Heartbreakage (Part 2)

Boys over Blood

 

“Anna?” Lee Joon said as he patted her hand. Anna looked up at him and shook her hair.

 

“Sorry,” she smiled. “What is it?”

“You just seemed really distracted,” he said as he leaned in closer. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am,” she smiled genuinely.” Even though, Zayne was a huge part of her life, she was proud of herself for letting him go. “This is really good, Chundoong-ssi. You made this yourself?”

 

Chundoong leaned in and smiled at Anna.

“Yup! I worked really hard on it this morning,” he said proudly. “I'm glad you like it.”

“What's not to like?” Anna said as she took in another spoonful of his pasta.

 

“Hyung,” Chundoong elbowed Lee Joon. “I heard you two were out together when Anna left early.”

Anna's eyes widened and Lee Joon started to blush.

“I was looking for her!” he elbowed Chundoong back. “I was really worried.”

“We all were,” Chundoong said, then he turned to Anna. “Right after you left the room, Hyung followed after you. Our manager was really mad at him.”

“I'm so sorry!” Anna said to Lee Joon. “You should have told me that you had work to do.”

“I didn't,” he laughed. “Our manager was just worried that something happened to me, but when I told him that I was looking for you, he didn't stay mad.”

 

“That's a relief,” Anna said, and then she remembered something from yesterday. “Yah, Lee Joon-ssi! Don't think that I still forgive you for what you did to me!”

“What?” Lee Joon asked. “What did I do?”

Anna blushed and pointed to her cheek, and Lee Joon smiled to himself.

“Oh,” he blushed. “That.”

“What happened?” Chundoong asked, who was more interested now.

 

“It's nothing,” Anna smiled. “By the way, where's everyone else?”

“They had a radio program to go to,” Lee Joon replied. “Yah! You're supposed to call me Oppa!”

“Tch, no way!” Anna said as she continued to eat the pasta.

 

“Aish!” he said, and soon Hyunah came up from behind him and gave him a back hug.

“Oppa!” she said as she kissed Lee Joon on the cheek. For some reason, Anna felt a little disappointed.

“Yah!” Lee Joon yelled angrily. “Stop doing that!”

“Why not?” Hyunah said as she smirked to Anna. “I mean we're dating already.”

 

“Bwoh!?” Chundoong asked, while he and Anna we're both surprised.

“You guys aren't dating,” Anna finally laughed.

“And how would you know,” Hyunah snapped as she clutched over the table. “He'd rather go out with someone like me, then a girl like you.”

 

“Excuse me?” Anna said as she got up. “You sure about that?” She was ready to tear this girl's face apart.

“Yeah, I'm sure,” Hyunah laughed. “Lee Joon likes pretty girls like me. Not weird looking girls like you.”

 

Anna could do so much to this girl right now. She could compel her to do embarrassing things, or bite her in the neck just to shut her up. But Anna refrained herself and stared right at Hyunah.

“Beauty starts from the inside, sweetheart. So once you turn ugly internally, that ugliness just seeps out so much that people won't like what they see on the outside anymore,” Anna finally said to her.

 

“I'm pretty!” Hyunah turned red. “How dare you say something to me like that!”

“Yah!” Lee Joon finally stood up. “Why don't you just leave already instead of bullying people?”

“O-oppa!” Hyunah begged. Out of frustration, Hyunah grabbed the closest glass of water and threw the water into Anna's face. Out of instinct, Anna soon gave Hyunah a death glare and was seconds away from baring her fangs out her when Donghae suddenly came in and picked Anna up.

 

“Donghae-ssi!” Anna said as Donghae lifted her over his back and walked out of the cafeteria. He carried her all the way to Danny's classroom where Danny and Rebekah were there. Donghae helped Anna down, but she was still kicking and punching him.

 

“Don't ever do that again!” Anna said angrily.

“She almost tried to bite some girl who was messing with her,” Donghae told Danny.

“I get it. Good job,” Danny smiled.

“No! Not good!” Anna yelled out. “You didn't need to do that! I wasn't really going to bite her.”

“Yeah, but you could have shown her your fangs, and then letting her know that you're a vampire,” Donghae argued. “You really don't want to blow your cover anyway.”

“Well, she's exception!” Anna yelled. “She really pisses me off.”

 

“Anna...” Danny said. “You're temper...”

“I don't have a temper!” Anna said as she sat down at a desk in the front. “Donghae-ssi, aren't you supposed to be resting anyway?”

“I'm not that weak,” Donghae said, sitting next to me. “I'm fine now. Really.”

“Well, you must be if you were spying on me,” Anna said.

“I wasn't spying!” Donghae blushed. “I just happened to walk by the cafeteria when it happened.”

“Sure,” Anna smiled. “At this point, it kind of seems like you enjoy stalking me while I'm eating.”

“N-no!” he argued.

