Vampires don't belong in High School

Boys over Blood

 

“Anna,” whispered a familiar voice. Anna's eyes soon shot up, and jumped out of her seat with her nails still clenched to the arm of the chair.

“Whoah! Anna, it's okay!” said Louis. “I was just waking you up.”

“I thought you were in trouble,” relaxed Anna. “How long was I asleep?”

“Since we got on the plane,” smiled Louis. “We're in Korea now.”

“Already? Louis, you should have woken me up earlier. I shouldn't have slept for that long.”

“It's fine. You needed it anyways. I already have your bag, so let's go,” said Louis, holding out a hand for hers.

 

“Thanks,” said Anna, holding his hand. They both got past the terminals, but before passing by the gate, there were 5 boys standing around taking pictures and signing autographs for many girls that gathered around them.

“How are we gonna-” started Anna, but soon she was surrounded by flashes by cameras. Soon Louis gave her a pair of sunglasses to wear, which barely helped her at all.

“Unnie!” yelled a few people, but Anna was confused. Did these fans actually think that she was famous?

“I'm not-” she started to say, but then soon Louis pulled her out of the crowd, and they both ran away until they stopped behind the wall of a cafe.

 

“Wow, I guess they thought you were a celebrity,” smiled Louis.

“But I don't even look like one,” frowned Anna.

“Yeah, you do.”

Anna looked down at her outfit; she was wearing a pair of jeans, black booties, a dark blue tank top, and her leather jacket.

“No, I don't. I look normal.”

“Yeah, but you're a vampire, remember? Vampire girls are gorgeous," Louis teased.

“That's just a stereotype,” Anna argued. Soon she found a young man holding up a sign that said “Anna and Louis” in bold English letters. “Wow, that's convenient.”

 

“Danny must have sent us a ride,” Louis said.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” bowed the driver. Anna and Louis also bowed to him before being led to the driver's taxi car. As they were driving through Korea, Louis couldn't help but look out the window to comment on everything that he saw.

“Louis, we came to Korea to focus, remember? We're not here as tourists,” said Anna as she looked through the map on her phone.

“We might as well be. This is like our vacation!”

“We can't relax until we hide the stake first, and we should do it ASAP while Nik and Zayne are in London.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Louis frowned. “Its just that its so cool! I can't wait to go to a Super Junior or an MBLAQ concert!”

“You listen to Kpop? Since when?” Anna asked.

“They played a bunch of Korean songs on the plane that sounded nice, so I looked them up on the internet. I had a lot of time, while you were knocked out.”

 

Anna and Louis both arrived at a campus which was supposedly only a high school. The buildings were made of brick, and there was a pond and a bridge in the middle of the campus. The place was gigantic.

“Are we even in the right place?” Louis asked.

“Excuse me, are we at Shinhwa high school?” Anna asked. The driver only looked at her in confusion.

“SHINHWA?”

“Aaahh, ah yes!,” the driver smiled.

“Kansahmnida,” Anna replied. “I guess this is the place.”

“Wait, how do we pay him?” Louis asked. Anna pulled out a false credit card, but the driver waved his arms around while refusing to take it.

“N-no problem! Already pay,” he laughed.

“Huh?” Louis asked.

“Ohh! Danny must have payed already,” Anna said before getting out of the car.

 

Louis and Anna were soon standing in front of the high school's enormous gates. Anna couldn't even tell which direction to take on first.

“This place sure is fancy. How are we going to find your brother?” Louis asked.

“He texted me the room number when I texted him after waking up. Let's just go find it quick," she said as she walked straight ahead.

“Okay,” Louis said, carrying both of their suitcases. After about 30 minutes of walking around the campus and going through different hallways and buildings, Louis wanted to give up.

“Anna, this is campus is too huge. Let's just stop and wait til the school is finished," Louis gasped as he sat on their suitcases.

“That could be hours. It's only 9 in the morning too," argued Anna, catching herself by holding onto her kneecaps. 

“But wouldn't we be interrupting his class anyways?”

“If we were, he wouldn't have given us a ride to the campus. Now, come on. We haven't tried that building yet,” said Anna, who was pointing at a building that seemed bigger than the rest.

“Fine,” grumbled Louis. They both walked through the outside hallway, until Anna almost walked passed a classroom where she found Danny sitting on his desk with a book in his hand.

 

“Hey! Do you even know how long it took us to-” Anna started to yell while she walked into the classroom. She soon stopped when she realized that Danny really did have a class going on right now. There were guys and girls dressed in similar uniforms, who either stared blankly or in shock at Anna.

“Well, its about time that we- ohhhh,” said an embarrassed Louis. “Whoops.”

“Anna,” Danny smiled. “And this must be Louis. It's nice to finally meet you.”

“You too,” Louis smiled. “Sorry, we figured that you didn't have a class right now.”

“Oh, I do,” said Danny. “And you're both also in it.”

“What?”Anna asked. “What are you talking about?”

“I thought that it would be a lot easier for me to watch you two from Niklaus if you were both in my class.”

“How did you know that Niklaus was following us?” Louis asked.

“Seemed obvious,” Danny replied. “But for now, you two can take a-”

“We're not going to sit down,”Anna said as if it were plain as day.

 

“Anna-”

“No. We didn't come here to be babysat or to be on friendly terms with you. We're here on important business, and our plans don't include being in your class or being one of your students," Anna argued as she gripped Danny's desk.

“I know that, but you're here to keep it on the down low, right? What better way than to be a regular high school student?”

“Because its impossible right now. There's a lot more than you know.”

“Which we can discuss later, now please take a seat. The both of you; lunch is in about 15 minutes, so I'm positive that you can wait that long,” Danny smiled. Anna tried very hard to resist digging her nails underneath her brother's skin, but Louis reminded her that there were still people in the room, so he pulled her away to two seats in the middle of the classroom. As Anna passed by the students, many of the girls and guys were suddenly whispering to each other, but Anna ignored them by pulling out her headphones and her macbook. She pulled a middle finger in the air to Danny before plugging her headphones in.