Something Warm

EXPOSITION

*Taecyeon*

We all sat outside the O.R. waiting for EunJung to get out of surgery. The doctor had earlier came out to inform us that while EunJung was screaming she had tore a larger hole in her lung. On top of that she went to into cardiac arrest.

We all went into a frenzy when he said she might not make it. The doctor said that her heart wasn't getting the proper amount of oxygen for it to function correctly.

"Her condition is very scarce right now. We're doing everything we can. But she's on the brink of life and death right now."

The doctors words kept repating themself over and over in my head.

If EunJung didn't make it, I had no idea what kind of crime I would commit. Something was going to happen. If I lost her I would loose all sense of right and wrong.

But I wasn't going to loose her. She was going to live. We were going to finish school together. Move to where ever she wanted to live. Get married. Have kids and raise them together. Watch them have our grandkids and hopefully great grand kids. Then we would die together holding hands with smiles on our faces.

I needed to have Jeon EunJung in my life. Never have I felt so strongly for a person this way.

I had my fantastic, smart, and gifted younger brother JinWoon. My best friends until death; the slick and understanding Chansung and the smooth and funny Nichkhun. They were just like my brothers. My blood.

Jeon EunJung is the love of my life that I need. If anything at all, I needed these four people in my life.

If something happened to either of them I just couldn't make it.

I looked at the time on the wall and sighed.

+6:12pm+

I needed some fresh air to help get the negative thoughts out of my head. I walked outside the hospital and went out to my car.

To my surprise I had completely forgot that my phone was left in the cup holder.

I looked at the screen and saw that there were ten missed calls. Three were from Chansung, four were from Nichkhun, and the last three were from JinWoon.

". JinWoon." he must be upset that he woke up and I wasn't there.

I dialed his number and put the phone up to my ear.

"Yoboseyo? Hyung! Why did you leave? I woke up and you weren't there!"

"Hyung is sorry." I tried to sound normal but my voice was weak.

"Hyung, what's wrong? Are you alright? Did something happen?"

"I had an emergency last night."

"Are you okay? Do you need me to do anything?"

"No, not now. I just wanted to let you know i'm okay."

"Please tell me where you are. Don't lie to me. I know you're not at Chansung's or Nichkhun's. I already asked. They don't even know where you are. Are you with noona?"

"I'm...with noona...at the hospital."

"Mwoh?! The hospital?! What happened to noona?!"

"She'll be okay, Woon. I promise. Just please don't worry yourself. You know how you get."

"Please don't let anything happen to noona."

he begged.

"I won't. I promise. I have to go now. I'll call you again when I get the chance."

"Please do. Don't forget."

*click*

I hung up and proceeded to get Nichkhun and Chansung on the same line.

"Yoboseyo?"

they answered.

"Hey...do you guys think you could get HyoMin and Qri on the line?"

"Where have you been? We've been calling you like crazy? Its like you and EunJung fell of the face of the earth for a day."

Nichkhun yelled.

"Please just get them other on the line. It's important."

"Let's get them Nichkhun. It sounds important." Chansung stated.

They went off the line for a moment and both returned with two new voices on the phone.

"Taecyeon? Do you know where EunJung is?"

HyoMin asked frantically.

"She's not answering her phone or anything. No ones at her house either. Is she with you?"

Qri added.

"Listen." I began. I didn't even know if I could make it through what I was going to say.

"EunJung got into a situation and we're at the hospital."

"What?! What do you mean?! Let me speak to her!"

They all shouted.

"I can't. She's in surgery right now."

"What the hell kind of situation did she get into that she needs surgery for?! Tell us everything!"

With a deep breath, I told them everything that had happened from the time that I got the 911 call all the way up until her current operation.

HyoMin and Qri were already crying on the phone. They all said they were on their way as soon as possible.

I felt I should tell them what happened because we were like family. I knew they were already worried about her.

I later went back inside and met back up with her family. EunJung was still in surgery. It felt like it had been days already. Her father had left to go get us all something to eat. We were all starving.

"Taecyeon, where did you go?" her mother asked.

"I had to call my brothers. They were worried."

"Oh I understand." she rubbed my arms and sat me down next to her.

I barely even knew EunJung's mother but yet and still she felt more like my mother than my own birth mom.

I leaned my head on her shoulder, it was so warm. Another tear rolled down my face.

"You really love, Eunjung don't you?"

"I do. More than you can imagine. I love EunJung so much."

"It's comforting to hear that. Have you spoken to your mother, she must be worried about her son by now." she cooed.

More tears ran down my face as she spoke those words.

"I dont have a mother...." I whispered thinking she wouldn't hear me.

"You don't? Oh dear...." she then wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back.

That brought on a whole new round of tears.

"There, there dear. Everything will be fine."

I've never had the feeling of a mother comforting me. It felt nice and warm.

============================================================