Emptiness

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

I walked in to my first class and took my usual spot next to HyoMin.

"You do know we have a lot to talk about right?" HyoMin whispered.

"Yeah I know. I'll explain everything."

It was like the first day of school all over again. I was getting dirty looks from everyone in the classroom.

"How about we eat lunch on the roof today?" I suggested.

"Yeah that sounds good." she agreed.

Hopefully no one we know would be up there. But its not like the whole school doesn't know about me already.

I rested my head down on my arm. Everything that's been going on was giving me a massive headache.

The first couple classes seemed to drone on and on. I felt like I was going to die. I hadn't gotten any sleep in what felt like forever.

Finally it was time for lunch, but I could still feel my headache bearing down on me.

I met up with Qri and HyoMin by the entrance to roof. We walked up the steps and walked out on to the open roof. I happened to get lucky as there was nobody up there but us.

The three of us took a seat at the corner leaning our backs against the ledge.

I took a few bites of my rice cake before resting my head against the wall.

"I take it you don't feel any better..." Qri started.

"I just got a headache. From this weekend until now has been too much." I said tiredly.

"How so?"

"Well I spent Saturday with SeungHyun which was great. We did a whole bunch of fun stuff and got to know each other. But when I got home..."

"What happened?" HyoMin inquisited.

"So....I have this ex...in Japan. For some reason I just started thinking about him. No matter how hard I tried to stop I just couldn't." I said sounding almost defeated.

"You don't know what made you think of him?"

"Well...I thinking about my emotions for SeungHyun and that I didn't want them to get any deeper. My ex was a past lesson...that I shouldn't get too attached to anyone."

"Did he leave or something? I'm sorry if that's too personal but i'm just trying to understand." Qri sighed.

"It's fine. He was my senior, right now he's on his first year of college. We were together for about four years. But then he just up and left. 'You can either hold on to me or let me go and hope for the best'. That was the last thing he said before he gave me the time of his flight. How could I stop him from living his life, I was just a hoobae. He's find someone else later on."

I could feel my eyes swelling up.

"He was going oversees to America to study. My stupid pride got in the way and I let him go. I loved that idiot but I sometimes regret not meeting him at the airport. But then I wonder why. He cheated on me once and we got into arguments over stupid things. But the good out weighed the bad. I think he was trying to figure out how far I would go for him."

"I guess you miss him a lot then..." HyoMin frowned.

"I really do. But I don't want to. I want to finally be over him. But...it's so hard. Ever since then i've just become a hard , blocking off everyone."

HyoMin and Qri sat silently while continuing to eat their food.

"I feel like i'll never see him again." I sighed.

"Is that what you want?" Qri asked.

"....I don't know..."

*SeungHyun*

My friends and I were headed to the roof where we normally eat our lunch but as I opened the door to the roof I heard a familiar voice.

"Well I spent Saturday with SeungHyun which was great. We did a whole bunch of fun stuff and got to know each other. But when I got home..." EunJung spoke.

'I'm glad she had a great time...but why does she sound so sad?' I thought.

"Yah SeungHyun are you going out or not?" my friend Taeyang asked irritated.

"Hold up." I replied still trying to listen.

"Well...I thinking about my emotions for SeungHyun and that I didn't want them to get any deeper. My ex was a past lesson...that I shouldn't get too attached to anyone." she said.

I felt my heart drop just a little. EunJung continued talking about her ex and how important he was. But I refused to hear anymore. I turned and walked back down the steps.

'Its okay SeungHyun. Just let it go.' I tried to convince myself.

Tried.

=====================

A bit more of EunJung's past will come out in later chapters :)

Comments please!