Like An Angel

EXPOSITION

*Qri*

___FLASHBACK__-1 Year Ago-__

I was hiding in the closet of my bedroom praying that I wouldn't be found. I even went as far as too breathe as little as possible and bury myself in clothes.

'Please don't let him find me up here.' I prayed.

All of a sudden I heard the front door swing open and slam close. From the sound of how hard it slammed the hinges had to be broken.

"JIHYUN! GET YOUR OUT HERE!!"

'Please no.' I begged and prayed.

Within a few seconds the door to my bedroom was flung open slamming against the wall.

I could hear my father searching for me and yelling.

"I'M GONNA BEAT THE OUT OF YOU IF YOU DON'T COME OUT!"

No matter how hard I tried to keep quiet, when he broke through my closet door, I let out a loud scream of fear.

"THERE YOU ARE!"

He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me out of my closet. I screamed non stop at the pain.

Although it hurt, I would have rather dealt with that than his fists and kicks which he proceeded to beat me with.

"STOP! STOP!" I screamed.

He ignored my cries of pain and proceeded to kick me in my stomach.

I still screamed and hollered hoping that a miracle would happen.

Suddenly my father was thrown to the ground and started wrestling with his tackler.

A few minutes later police came rushing in and put my father in handcuffs before escorting him out the door. He continued to yell and scream vulgarities towards me all they way until he was out of ear shot.

I withered in pain on the bedroom floor bleeding excessively.

"Hey, JiHyun, can you hear me?" came an angelic like voice.

As much as I wanted to respond, I couldn't because it hurt too bad to talk.

"Someone get us some help!" he yelled.

"The ambulace is here!" yelled another man's voice. It was the last thing I heard before my head completely gave way and everything went black.

------

I woke up what seemed like days later in a white hospital room.

"You're finally awake?" I recognized the angelic voice from before immediately.

My head slowly turned to the owner of the voice and I couldn't supress my surprise.

"Nichkhun?"

____FLASHBACK END____

Just the thought alone made me tremble and Nichkhun noticed.

"Are you alright?" he asked without hesitation.

"Yeah i'm fine." I responded.

"JiHyun-ah." he hugged me.

"Wae?" I at least gave him the satifisfaction of hugging him back.

"Can we just try? I promise i'll make you happier than you've ever been."

"You don't have to try too hard."

Nichkhun has been begging to be with me for about nine months now. I cannot deny that I admire his dedication.

"Listen Nichkhun, please just respect that i'm not ready to give my heart to anyone right now, okay? When I am, I will let you know......if you still care that much for me."

"What?! I'll always care this much for you. My heart will only get bigger. I'll wait as long as you need too, but just don't leave me without a final answer, okay?"

"Araso Khun."

He smiled as I called him by his nickname.

"Is that a promise?" he questioned.

"I promise."

He smiled at me sweetly.

"I bet your soup will be delicious. Save me a bowl? I'll eat it tomorrow for lunch."

"Or....you can just come over later when its done and have it fresh." I suggested trying not to sound too flushed.

"Even better." he smiled his biggest grin of pearly whites.

Nichkhun helped gather the rest of my things from around the store and even offered to push the basket. Once I paid for the groceries we left the market got ready to grab the groceries out of the cart.

"Where did you park?" he asked.

"Oh I rode my bike here." I answered.

He seemed surpried.

"How are you going to get all these groceries home?"

"I have a basket on my bike."

"Aniya, i'll drive. I can let the back seats down in my car and you can put your bike in."

"It's okay. Plus my dirty wheels will mess up your car."

"I promise its okay. I'll clean it later. Please JiHyun." he pouted.

"If you insist."

======================================================

Who was expecting this?? I wanna know!

Well there's some of Qri's and Nichkhun's history for you all!

Next chapter is back to TaecJung for a bit.

Comment por favor :)