Thirsty

Boys over Blood

 

Dinner lasted for almost 3 hours, and by the time they were done, it was already 9 pm.

 

“I should be heading back to my dorm. I have a curfew around 11,” said Donghae as he pulled his jacket over himself. “Thanks a lot for dinner.”

“A vampire with a curfew?” Anna asked. “Now I've heard everything.”

“It was nice meeting you,” Donghae said as he stared at Anna. “I had a great time.”

“Me too,” she smiled.

“See you at school,” said Donhae as he left through the door. Anna slowly closed the door, but her hand was still holding the door knob.

 

“Anna,” called Louis.

“Yeah?” said Anna, caught off- guard. “What's up?”

“I managed to decipher some of the medical manuscripts, do you want me to do the rest?” coughed Louis.

“No, it's okay,” Anna said. For some reason, her mind was still focused on Donghae leaving. “I can do the rest.”

“Okay, well, I'm going to go to sleep,” Louis smiled. “Don't stay up too late.”

“Good night,” she smiled.

 

Anna walked over to the dinner table again to get her phone, when she found a set of keys on the ground next to the chair that Donghae sat at.

“His keys!” Anna thought. She grabbed her leather jacket and slipped it on before leaving through the front door. “He couldn't have gone too far.” Soon, Anna was out on the streets, looking for any sign on Donghae. She passed by different restaurants and even a market place, but still no sign of Donghae.

“Where is he?” she thought, while trying to find his scent around the area.

“No!”  yelled a familiar voice.

 

“It sounded like him!” Anna thought as she ran towards two apartment buildings, but stopped behind a corner in order to peek into an alley way.

“Stop!” Anna heard Donghae say. She found him pinning someone against the wall. “Not him! And definitely not now!”

“And why not? I haven't eaten in weeks,” growled the other's voice. To Anna's suprise, it wasn't the voice of another man, it was a woman's voice with a british accent. “Don't worry though, love. I won't tell a soul.”

 

Donghae pulled up a sleeve on the arm that he was using to hold down the woman, and he took a bite into his own wrist. “Here. Take this instead for now.” Anna could smell his blood, and watched as the woman did not hesitate to bite into his wrist. After several minutes, Donghae had a difficult time dealing with her; finally he pulled away. While the woman pulled away and sank onto the floor, Anna ran to Donghae to wrap his wrist with a torn piece from her shirt.

“Anna!” he said out of surpise.

“Just keep applying pressure onto the bite. She looked like she took more than she needed out of you, but you'll be alright,” Anna said. She bent down to find the woman unconscious and lying on the street.

 

Then she turned to find anther man, who was barely waking up.

“She almost bit him, right?” Anna asked as she walked over to him.

“Yeah. That's why I stopping her,” said Donghae, who was struggling to keep his balance.

“Good,” she smiled to him before returning her attention to the man. “Annyeonghaseyo.” The man looked at her with a frightened expression before Anna began locking eyes with him, beginning to compel him.

 

“Whatever you were doing, you will forget. That woman and that man over there, you will also forget. Walk straight home, and I promise that you will have no recollection of what happened to you, since you will believe that you out,” Anna told him as she walked him over to the sidewalk. Without even questioning, the man walked down the street as if nothing ever happened. Donghae was still holding pressure onto his wrist when Anna walked back to him.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked him and patted him on the back. “You look a little pale there.”

“Don't I always?” he laughed at the vampire joke. Anna bent over again to see the woman's face as she was still lying unconscious on the ground.

 

“Hello, Rebekah,” Anna sighed.