The Inquisition

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

A bright light shining through the window awoke me that next morning. I opened my eyes gently and saw that sunlight had made its way through the window.

I felt that I wasn't engulfed in Taecyeon's strong embrace anymore so I looked behind me and there he was sprawled out all over the rest of the bed with his mouth gapped open. It was one of the funniest sights I had seen in a while. I didn't hesitate in grabbing my phone and snapping a picture of his whole body.

I looked at the picture and smiled before leaning over and kissing his cheek gently. I got off the bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair and aftwerward headed downstairs.

The smell of breakfast was making its way all throughout the house. I walked in to the kitchen to find HyeBin cooking bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

"Ohayo." I called.

"Ohayo. Hey will you set the table?" HyeBin responded.

"Sure thing." I grabbed some plates out of the cabinet followed by some eating utensils out of the drawer. Not much time later I finshed setting the table while HyeBin finished up cooking.

HyeBin brought the food to the table and looked.

"Umm...EunJung?"

"Ne?"

"Why are there three plates?"

"Well you see..." I began.

"Don't tell me Taecyeon spent the night." HyeBin huffed.

"Then i'll stay quiet." I said as I went back upstairs to go wake Taecyeon.

I went in to room and saw him still passed out on the bed. I sat at the edge of the bed next to him and leaned down to his ear.

"Oppa. Ireonayo~" I cooed while shaking him slighty. His eyes began to slightly drift open.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning." he replied tiredly through a smile.

"Breakfast is ready." I kissed his cheek.

"Ah geurae? Do you have any mouth wash?" he smiled.

"Yeah, its in the bathroom."

Taecyeon went into the bathroom and washed his mouth out with Listerine before we both headed down stairs hand in hand.

We walked to the breakfast table where HyeBin was putting the last of the food on the table.

"Good morning HyeBin-ssi." Taecyeon greeted.

"Yeah, morning Taecyeon." HyeBin waved.

The three of us sat down at the table and began filling our plates with food.

"Chalmeotkesseumnida!" we all said.

It was quiet at first before HyeBin began talking.

"So Taecyeon, what are your intentions with my little sister?" she asked.

I put my hand over my face in embarrasment.

"Well I want to love her and take care of her. I really want to be the one to make her happy."

"How did you guys meet?" she threw again.

Taecyeon and I both almost choked on our food as both our minds flashed back to our earlier history. Luckily I thought quick.

"We met at school. He's in one of my classes and we just got to talking and stuff."

"Ah I see."

We all continued eating our food quietly.

"EunJung, kyo nani o shimaa ka?"

(EunJung, what are you doing today?)

"Konban, resutoran ni tomodachi to bangohan wo tabemasu."

(Tonight, I'm going to a restaurant to eat dinner with my friends.)

"Ah so desu ne."

(Ah that's right.)

"Oneesan, kangokugo hanashimasho."

(Sister, let's speak in Korean.)

"Araso~ Well i'm spending the night at a friends house tonight."

"Alright."

It was still a little tough for us to get used to speaking Korean but I didn't want Taecyeon to feel uncomfortable.

"I have some questions for you Taecyeon." HyeBin began.

I sighed. It was going to be a long morning.

"Yes?"

"Taecyeon, how old are you?" HyeBin questioned.

"I'm 19 right now."

"Where are you from?"

"Boston, Massachusetes."

I took note of his answer. Taecyeon and I had never really sat down and talked about ourselves like this.

"You speak English?"

"Yes I do."

"Good then we have common ground." HyeBin said in English.

"What do you mean?"

"Well since we're not too good in Korean and you don't speak Japanese then we can all speak English." I explained as I drank my orange juice.

"I'm fine with that."

"How long have been in Korea?" she continued in English.

"For about five years now."

"Shouldn't we talk in Korean, so we can get better?" I laughed.

"We're at home it's okay."

The truth I was I actually wanted to save Taecyeon's English for myself. He sounded y.

We all finished eating and Taecyeon helped me clean the dishes. Afterward the both of us went back upstairs to my bedroom and closed the door.

"I didn't know you were from America." I inquired.

"You never asked. Plus you never told me you were from Japan. I found out on accident." he chuckled.

"So we're even."

"You know what part of America i'm from. So what part of Japan were you born in?"

"I wasn't BORN in Japan. I was born in Seattle, Washington. But moved to Kyoto when I was three."

"See we have something in common. Both born in the States." he smiled. I responded to him with my own.

"I sure hope you're not wearing those clothes out today." I said realizing he had the same clothes on as yesterday.

"Well...I need to go back to my house and get some clothes." his smile faded.

I knew he didn't like being at home.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

He slowly nodded.

"Alright, let me get dressed."

==================================

So my Japanese is a tad rusty lol

I'll probably double update today. I haven't decided yet :)