Human For A Day

Boys over Blood

 

Anna walked down the streets of Seoul to find so many different cosmetic and clothing shops, but she stopped at a nearby cafe. She walked inside and sat at the farthest table in the back before pulling out her laptop. While ordering a caramel macchiato, Anna heard her phone ringtone go off. There were 5 missed calls from Louis and at least 7 from Danny. Anna turned off her phone and went straight to the internet. There was another article regarding Zayne, only it was one of those articles that one would usually find in trendy teen magazines that were about ideal types or girls a celebrity would date. As it turns out, Zayne has grown extremely popular around many girls lately ever since that last article showed a picture of him. Anna scrolled to read the article.

 

Interviewer: “So tell me, how does it feel to be one of the most youngest company owners in the entire world?”

Zayne: “To be honest, it's a real challenge, but lately with the help of my mentors and friends, I've been able to get the confidence to run the company the way my parents would have wanted me too.”

I: “And they would be so proud of you. You've been very popular lately too! There have been so many women crushing on you like you are a celebrity. Then again, you are handsome like one! Everyone is dying to know: what do you fancy in a girl?”

Zayne: “I love girls who are just comfortable with themselves and who aren't afraid to argue or speak out their own opinions.”

 

“Pshhh,” Anna thought to herself as she sipped her coffee.

 

I: “And what about her looks?”

Zayne: “When it comes to looks, I have nothing specific, but there are some girls who just stand out so much that its very attracting to me.”

I: “How so?”

Zayne: “Like... the way she smiles, or the way she stands on her own so confidently, or just the way she looks at me.”

I: “That sounds so adorable! You sound as if you're in love yourself right now. Are you??”

Zayne: *Blushes “... I am actually. I think about her everyday.”

 

“No way,” Anna said out loud, not caring that the couple near her heard her.

 

I: “Who's the lucky girl? How long have you been dating each other?”

Zayne: “Let's just say that she's someone that I've been in love with for the longest time now. And we did date for about 3 years, but then she broke up with me..”

I: “Oh no! So what happened?”

Zayne: “...She thought that I changed into someone else, but I'm not giving up on her. I'm willing to do as much as possible to find her and to prove that we still have a chance.”

I: So romantic! Hold on, she's missing??

Zayne: “She's avoiding me and I can't get a hold of her. She's been gone for months now, and I want to find her as soon as possible.”

I: “Well, maybe our readers can help you look for her. What's her name?”

Zayne: *Smiles “Her name is Anna, and I hope that I can find her soon.”

I: “What would you say to Anna if she was reading this interview right now?”

Zayne: “...Anna, darling, if you are reading this...I just want you to know that I'm still looking for you. I know that you don't want me to, but I can't get you out of my head...and...you know I still love you.”

 

Anna quickly closed her laptop and rested her fingers on the top. She didn't dare to read the rest of the interview.

 

“I can't,” she thought while she was still catching her breath. “I can't Zayne.” Anna placed her macbook back into her bag, but before she got up to leave, there was something in the interview that she remembered. Her name. Zayne used Anna's name. And by now, there must be people on the look out for the girl named Anna who's gotten Zayne totally smitten.

“Great,” she muttered as she stepped out of the cafe. All of a sudden, she felt her wrist grabbed by another person's hand. Anna looked up and saw Lee Joon, who looked angry at her.

 

“What happened to you?” he asked. “I heard that Louis and Danny have been trying to call you. I was so worried that something happened!”

“Sorry,” Anna blushed. “Don't worry, I'm fine.” Lee Joon grabbed Anna and hugged her to his chest.

“I've learned that whenever a girl says she's fine, she's really not,” he said. Anna pulled away and laughed.

“When did you get so bold? Whenever I talk to you, you would always get nervous,” she asked.

“Well, maybe it's because you make me so brave,” Lee Joon smiled. “And I know what will cheer you up.”

“Huh?” Anna asked, but before she knew it, Lee Joon took her hand and dragged her into all the shops to go shopping. Lee Joon first took her into Etude House, a popular Korean cosmetics boutique. Anna never had the time to go shopping for makeup before, but she always had a soft spot for really cute things. It was the one weakness that nobody knew, not even Louis.

