Who are you?

Boys over Blood

 

Anna waited until 1:30 before taking some vervain and unlocking her door. She heard Danny snore while she quietly walked through the apartment to the front door. Both Donghae and Louis were sleeping on the couches in the living room. Anna took her black jacket off the counter before closing the door behind her.

 

After getting out of the apartment, Anna quickly raced over to her school to try to find where the park was. The text message was right; the park was big enough to be spotted from the front gates. Anna could also see a gazebo where its faerie lights were still on, but no one was there yet. Anna pulled out her phone; luckily, no one had noticed that she went out again.

 

“1:47,” she muttered. “Maybe I can see who it is before they see me.”

Anna pulled over her hood and walked over to hide behind a tree that was directly behind the gazebo.

 

“This guy better be alone,” Anna thought as she felt ready to pounce on whoever walked into the gazebo at 2. “I wonder who it is though.” Its possible that it could be Zayne or Niklaus, but if it was Nik he wouldn't have let Anna know that he was here by simple phone calls and texts. It wasn't his style. Usually, he'd just send his hybrids to do his dirty work. Which just leaves Zayne; it was a high possibility. If it really was him, it would make sense that he'd want to try to talk and work things out with Anna.

 

Anna suddenly felt nervous when she thought of the possibility of seeing Zayne like this again. It's been so long since they last encountered each other; Anna already knew that this wasn't going to go good at all. Anna looked at her phone again as she stood against the cool surface of the tree.

“1:58,” Anna thought as she took a peek behind her. “Where is this guy?”

 

Suddenly, Anna noticed a figure walk into the gazebo. He was wearing black pants and a brown leather jacket with a hood on.

“Zayne?” she thought as she heard her chest beating loudly. Anna felt extremely nervous; from the back, it looked like Zayne. Soon, Anna could see a flash of the person's hair, and immediately recognized him. Anna came from behind the tree and climbed up the back of the gazebo before landing directly behind him.

 

“It's you?” Anna said in disbelief. Soon, he took off his hood, revealing a head of light blonde hair.

“Yup,” he said as he smiled at Anna. “Can't I get a hug, Anna?”

“What the hell are you doing here, Niall?” Anna asked. Niall was one of Zayne's best friends, and who almost died after giving Zayne too much blood. “How did you find out that I was here? How can you do this to me and Louis?” Niall may be close to Zayne, but he was also one of Louis' closest friends.

 

“You two are the exact reason why I'm here,” he replied, in his Irish accent. “Anna, I'm sire bonded to Zayne. Yes, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to help you.”

“What do you mean?” Anna asked. “Zayne doesn't know you're here?”

“He doesn't even know that you're here. At least not yet,” Niall tried to explain. “Can we sit down?”

 

Anna and Niall both sat down on a bench before Niall could further go on.

 

“Ever since Zayne thought that he sensed you at the airport, he exclusively asked me to check if you possibly went out of the country. It was hard narrowing down which countries to look into, and I've checked many, but then I remembered something in your file. When I went to check, under your family information, there was a slight mention of your brother Danny. I looked him up and found out that he went to Korea. You were smart to follow him here. Almost nobody knew that Danny was you're brother.”

 

“Yeah, until now,” Anna sighed. “You're still going to tell him, aren't you?”

“If I had the choice, of course I wouldn't,” Niall said. “That's why I came to warn you and Louis. You both need to get out of Seoul. At least for a little bit, just until Zayne no longer thinks that you both are here anymore.”

“Louis and I were planning on going to an island close by, but if Zayne tells Nik about the chance of us being here-” Anna started.

“Zayne is keeping this from Nik for now,” said Niall. “He doesn't want to see you killed either.”

 

Anna thought about how Zayne must be really desperate to find her, and then she remembered something that she could ask Niall.

“Niall, are there any other originals that Niklaus is aware of?” asked Anna.

“The only originals I know are Zayne, Nik, and his brothers and sisters. By the way, how is Rebekah?” he smiled.

“Wow, you're good,” Anna smiled. “Are you sure? There has to be another original that we don't know...”

 

“Anna, what is it?” he asked. Soon, Anna started to tell Niall about the hybrid manuscript and the possibility of another vampire that Niklaus needs to complete the spell on the hybrids.

“Maybe there is another one,” Niall nodded his head. “Nik wouldn't sacrifice himself or his family for the sake of the hybrids. He isn't that morbid.”

“Then again, you never know,” Anna laughed. “So what are you going to tell Zayne?”

“He told me to tell him where you are,” Niall said. “And I'll do that, but I promise not to tell him that I'm double crossing.”

“Be careful,” said Anna. “I don't want you getting killed either.”

 

“I'll be fine,” Niall smiled as he stood up. All of a sudden, something fast came and managed to pin Niall against the edge of a gazebo.

“Donghae!” Anna yelled, but Donghae was too fast; he bit into Niall's neck and threw him across the floor.

“Stay away from her!” Donghae yelled at Niall, who was trying to get up.

 

“Stop!” Anna said as she held onto Donghae's chest, trying to calm him down. Then she went over to Niall to help him up. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I'm fine,” Niall said slowly. “He didn't bite in too deep.”

Donghae looked at Anna then at Niall.

“You know him, Anna?” Donghae asked.

“Yes, I do!” Anna yelled at him. “So stop trying to kill him for just one second. Geez, if you just stopped for a minute, you would have seen that he wasn't trying to hurt me.”

 

“I'm sorry-” Donghae said as he started to reach out for Anna.

“Don't,” Anna said. “Apologize to him.”

“It's fine,” Niall said shyly. “ Donghae-ssi, It's a pleasure to finally meet you.” Donghae only looked at him strangely before Niall continued to talk. “I've heard a lot about you when you were still in the company. You're work has been impeccable.”

 

“Don't idolize him,” Anna said. “He's not that great.”

“Anna, can we-” Donghae tried to say to her.

“Not now,” Anna said, giving him the cold shoulder. “Niall, let's go to Danny's place to get that bite disinfected.”

“Actually, this is great,” Niall said as he was looking at the bite with his iphone. “This might convince Zayne even more now that you're here, and that you tried to attack me. Plus I can't stay anyways.”

 

“Thank you,” was all that Anna could say. “Louis misses you.”

Niall smiled at Anna and Donghae before walking out of the gazebo. Anna soon realized that it was just her and Donghae; she started to walk out, but Donghae grabbed her wrist.

 

“Anna, wait,” Donghae said. Anna didn't want to hear what he wanted to say; she knew that he wanted to talk about what he said to her at the apartment. “I'm sorry that I said that.”

“Whatever,” Anna turned to him. “You were just being honest, right?”

“I am sorry,” Donghae said. “I didn't mean it.”

 

Before Anna could say anything, Lee Joon was coming up the gazebo and pulling Anna to his side.

“Lee Joon-ssi,” Anna said, completely shocked, but Lee Joon only punched Donghae so hard that he fell to the ground. Lee Joon looked at Donghae before slowly turning back to Anna.

 

“What is he?” Lee Joon asked Anna as he pointed to down at Donghae.

“What?” Anna asked as she heard her heartbeat through her ear drums.

“I'm serious. I saw you two with that other guy earlier,” Lee Joon said; Anna tried pulling her wrist away, but Lee Joon only brought her closer, forcing Anna to look up at him. “So what are you?”