Infatuation

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

No matter how hard I tried to go to sleep I just could not fall into a complete slumber. My night was nearly nonstop tossing and turning and there was nothing I could do about it. I thought about resorting to night time pain reliever medicine, but that didn't sound healthy.

I turned over to my right side to see if I could sleep any better. I looked at my alarm clock on my night stand as it read 3:57am.

'It's 4am and I haven't even gotten a decent dose of sleep.'

By this time I was just about desperate for even five minutes of sleep.

Normally when I need to go sleep, I talk myself to sleep or end up talking to someone else.

I reached over and grabbed my phone of the night and opened my contacts.

I scrolled through them to see if there was anyone there who might even still be up at this time.

'I know HyoMin and Qri are dead asleep right now.' I sighed.

I kept scrolling and came to SeungHyun's number. The thought came across my mind to call him, but I figured he would be sleep as well. But I gave it a try anyway.

I pressed the call button on SeungHyun's name and the phone began ringing. The phone rang about five or six times before it went to voicemail.

'Who am I kidding. Nobody is awake at this hour when there's school tomorrow.'

However, at the time another name ran through my mind.

'Should I call?' I asked myself.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, I scrolled through my contacts one more until I found the name.

Hesitating at first I ended up pressing the call button on the name.

It rang about three of four times before a tired voice answered.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yoboseyo?" I replied.

"EunJung? Is that you?" he immediately began to sound more awake.

"Ne."

"Is there something wrong? Why are you calling me so early?"

"Mianhaeyo. But I can't sleep."

"Oh...do you need anything? Are you still sick?"

"I guess you can say that."

"EunJung..."

"Ne?"

"Why did you run away from me earlier? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Taecyeon. It wasn't you. I just...I don't know."

"EunJung, i'm really sorry."

"For what?" I asked curiously.

"For everything. That night. Sending Yoona on you. Disrepecting you. Everything negative i've done to you up until now. You don't have to forgive me but I just wanted to tell you that."

"I'll get over it. So in the future, don't apologize for that stuff. Just don't do it anymore."

"Okay. If possible, can we start over?"

"Taecyeon to be honest, there's no way that we can start completely over."

I got the feeling that he knew what I meant by that.

"I understand. But...is it possible to just be friends?"

"It's possible but you have to earn it..."

"I'll do that."

"I hope so."

"There's one more thing I need to explain though..."

"What is that?"

"When you asked me why I like you..."

"Yeah. You didn't answer right away." I sighed.

"The truth is...I don't know why I like you. I know nothing about you or the real you. But for some reason...I feel very attracted to you. I don't know why but I do."

"It's called infatuation."

"Well I guess I'm infatuated with you then."

=======================

I'm updating again right after this :)