The Reunion

Boys over Blood

 

“Rebekah,” Anna said as she straightened herself up. “Zayne and I no longer have any business together. And you know you took more than your necessary amount of blood yesterday. It's funny. I've never heard of an Original feeding on random humans on the street anymore.” Anna walked up to Rebekah with a spray bottle in her hand. “You must have been really hungry.”

 

“I could still use another drink,” Rebekah smiled. “You've changed a lot since I last saw you. You've caused quite a bit of trouble back at the company. Nik is furious you know. He's out for blood regardless of what our Prince wants.”

 

“You've caused some trouble too. I heard that you left London unannounced and in a hurry,” said Anna. “So why the hell are you in Korea?”

 

“Don't worry. I'm not here for you or your friend. I came here for something more personal," she said tiredly.

“I don't know, Rebekah. Seems too much of a coincidence to me. Why doesn't Nik know you're here?” Anna still pressed on; it didn't make sense hwo Rebekah has now shown up at the one place that Anna thought was safe from Nik.

“I don't listen to my brother anymore. He's the reason why I haven't gotten here even sooner. But don't worry, he has no idea that I'm here. And … absolutely no idea that you are. Why are you here, Anna?" she asked, now realizing just how weird the situation was.

“Hiding from Nik and Zayne of course," Anna said cleaning the blood off the tip of the wine glass.

“I know that, but how did YOU end up in Korea? This is too much of a coincidence," Rebekah seemed to say to herself. 

“That's what I'm trying to figure out.”

“Well...since you know that I'm not trying to kill you, can you take these ridiculous chains off of me?” Rebekah asked as she looked at the chains that were restricting her.

“Soory, but you might still try to kill me. Not that I can't handle you anyway, but I don't even have the key. Louis does," Anna said as she washed the glass in the kitchen sink.

 

“Damn, my head hurts,” Rebekah said as she lolled her head to one side. “Oh right, wasn't there another man with you last night?”

“Yeah,” said Anna as she was putting the laptop away. “You really took a lot out of him too.”

“So there are vampires here. His blood was delicious especially. Is he your boyfriend?” 

“N-no, he isn't," Anna blushed.

“Oh, then I guess you are dating Louis. Zayne has always thought that you and Louis ran away together to get married instead or … some nonsense," Rebekah laughed to herself.

 

“I'm not dating Louis either," Anna simply answered. 

“Honestly, love. I don't understand you. You're surrounded by a number of boys who fancy you, and yet you choose not to have a little fun with either of them. Such a waste, don't you think?” said Rebekah, who looked at Anna, dumbfounded. “At least you're able to be with someone who loves you.” Rebekah sighed and sank back down ino the wooden chair.

 

Before Anna could answer, her phone was ringing.

“Hey,” said Anna as she walked away from Rebekah. “She's awake. How soon can you get here?”

“I'm coming now. Don't worry, I have someone else to handle the rest of my class today,” said Danny as he was turning on the engine. “I had a feeling she'd be up already.”

“Give the phone to Louis. I need to talk to him," Anna said, impatiently.

“Louis isn't exactly available right now... he's with Donghae."

“Umm...Ok,” said Anna, completely confused. “So where are they then?”

“They're still in school... damn it. Anna...” said Danny as he was hesitating on the other line.

“What happened?” asked Anna feeling more alert now.

“Donghae collapsed with a fever during class about a couple of hours ago," Danny admitted after some time. 

“What? But he was fine yesterday! Oh my...” said Anna before she started to remember something.

“Wait, I need you to bring Louis and Donghae with you. Right now.”

 

“I can't I'm already close to the apartment,” said Danny.

“Then call Louis to bring Donghae here at any cost. It's life or death,” answered Anna before she hanged up.

 

“Wh-who was that one the phone just now?” asked Rebekah who sat up straighter now.

“It was just-” But before Anna could finish her sentence, someone had already rung the door bell.

 

“I just called Louis. He's bringing him now...” said Danny as he stepped through the door.

“Rebekah...”

 

“Hello, Danny,” said Rebekah as if the words were literally taking her breath away. “It's been so long.”