The Family

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

I was being rolled over to the testing center so that they could check my lungs once more. The pain in my chest was so immense but I tried not to show it in front of Taecyeon and HyeBin. The worried look on their faces was heartbreaking enough.

I arrived in the testing center and their were only a few doctors. They were setting up the X-ray so they could see how my lungs were holding up.

"Ms. Jeon, how does your chest feel?" one doctor asked with a clipboard in his hand.

"It hurts. I can only breathe in small increments. And my stomach feels sore."

"Right now the main thing is that you don't put too much stress on your lungs. Anything that might raise your heartrate is dangerous for you. If there is too much stress on your lung right now, it is liable to reopen again."

I nodded in understanding.

"You're very lucky we were able to contacr Jeon HyeBin and Ok Taecyeon when we did. Their blood transfusuions saved your life."

I could feel my swell. They had saved my life. I was so happy I could cry. I was soon brought back down to earth when the doctor continued to speak.

"However, even with that help, there is something that you need to be the first to know even before your family. Now you've been given a choice. Here's the ordeal about the first choice, if you want to hear the news now, we have doctors on stand by just in case your reaction causes damages. Second, we can wait until your lung is more stable, then let you know. Or third, we wait for your call to hear the news."

I immediately began contemplating on what the news could be for it to cause me so much pain. What news about me could be that bad? Apparently, it was so terrible that I could possible tear my lung back open.

"I'll just let you all know when I want to hear the news. I don't think I can handle it right now." I used my weak breath to speak.

"Alright Ms. Jeon."

They then proceeded to examine my lung as well as the other parts of my chest that took the impact.

The whole time they were working on me, I was worrying about what they could possibly have to say.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Taecyeon*

I had slowly drifted off to sleep in the waiting room chair. I didn't know quite how long it had been but all I know is that I was woken up by a frantic voice next to me.

"HyeBin-ah where's my EunJung?!" a femininely voice shouted in English.

"Mom!" HyeBin stood up and put her arm around a lady with short brown hair and a man with black hair. Standing behind them were two other people around my age.

"Where is she?" the man asked franticly.

"They took her back in for some tests about an hour and a half ago."

I looked over at the clock and saw it was about 11:45am.

"As soon as we were called we were on the next flight to Seoul. Have you had a chance to speak with EunJung yet?" her mother cried.

"Yeah, we got to see her for about 45 minutes before they took her back. The bullet struck a lung but she's gonna pull through. They're just carefully watching her. But luckily we got some time in with her before hand."

"That's good." her mother sobbed.

"But HyeBin...who is 'we'?" her father asked.

HyeBin then turned to me.

"This is Ok Taecyeon. EunJung's boyfriend."

I immeadiately bowed to them before introducing myself. I then noticed that the other two present individuals looked at me strangely.

"Hello, my name is Ok Taecyeon." I greeted sincerely.

"Oh my...I wasn't aware of this. Since when?" he mother whispered.

"For a few weeks now." I answered.

"How old are you?" he father asked boldy.

"I'm nineteen sir."

"How did you meet her?" he fired again.

"Honey, don't worry about that right now." her mother intervened.

Not too long after the same doctor as before doctor came out and walked over to us.

"Where's my baby? Let me see her!" her mother immediately asked.

"EunJung has just been released from testing. She's back in her room in ICU now. We recommend that only three people or less go in at a time."

The six of us followed the doctor back up to the ICU and down the hall to EunJung's room.

Without question or hesitation, EunJung's parents along with HyeBin were the three to first enter the room.

It killed me not to be able to see EunJung, but I knew her family had the right to see her before I did.

Every now and again I would catch the other two that were there looking at me.

They were two girls; one of them was tall with long brown hair while the other one was slighty shorter with short brown hair.

Their looks had me suspicious.

============================================

We've reached the home stretch!!! There's only 10 chapters left!!

Then I will post my new fic!! You can read my AFF blog for a few details aboout it :)