Escaping to Korea

Boys over Blood

 

Anna and Louis quickly checked out of the hotel and rode in a taxi to the airport.

 

“Hey, I got the tickets. The flight leaves in a couple of hours so let's go eat something at the cafe,” suggested Louis.

“Alright,” agreed Anna. “But it's not like the food here will satisfy us.”

They both sat at a table near the large window that showed one of the airplanes. It was pitch black outside, and yet there were so many people leaving to go who knows where.

 

“Anna?”

“Hmm?” replied Anna, who was occupied with some thoughts.

“We've been friends for so long. How could I not know that you had a brother? I feel like a terrible best friend," said Louis as he slumped his shoulders.

“Don't,” smiled Anna. “You're wonderful. When Danny was still living with me and mom, he was always out, so its no wonder you've never met him. And I hated to talk about him. I guess even back then it was like he was never there, so when he left, it didn't make much of a difference. But I was still pissed. I still am.”

“ Anna, does he know that you're-” he asked, wide-eyed. 

“He knows. In fact, he's a vampire too.” Louis sank into his seat and stood silent for a few minutes.

“Did he turn you?” Louis finally spoke.

“No. It was Zayne; a long time ago after Danny left. Just after Nik turned you, remember?”

“Yeah, but how is Danny a vampire?”

“Niklaus turned him too. Just like you, only it was harder for him because he was under a sire bond. He turned him a year before we became vampires, which made him even more alone than you and I were. And I think that's why he left. To get away from Niklaus and to learn how to control himself.” Anna remembered how much Danny hated listening to Nik and how much he couldn't control himself whenever Nik made him kill someone for him.

 

“Then why are you still mad at him?”

Anna took a sip from her coffee cup, She ignored how bitter the taste was. “Because right after he left, mom got sick, and you know what happened next. I couldn't do anything for her anymore.” Anna gripped the cup, but stopped before she could break it's styrofoam texture.

“Hey,” Louis whispered fiercely as he gripped Anna's hand. “What happened was nobody's fault. Not Danny's and especially not yours.”

“Thanks,” Anna managed to smile. Suddenly, Louis' phone was vibrating. Some unknown number was calling.

 

“Don't pick it up,” said Anna, on alert now. 

“It's Zayne," Louis said guiltly as he bit his lip. 

“How do you know?”

“He called a couple of weeks ago while we were in Chicago. He kept asking for you, but I only spoke with him for a few minutes," he admitted.

“Damn it, Louis. You should have told me! Or at least blocked the number. Why would he be even calling you?!” yelled Anna.

“Calm down. The last time I talked to him, he said that Niklaus had no idea that he was calling me. He really wanted to talk to you,” said Louis.

 

“He really wants to find me is more like it. Louis, he could have traced the call. Maybe that was even how Niklaus managed to find us in Chicago. Give it to me,” said Anna, holding out her hand. Louis handed her the prepaid phone, and Anna threw it in the garbage can that was a couple of tables away from theirs.

“Great. Now we don't have a phone,” complained Louis.

“We can get one once we're in-” But before Anna could finish, she quickly wore her sunglasses and pulled out a small vile from her maroon- colored bag.

“Anna?” asked Louis.

“Shhh!” Anna whispered. “Take some of the vervain. We have to go; I think I see one Zayne's bodyguards!”

“What?” panicked Louis.

 

Luckily, it was really close to their departure time, so Anna and Louis hid behind a wall separating the women and and men restrooms.

“Anna, where did you get the vervain?” asked Louis, still looking out for Zayne's men.

“Don't worry; its just to keep us hidden for now. We have to get on that flight without them noticing, otherwise, there would be no point in trying to get out of the country.”

“Okay. I don't think I see them anymore, and I can't smell them either,” said Louis.

“Let's hurry,” said Anna as she started to leave, but Louis held onto her shoulder.

“Wait.”

“What?” asked Anna, and then she saw him. It was Zayne, who stopped to catch his breath after running. Soon Zayne's right hand man, Thomas, helped Zayne to stand back up.

 

“She's here, Thomas. I smelled her. She has to be here,” said Zayne, who looked as if he was about to cry. He wore a black jeans, a dark grey v-neck sweater under a white jacket. 

“I didn't even smell her, my prince. We have to hurry and get on that flight to London now. Niklaus already left on the last plane, so we must catch up with him.”

“You know how much I need to find her,” argued Zayne. “I can't stand how she keeps running away from me and with Louis for goodness sakes!”

“Come along,” said Thomas, as he pulled Zayne away. As soon as they left, Anna and Louis ran in the opposite direction from where Zayne was heading off. Luckily, they managed to get on the flight without being seen.

 

Anna and Louis quickly got to seats.

“Oh my gosh,” said Louis.

“I know,” sighed Anna. “Well, at least we know that they're going to London for now. We don't have to worry where they'll be while we're in Korea.”

“Yeah, but for who knows how long?” Soon Anna heard her phone vibrate form her pocket.

“You still have your phone, but you threw away mine?” asked an irritated Louis.

“Hey, this is a prepaid phone remember?” said Anna before answering the call. It was Danny again.

 

“Hey, Danny. We just got on the flight, we'll probably be in Korea by the next morning,” said Anna.

“Oh okay, but I don't think I'll be able to meet you at the airport by the time you both come.”

“Why not?”

“I'm still teaching my class that's why.”

“Danny, you're a teacher?” asked Anna, completely shocked. “What kind of a teacher?”

“A high school teacher?” he sounded confused. “Is there a problem?”

“Well, yeah there is. How is it even safe for a vampire to be teaching a class filled with a bunch of human teenagers? You might get out of control,” Anna whispered harshly into the other end.

“Trust me. I can control it now, Anna. Anyways, you and your friend will have to ride a taxi to the school that I'm working at once you both land.”

“Fine.”

“Anna. It's really okay," he reassured her.

 

“Whatever. But why at your school? We can just go straight to your place.”

“There's some things we need to talk about as soon as possible once you both arrive.”

“I guess that would be a lot safer than wasting time. There's some things we need to discuss too.”

“Okay, I will see you later, and Anna, please be safe.”

“Yeah. Bye,” said Anna, who quickly hanged up.

 

“Hey, what happened?” asked Louis.

“It was Danny. He can't meet us at the airport, so we're meeting him at some school he works at.”

“Oh okay,”said Louis. “Its kind of ironic how he's a teacher.”

“Exactly,” said Anna. “We should probably get some sleep now.”

“But we don't sleep,” laughed Louis.

“Yeah, but that doesn't mean that it would hurt to get some rest. I mean seriously when was the last time that we actually sat without feeling on edge?”

Louis didn't respond. He knew that it had actually been months since they were both running from Niklaus and Zayne. Anna leaned back into her seat and finally closed her eyes.