 

“You like it in here?” Lee Joon smiled. “I thought that you would.”

“Really?” Anna asked while she looked through the cookie blushers and bb creams. “I don't usually wear make up like this.”

“I think you'd look really pretty.”

“What's wrong with the way I look now?” Anna asked.

“N-nothing! I didn't mean to... I think that you're pretty,” he panicked.

“I'm kidding,” she smiled. Lee Joon loved the way that you smiled at him; lately, Anna has been all that he could think about, especially during practices and at fan signings. He pulled out a lip gloss in front of Anna.

 

“How about this?” he asked, and he pulled out the apricot and strawberry blushes that Anna was looking at earlier too. “And these too?”

“They're really cute,” Anna said. “You shop here?”

“Only for the BB cream,” he admitted, but it was common; a lot of Korean stars nowadays wear BB cream.

“Maybe I should get some too,” Anna said, picking a bottle of BB cream. Lee Joon grabbed the BB cream out of her hand and went straight to the cashier. He pulled out a credit card and paid for everything, even the makeup that he picked out for Anna.

“Lee Joon-ssi!” Anna said. “I could have paid for it with my brother's card. You didn't have to.”

“I wanted to,” he smiled as he held the shopping bag. “I needed BB cream anyways.”

 

Anna and Lee Joon shopped through all of the shops on the street. There was even a Forever 21 store; it used to Anna's favorite store, but she always tried avoid shopping from there because she and Zayne used to. But before she could turn around, Lee Joon was already pulling her inside the store.

Anna looked through the clothes racks that had sales when Lee Joon suddenly came up behind her holding a white, frilly dress.

 

“What about this?” Lee Joon smiled. “I bet you'd look really pretty.”

“This isn't really my style though,” Anna said meekly as she held up the dress. “No thanks.”

“Aww! You should at least try it on!” he complained.

“I don't like dresses!”Anna argued back. “Especially not girly ones!”

“Okay... how about this one then?” Lee Joon finally said as he pulled out another dress that he was keeping from behind. Anna looked to see a black mini dress with one sleeve.

“Wow! This is actually pretty!” she said, taking the dress from his hand. “Why didn't you show me this one first?”

“I thought you'd look cuter in the white one,” he admitted.

“Wow, I actually want to try it on,” Anna said as she was about to go into the changing room, but Lee Joon stopped her.

“Annehyo! You have to try this one on first!” he said as he gave her the dress.

 

“Ugh! Fine!” Anna smiled before walking away. As she was putting on the white dress, Anna thought how relaxing it was to be hanging out with Lee Joon like this. It had been a long time since Anna did anything normal and human- even though she isn't normal... or a human. But spending time with Lee Joon was definitely something that she needed.

“Okay, here,” Anna said as she walked out in the white dress to show Lee Joon. He sat in his seat and clapped.

“Yah! You should wear dresses more often! You're so pretty,” he said loudly.

“Not ones like this,” Anna smiled before going back inside to change. She quickly changed into the black dress and was amazed at how the dress shaped her body.

 

“Is this really me?” she thought as she looked at herself in the mirror. Anna used to never wear dresses; not because she never liked them, but she was used to dressing in pants, even at Zayne's charity events.

“Yah, I think I really like this dress,” Anna said as she stepped out of the room again, still looking at down at the dress. “I mean I don't usually wear dresses, but this one is-”

“Beautiful...” Lee Joon finished for her as he stood up. When Anna stepped out, Lee Joon was completely mesmerized by her; he couldn't even say anything else.

 

“You like it?” she blushed. Anna didn't understand why Lee Joon wouldn't stop looking at her. “Lee Joon-ssi?”

“Huh?” he answered, as he came back to reality and straightened himself up. “That's it. I'm buying you that dress!”

“What?!” Anna asked. “No! You really don't have to-” Lee Joon grabbed her hand.

 

“You look beautiful...it'd be a crime if you didn't buy it,” he whispered. Anna fake laughed and pushed him away.

“If you like it so much, then you wear it!” She said as she walked back into the changing room. Anna quickly closed the door behind her and laid her back on the door.

“Lee Joon-ssi...” she thought nervously before shaking her head. “No. No way!”