 

“Honestly, the both of you argue like you're a married couple,” smirked Rebekah. “Aren't they cute, Danny?”

“Hey, if you want to date her, you'll have to go through me,” Danny said to Donghae.

“Hey!” Anna said. “And what about the two of you? Aren't you guys back together already?”

 

Danny and Rebekah looked at each other and blushed before turning away.

“Exactly,” Anna smirked. She laughed and looked at Donghae, who was looking at her intensely.

“...By the way, where's Louis?” Anna changed the subject.

“He went to go get lunch for us,” Danny said as he looked at his wristwatch. “He should be coming soon.”

“Oh, okay,” said Anna, but she still felt Donghae's eyes on her, which made her strangely nervous.

 

It wasn't like she needed to feel nervous around someone like him. Anna obviously wasn't intimidated by Donghae, no matter how much of a sunbae he stood to her; they're both vampires, and Anna learned how to not be easily afraid of others. But Anna still couldn't figure out why Donghae is so nerve wrecking to be around. Anna clutched the ends of her jacket and blushed as she sank in her seat.

 

“Do I actually like him?” Anna thought. She dared to sneak at Donghae just to see her reaction, and when their eyes met, Anna suddenly felt warmer and her chest was throbbing. “No way!” she yelled in her head while she secretly bit her lip. Then Anna took a minute to think about Lee Joon; what she's feeling now with Donghae was exactly how she felt when Lee Joon was with her.

 

“Wait... and Lee Joon-ssi!” Anna screamed. “Aissh, what the hell is wrong with me?” Maybe Louis was right, Anna was actually getting caught up with guys and relationships- even though she wasn't exactly aware. Soon, Anna felt her phone vibrate, and she noticed that it was Louis' number.

 

“Hey,” Anna said, clearing her voice. “So what did you-”

“Where are you?” Louis interrupted; he seemed tense. “I need to see you right now.”

“Now?” Anna said, getting up and heading out of the door so fast that even Donghae couldn't stop her. “Are you okay? What's wrong?”

 

Louis had already hanged up, and Anna was already running through the campus, towards the front gates. When Anna turned a corner, she bumped into Lee Joon, who was actually going to meet her.

“Anna!” Lee Joon smiled.

“Sorry, Lee Joon-ssi!” Anna said as she passed by him. Donghae stopped next to Lee Joon, and they both watched her leave.

 

Nearly out of breath, Anna stopped once she stepped over the gates, but soon Louis came from the side, grabbing her hand, and running with her down the street. After passing by a few shops, Anna finally pulled her hand away, so that they would stop running.

“Louis!” Anna yelled. “What's going on?” Louis paced back and forth away from Anna before coming back to her.

 

“I can't take it anymore,” he finally said. Louis faced was as tense and stressed out as his tone on the phone.

“Look,” Anna said as she gripped his shoulder. “Louis, I get it. And it's okay to feel tired and sick right now.”

“It is?” he asked.

“Yes,” Anna smiled. “I know. I've been stressed out too. I mean it is a lot to handle with new vampires showing up, and the fact that we still have to keep acting like we're 'normal'. Yeah, it's a pain.”

 

Louis closed his eyes in disbelief and removed Anna's hand on his shoulder.

“It's not that. It's...” he started, but instead of finishing, he pulled Anna's face close to his, and kissed her. Anna was so shocked that she didn't even try to stop or push Louis away.

“....the fact that I'm in love with you,” he finished as he whispered in her ear. Anna took a step back and stared at the ground beneath Louis' feet; she felt as if her body was literally going into shock.

 

“What?” was all she was able to say. “For...how long?”

“Since...” Louis started. “...we first met. Even when you were with Zayne.”

“And you tell me this now?” Anna said as she folded her arms; she seriously couldn't think straight.

“Well... how was I supposed to when you obviously had Lee Joon and Donghae clinging on to you?” he argued.

 

Anna nodded head when she finally understood what was going on with Louis.

“Really? Okay, first of all, I have no idea if Donghae even likes me-” but before she could finish, Anna's phone vibrated again. It was probably Danny worrying about her running away all of a sudden.

“It's okay, I'm fine,” Anna said as soon as she picked up the call.

 

“Well, that's great to hear, Anna,” said an unfamiliar voice. “I'm glad that you and Louis have been doing well out of the country.”

“Who is this?” Anna asked suspisciously as she gripped the phone even tighter. Her chest was tying knots in the inside.

“I'll be in touch,” said the voice before it hanged up. Anna noticed his voice more clearly this time, and checked the unknown number on the call list.

 

“Do you recognize this number?” Anna asked Louis as she held out the phone to him.

“Yeah,” Louis said, his face somehow turning a shade paler. “The first three numbers are always on each of the office numbers in Zayne's company. Anna...?”

“Someone knows we're here,” Anna gravely whispered. “Which means Nik and Zayne will find us soon.”