Formally

EXPOSITION

*HyoMin*

I waited for Chansung in the courtyard at one of the benches after school, but nearly ten minutes had already passed and the courtyard was clearing out. After another ten minutes, the courtyard was empty of everyone except for me.

I sighed and stood up.

"I knew it was too good to be true."

My heart sank in my chest as I walked toward the gate.

"HyoMin-ssi!" I heard my name being called out followed by a hand on my shoulder.

"I am so sorry I’m late. I had to take of something important." Chansung apologized.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Are you very upset with me?"

"Not so much. But you could've texted or called me. I was about to leave."

"Yes, I’m sorry. I was just really caught up." he apologized.

He then surprised me by bowing.

"Why are you bowing to me?" I asked surprised.

"I just wanted to apologize genuinely. Are you ready to go?" he smiled.

"Um...yeah."

We walked together to the parking lot and up to his car. His car was extremely nice. It was a 2012 BMW m5 sedan.

He walked to the passenger side and opened the door for me.

"Thanks." he closed the door behind me before going around getting in the driver's seat.

He backed out smoothly and within a flash we were out of the parking lot.

"How are you today, HyoMin?"

Even though his question was simple and easy enough to answer, it still caught me off guard.

"It was fine. It went by quickly." I replied.

"That's good. Were your classes well?" he asked once more.

 

His formal tone was a little weird for me. I don't even know anyone that spoke with such a formal tone as he did.

"They were pretty good. There was nothing out of the ordinary."

"Ah, I see."

"How were your classes?" I asked.

"They were fine as well. Nothing new." he replied calmly.

His smooth voice made my heart beat faster and skip a few beats.

I took a deep breath.

"Are you feeling okay?" Chansung asked concerned.

"I feel fine. I'm just thirsty is all."

"Oh alright. Well we're almost to the coffee shop."

Within the next five minutes, we pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop.

We both stepped out of the car at the same time but out the corner of my eye he was looking at me strangely.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I would have opened your door for you."

"Oh it's no big deal." I said as he held open the door to the coffee shop.

As soon as we walked in, the strong aroma of coffee struck my senses. There was a mix of vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa, and many other sweet scents.

"What would you like?" the cashier asked.

"A vanilla hazelnut latte." I ordered.

"I would like one Americano please." Chansung followed.

I began to pull out my wallet to pay for my drink but Chansung quickly pulled out his card and handed it to the cashier.

"Please sign here." the cashier said.

Chansung used his swift signature to sign the receipt before turning to me.

"I could have paid for my drink." I told him.

"No, no. This is my treat remember." he smiled.

I just about melted from the extraordinary power of his smile.

We waited a few minutes for them to prepare our drinks and after they had, we went and sat at one of the far tables.

I silently sipped my drink and looked at the windows. I just could not believe what was actually happening here. I was here at a coffee shop Chansung, something I never even thought would happen. It's something small, but something big for me.

"Do you like it here?" Chansung asked distracting me.

"I do. It's really nice in here. Do you come here often?" I said admiring the ambiance.

"Mainly every other day."

"You must like coffee then."

"It helps." he smiled.

'There he goes with that heart trembling smile again.' I thought.

"Do you think it's strange?" he began.

"Do I think what is strange?"

"That both Nichkhun and Qri missed school. It’s just weird that one from your group and one from our group were out."

"It's a little weird. Mainly because she seemed perfectly fine after school yesterday but today she just doesn't show up."

"Same with Nichkhun. He rarely misses any days unless it's important. So for him not to come, let alone on a Friday, is unusual."

"I should really try and call her again." I sighed.

"Be my guest. I know you're concerned. I'll try and call Nichkhun."

"Okay."

We both took out our phone and began to dial.

Qri's phone began to ring. And ring. And ring. Alas the ringing stopped and the voicemail came on.

+Hi this is Qri, I can't answer my phone right now. I'll give you a call back when I can.+BEEP+

"Hey, Qri it's HyoMin. Give me a call as soon as you get this okay?"

I hung up and sighed.

"I assume she didn't answer?" Chansung analyzed.

"Voicemail. Nichkhun?"

"Same. This isn't like him. Do you think Qri and Nichkhun have something to do with each other?"

"I doubt it. They don't even talk."

"True. I am pretty sure we are over thinking it."

"Yeah. I'm sure they're both alright."

We both took a sip of our drinks and I asked him another question.

"Chansung-ah, why do you talk so formally?"

"I don't know. I think it is because I was just raised to be like this."

"Well you can talk informally around me. It doesn't bother me."

"I do not think I am used to it."

"Do you talk informally around Taecyeon and Nichkhun?"

"I talk almost the same around those two. But do sometimes speak informally without catching myself."

"Wow..."

"Does my speech bother you?"

In fact it was quite the opposite. The way he spoke was so smooth and elegant. I've never had the chance to actually sit and have a conversation with him, so it was very interesting. I wanted to hear him talk as much as possible.

"Not at all. I was just wondering." I smiled.

"You have a cute smile." he chuckled.

My face immediately began to heat up and I knew I was turning red.

"Are you well? You're red."

"Oh yeah, yeah. I'm good. I'm good." I rushed.

He reached over and ran his fingers across my cheek. My eyes went wide and my face became even redder if possible.

"If it is alright with you HyoMin, I would like to spend more time with so we can get to know each other better." he started.

"I like you, but I would like for you to spend time with me so that you may one day feel the way same way about me as I do you." He finished.

I couldn't believe my ears.

"You...like me?" I breathed.

"Yes. Very much so. I think it's been like this for a few months now."

"But...why?" I had to know.

"I believe it's because I see you as someone who can keep me grounded but could also fly with me."

I wasn't exactly clear on what he meant but I got the gist of it and it felt beautiful.

"Wow..." was all I could manage as my smile grew wider and wider.

"Would you mind spending more time together? If so, I won't bother you anymore."

"I don't mind. I'd like to spend more time with you." I smiled.

He returned it beautifully.

=================================================

Finally some HyominXChansung affection!

Next chapter is back to Qri and Nichkhun....

Three different love stories in one muahahaha!