Dinner with Donghae

Boys over Blood

 

*After school

 

“What were you and Danny talking about earlier?” asked Louis as he went into the kitchen.

“Look,” Anna said as she showed him the binder. “It's full of manuscripts! And there's one on hybrid creation.”

“Whoah,” smiled Louis. “There's even some medical ones too. Do you think these will help?”

“I don't know yet,” Anna said. “I was thinking that they could help us with our plan, but we don't even have one yet. We have to think of something while we're still here.”

 

“Anna, don't worry. Nik has no idea that we're here,” said as he squeezed her hand.

“Not yet,” but before Anna could say anything else, her new cell phone rang in her pocket.

 

“Hey, Danny. Are you done with errands yet?” Anna asked, but suddenly the door bell rang. Anna got up to go open the door, when Danny stood just behind it.

“Yes, we are,” he laughed.

“Uhh, we?” Anna asked, and as soon as Danny walked in, Donghae followed him into the apartment.

“Donghae-ssi” Anna smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Danny invited me over for dinner. I hope you don't mind,” he replied.

“Well, its not my apartment anyways.”

 

“Hey,” Louis said as he took out a hand. “Donghae, right?”

“Hello,” Donghae said as he shook it. “You must be Louis.”

“Yup,” said Louis as he wrapped an arm over Anna's shoulder. “Let's go work on those manuscripts.”

“Uhh, yeah. Okay,” she answered. Anna and Louis took the binder and laid the manuscripts out in the living room. “Danny, do you need any help?”

“Yeah, Louis! Come help me,” Danny answered.

“Aww, why me?” Louis asked as he glared at Donghae.

“Because I said so!”

 

After Louis left, Donghae sat down on the couch next to Anna.

“So what are these?” Donghae finally asked after some time.

“They're manuscripts. I'm hoping that there is something useful in some of them.”

“Oh, really? I didn't know you knew Latin.” Anna looked up at Donghae.

“And I didn't know that you're able to recognize any Latin writing, but to be honest, there really isn't much that I know about you besides your name.”

Donghae laughed: “You're right. You don't know anything about me. And yet, I'm dying to know you.” He sat even closer to Anna, who felt strangely uncomfortable. “I'll tell you about me if you talk about you.”

 

“Fine. Tell me, how does Danny know you? You seem pretty young to be hanging around a vampire like him,” she said nonchalantly.

“I've known Danny only for a short time while I was still in the States working for Niklaus. After I received a call from SM Entertainment saying that they wanted me to become a trainee for Super Junior. I planned to leave soon after; I wanted to get away from Nik that badly. If it wasn't for Danny, I probably wouldn't be here today,” he answered slowly.

 

“You were working at Zayne's company? And you were in the States with us?” Anna asked, completely flabbergasted. “No way.”

“Yes, I've been to the company several times, but only on Nik's behalf. I only worked for him, so I never had the chance of working or meeting you or Prince Zayne. Nik turned me months before ever coming to the company, and I had no way out. Danny was the only friend I had, even though he was a human. But because he was with me so much that Nik grew fond of him. I'm still mad that after I left, Nik had turned him into a vampire.”

 

“You should have seen what I did to him after I came to Korea,” Danny laughed. “I was so pissed that he never told me that he was a vampire, but I stopped because he was the one that helped me get here.”

“You mean because of him... that you left us? Without any warning?” Anna forced out.

“Anna...” Donghae said. “I'm really sorry. I know how angry you were at Danny for leaving.”

 

“It's okay," Anna answered.  "Besides, I can't even imagine how Niklaus must have tortured you two.”

“Wait a minute. If you were already a vampire when you two met, then doesn't that make Donghae older than you?” Louis asked Danny.

“Sort of,” he laughed. “But I still look older! C'mon, its time to eat.”

“Yes, hyung!” Donghae yelled, while Louis and Anna both laughed.