Compulsion

Boys over Blood

 

Anna still wasn't able to respond; she was still surprised that Lee Joon was around to see what was going on. Donghae was right, she could seriously get Lee Joon into trouble especially after what he saw. She had to make him forget everything.

 

“Well?” Lee Joon said, still waiting. “Why aren't you afraid of him?” Clearly, referring to Donghae, who was now just getting up. “He's...some sort of monster.”

 

Donghae stood up and wiped some blood away from his lips, before standing next to Anna.

“You... didn't see anything,” Anna finally said as she held Lee Joon's attention, trying to compel him. “Everything you've seen here... you will forget. So just go home and sleep it off.” For some reason, Anna held her breath while she was compelling him, she didn't want to, but she knew that this was for the best. If Lee Joon knew what she really was, he'd be in so much danger. Anna pulled her hand away, while Lee Joon was standing still, staring blankly at her.

 

“I'm sorry,” Anna whispered before turning away from Lee Joon.

“I'm not stupid,” said a voice behind Anna. She turned and saw Lee Joon who wasn't in a trance-like state anymore. “That wasn't the answer I wanted, Anna”

 

“What?” Anna said. What's going on? Lee Joon was supposed head straight home already.

“Why won't you tell me what's going on? This is a serious crime! No one should be biting anybody out in public like that, and you're just going to stand here like nothing happened?” Lee Joon yelled at Anna, who was still shocked. “Anna, what the hell is-”

 

Before Lee Joon could finish, Donghae came up behind him to hit him hard in the back of the head. Lee Joon was knocked out in a split second while falling hard on the wooden floor.

 

“Geez, can't you boys play nicely?” Anna shook her head. “Really? All of this fighting in one night? Donghae-ssi. You didn't have to knock him out.”

“I wouldn't have to if your compulsion actually worked,” Donghae said as he checked Lee Joon's breathing. “What happened?”

“I don't know why it didn't work,” Anna panicked. “He should have walked home and forgot everything.”

 

“I've never seen this happen before,” Donghae said as he scratched his head. “But we can't stay here anymore, Anna. We have to go.” Donghae pulled Anna away from the gazebo, but Anna pulled away.

 

“We can't just leave him here!” Anna argued.

“But we can't stay here and take the risk that someone else might see us!” Donghae replied. He walked over to Lee Joon again to pull out his phone out of his pocket. “There. I just texted Seungho asking for a ride. Hopefully, this guy doesn't remember anything when he wakes up.”

 

Donghae pulled Anna away again, and Anna took one last look at Lee Joon before running away from the park.