Going into Hiding...Again

Boys over Blood

 

*Danny's Apartment

 

“Are you sure that it wasn't Nik or Zayne that called you?” Rebekah asked Anna as she paced around the living room, staring at the unknown company number. “I'm sure that I don't recognize this number.”

 

“I couldn't tell,” Anna drank from another glass. “Whoever it was, disguised their voice, but I remember detecting an accent.”

“A british accent?” Donhae asked, who finally handed Anna the manuscripts.

“No, it sounded like something else. Thanks for finishing these,” Anna smiled, still avoiding Donghae's eyes, no matter how bad she was at trying to hide it.

“It's no problem,” Donghae replied. Soon, he took the hybrid manuscript from the binder and sat down next to Anna. “If you take a look at this, there seems to be a crucial ingredient that Nik may still need.”

 

Anna looked at the manuscript and noticed the Latin word that meant sacrifice and another that meant blood er.

“He needs to sacrifice an original vampire?” Anna asked, as she kept looking at the manuscripts. “Then how is he able to make hybrids? I mean Zayne is still alive.”

 

“He is making hybrids, but apparently they easily die and don't last long,” said Donghae; he then pointed towards another paragraph. “He's using Zayne's blood to fuse the blood between a vampire and a Lycan, but this process is also a spell...he needs the actual sacrifice of an original vampire to complete it.”

Louis then got up and started to pace around the room.

 

“Does that mean that Zayne has to die?” Anna whispered. The reality of Nik actually trying to kill off Zayne seemed surreal.

“Not exactly,” Louis interrupted. “It wouldn't make sense for Zayne to die when Niklaus still needs his blood. This spell is calling for two original vampires.”

“Would he sacrifice himself for it?” Danny asked.

 

“No,” Rebekah answered. “Nik is too power- hungry and selfish to even risk his life for a strong spell like this. Plus he'd rather watch his vision come true anyways.”

While Anna, Donghae, and Louis were still contemplating over the manuscript. Danny came and handed Anna and Louis a slip of paper each.

“I'm sending the both of you to Jeju Island for a couple of weeks,” Danny said, as he folded his arms.

 

Before Anna could argue back, Danny continued speaking.

“It's only for a couple of weeks. While you are there, Rebekah and I will find out who called you. It seems pretty obvious that whoever it is, is already in Seoul. And I need to know that you two are safe.”

 

“Why can't I go?” Donghae asked as he looked at Louis.

“You're company may have connections that can help us find the person,” answered Rebekah.

“Plus it would look weird if you were absent for a long period of time,” Anna smiled.

“No, it wouldn't,” said Donghae as he tried to hold her hand, but Louis squeezed in between them.

 

“Don't worry,” Louis said to Donghae. “I'll take real good care of Anna. Well, I've always have anyway.”

“Hey,” Anna nudged, but Donghae looked ready to tear Louis' lips off. Soon, the door bell rang and everybody jumped.

“I'll get it,” said Anna. When she opened the door, Lee Joon was standing outside with a big grin on his face.

 

“Annyeong,” he smiled. Anna smiled and had let Lee Joon come into the apartment.

“Why isn't it the pretty fellow again?” Rebekah waved at him.

“Yah, Lee Joon-ah!” Danny said. “Why do you keep coming here?” Are you guys dating or something?” But then he soon caught what he asked and silently apologized to Donghae. Both Donghae and Louis stood up to glare at Lee Joon.

 

“Why do you keep coming here?” Louis asked irritatingly.

Lee Joon ignored him and handed Anna a black leather jacket.

“You forgot this at lunch today,” he said shyly.

“Thanks,” Anna smiled.

“Is everything okay? Did that guy earlier today hurt you?” asked Lee Joon and then he finally noticed Donghae, who was still glaring at him. “You! You were the one who stole Anna today!”

 

“I didn't steal her,” replied Donghae. “Yah, you shouldn't talk to your Sunbae like that.”

“What is he doing here?” Lee Joon turned to Anna. “...and Louis too?”

“We're all just friends here, okay?” Anna quickly said. “I'm sorry again, Lee Joon-ssi, but something important just came up. Thanks for bringing my jacket.”

“Oh, okay,” he said, looking a bit disappointed. “But can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure?” said Anna, she felt really bad that she had to send Lee Joon out again like this.

“I really liked hanging out with you last time. Do you think we can do it again?” he asked.

“Umm... sure, we can hang out again,” said Anna. She was so glad that Lee Joon didn't use the word 'date' in front of Donghae and Louis right now- that would have just made it worse.

“Yay!” Lee Joon said. “Bye, Anna.”

“Bye,” she smiled and blushed as she closed the door. She turned around and almost jumped from seeing Donghae and Louis in front of her.

 

“Are you dating him?” Louis asked.

“No,” Anna said simply. “How do I have time to date anyone when someone is trying to kill the both of us?”

“I don't want you hanging out with him again,” said Donghae.

“What?” Anna yelled. “Don't be stupid. He's perfectly harmless. He's not even a vampire.”

“Exactly,” Donghae said as he stepped closer to Anna. “He's human. You're a vampire. Plus you'd only be getting him into trouble by getting involved with you. It's better to just cut him off now.”

 

“You're just jealous because he likes me,” Anna argued.

“Why would I be jealous?” Donghae argued back. “Do you actually even think that I like you?”

 

Anna blushed and looked sideways away from him now. For a while there, Anna actually believed that Donghae liked her. Now it just feels like she got rejected even though she never admitted that she sometimes thought of him more than just an ally.

 

“I'm going to sleep,” Anna finally said as she quickly walked to her room without looking at anyone. She locked the door behind her and sat at the edge of her bed, clutching the ends of the blanket that touched the floor.

 

Why does she even care about what Donghae said to her? I mean sure it always hurts when someone says that they don't want you, but for Anna there was also Lee Joon...and maybe even Louis. Plus after her relationship with Zayne, Anna decided to hold off on relationships and dating for a while.

Before getting up, Anna's phone vibrated, and when she unlocked the phone, there was a text message from the same unknown number.

 

Meet me at 2 at the gazebo in the park that's a couple of streets away from you're high school. This may be your only chance.

 

“Good,” smirked Anna. Whoever sent the text was right, this was her only chance at killing him and keeping Nik or Zayne from finding her and Louis. Plus she felt like spilling some blood tonight.