still pissed at me.”

“Maybe you both can date again one day,” Anna smiled. “But why would she give the rest of these?”

“She probably thought they were relevant to the ones that I wanted.”

 

“Good thing too. These can be really handy," Anna said, still flipping through the manuscripts.

“What are you going to do with them now?”

“I'll try to decipher these and go through them, but it's been a while since I've used any Latin.”

“Better than me,” Danny said.