Do I Owe You Something?

EXPOSITION

*HyoMin*

While I was in class I recieved a text from EunJung saying that she left early because she was sick. But I wondered if it was just because she had a lot on her mind.

After about an hour of class, the day was finally over and I packed my things up to get ready to go.

I left the classroom and began walking to the courtyard to meet up with Qri. But I was stopped when somebody called my name.

"HyoMin-ah!" I turned around and saw ChanSung running up to me. I couldn't deny that my heart skipped a beat.

However, I acted nonchalant.

"Oh Chansung-ah."

"Have you seen EunJung? Taecyeon has been looking everywhere for her."

"EunJung? She left like an hour and a half ago. She didn't feel well so she went home."

"Ah geuraeyo? Taecyeon's been frantic for a while now."

"Why should he care? Why doesn't he just go cling to Yoona." I sneered.

"Its not even like that. Taecyeon doesn't even like her, he just uses her."

"You think that's better? To use someone?" I sneered.

I know I really like Chansung but sometimes you just can't hold back on someone no matter how much you like them.

"It's not...like that exactly. Well thanks anyway HyoMin. I guess i'll see you later."

"Yeah." I nodded and walked away.

'Damn! HyoMin you babo! Why didn't you keep talking to him?!' I screamed to myself.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Qri.

"Hey Qri. How was class?"

"It was fine. Hey you can go ahead and head out. I gotta go to the grocery store."

"Do you need a ride? I thought you didn't bring your car today." I questioned.

"I didn't. I rode my bike. Don't worry i'll be fine."

"Alright, i'll see you later then."

*Qri*

I said goodbye to HyoMin and headed off tt the bike rack. After unlatching my bike, I headed down the street to the nearest grocery store to get a few things.

The breeze felt absoluely too good to pass up today. One of the main reasons why I rode my bike today.

I arrived at the CheoSong Supermarket and locked my bike once more.

I planned on making vegetable soup for dinner since my aunt had been feeling a little out of it lately, so this would be my little gift to her.

I walked into the store and went right to the vegetable section. I gathered some corn, some pumpkin, a few potatoes, a couple chilies, squash, and a few other vegetables to go in the soup.

After gathering the vegetables, I headed to another aisle to choose the soup base. The one I needed was too high so I looked ridiculous trying to reach for it.

However, out of nowhere a hand came out and reached the base for me.

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed in thanks, but then I looked at his face.

"Nichkhun."

"Hi JiHyun." he smiled cutely.

"Yah, I go by Qri. Are you stalking me now?"

"JiHyun-ah. When are you gonna finally accept the feelings I have for you?"

"Are you really confessing to me in a grocery store right now?"

"I've done worse." he chuckled.

"I know." I thought about the previous times he had confessed to me. At a fast food drive-thru, at my aunts house, at my job, at a clothing store, even at Bath and Body Works. I rolled my eyes and put the base in my basket before beginning to walk away, but Nichkhun was quick to grab my basket.

"JiHyun-ah, why won't you be with me?" Nichkhun asked sincerely.

"Because I don't know who you really are. They way you act toward me now and in the past compared to the way you act toward me around your friends is drastic."

"I'm sorry. It's just that-" he began.

"It's just that you're too popular and you can't treat me the way you want to in public. This is why I don't want to date a popular guy."

"It's not that. Its because if I do, you'll have encounters like the one EunJung had today with Yoona. I don't want everyone to mistreat you."

"And what if I told you I didn't care about that? Would you change? You don't think I can handle myself?"

"The point is, I don't want you to get mistreated because of me."

"Why don't you just get with someone who's popular already and likes you. Like Tiffany."

"Because she's not the one who makes my heartbeat crazily like you do."

I took a deep breath. Yes, Nichkhun is amazing. Yes, he's attractive. Yes, he's helped me in the past. But I just can't.

"Nichkhun..."

"What is it?"

"Do I owe you something? You helped me so much that time. But I don't wanna feel like i'm in debt to you for the rest of my life, even though you saved it. I know it doesn't make sense but-"

"Yes, I know I helped you. But I don't want the reason you go out with me to be because you feel like you owe me something. I want you to actually like me." he said sincerely.

"Nichkhun-ah..."

================

What's this history between Qri and Nichkhun?? Hmmm I wonder....

Comments are adored! :)