Chapter 8

Ticket To Heaven

oh wow. i think it's been a year since i've started updating on here again. i guess i better just finish posting this story up here since I've already started it. i'm a bit frustrated since winglin isn't working and I was plannig on posting my new story there, but I'm really happy i was able to find this website again XD well enjoy!

-------------------------

Selina forced a smile on and shouted just to make herself feel better, “Good morning!”

Selina rushed into the kitchen to find her mom steaming some rice.

“Mom! Morning!” Selina greeted. “Do you need help with anything? My hands are free right now.”

“What’s gotten into you?” questioned Mrs. Ren.

Selina shrugged, “I just wanted to help around a little more.”

“Get the celery over there and chop them up,” Mrs. Ren told.

Selina quickly walked over to a table then turned around quickly, “Mom, did you see Jiro this morning?”

“No I haven’t,” Mrs. Ren answered back. “Did you two have a fight?”

Selina bit her lip then smiled, “No I just didn’t see him when I got up this morning.”

Selina turned around to face the food, her smile quickly wiped off her face. She’d reached her decision yesterday and she had decided she would stop seeing Calvin. After a quick breakfast Selina stepped out of the kitchen to take in some fresh air. She walked around the house a little bit and came back to the front poking her head out from behind the gates. She made a face and turned around to go help her mom with other chores. After dinner Selina returned to her bedroom and sat around without realizing it she’d gone to sleep and woke up the next morning to find that Jiro wasn’t there. She decided it was a little strange without him around. After eating breakfast Selina was told to go to the garden to go fetch some stuff. Selina had been rearranging the vegetables in her hands and stopped when she noticed a figure standing a few feet away from her.

“Why didn’t you come yesterday?” Calvin asked.

Selina looked at him trying to suppress her feelings, “I…some things came up yesterday.”

“You still would have come anyway,” Calvin said loudly.

“Are you mad?” Selina questioned.

Calvin looked away as if he was annoyed then turned back to her, “Come with me.”

“Huh?” Selina said. “I still have things to do…”

“Did you hear me or not? I said come with me,” Calvin walked toward her grabbing her arm and as he did the vegetables in her arms dropped to the ground. Selina stared back at them as Calvin dragged her off.

“Calvin stop it!” Selina told. “My mom needs those! Calvin!”

“Your mom, your mom, your mom,” Calvin repeated, “so am I the last one you think of now?”

Selina stared back at him, “You could have at least waited until I brought those back home.”

“Your home…it’s always your family,” Calvin told, “look Selina I think it’s about time you open up your eyes a little bit and look into reality. It isn’t all about family there’s stuff out there in the world that you need to go do. Go to the city, drink, have fun, make new friends.”

“That’s how you are and you know I’m not like that,” Selina said.

Calvin laughed, “Lets go to the city. Leave your family and lets go to the city.”

“No,” Selina refused straightforwardly.

“What is your problem? I said lets go,” Calvin said grabbing her hand, but Selina pulled her hand back.

“You go,” Selina said.

“Selina,” Calvin said sounding impatient.

“I’m not like you anymore,” Selina told, “I’m not free to go wherever I wish as I please. I share a bed with someone, I share a room with someone, I already have a future planned out, I need to take care of my life.”

Calvin looked at her and laughed again, “I told you to leave them all behind, now come with me.”

Calvin grabbed her wrist and pulled her forward. A few moments later Selina found herself sitting at a table with Calvin in the village bar. Selina glanced around nervously. As the waiter brought over the drinks that Calvin had ordered Calvin grabbed two shot cups and poured the drinks into them.

“Here,” Calvin said pushing the drink in front of Selina. “Drink up, honey.”

Selina stared at the cup remembering how alcohol started her and Jiro’s marriage.

“I said drink up,” Calvin urged and grabbed the cup handing it to her.

Selina made no action for the cup so Calvin pressed it to her lips and poured it into . With no choice but to swallow Selina found herself coughing moments later.

“It’s so bitter!” Selina told. Calvin handed her another cup. “Calvin I don’t want to…” too late Calvin had already forced it down causing her to cough again.

“Drink this one,” Calvin told. “Or do you want me to give it to you?”

Selina stared at the cup hard remembering Grandpa Ren’s words. A married woman was only allowed to drink with her family and husband on occasions this was not one of them. She slowly reached for the cup and gulped it down quickly before Calvin could force it down .

Calvin slid his arm around her and whispered, “We’ll have some more fun after this.”

_*_*_*_*_*_

Jiro was out in the fields with some other men gathering wheat and rice stalks. He was busy piling them on top of each other when someone ran down toward him. The young man seemed to be in his early twenties but Jiro learned that he had already had two children.

“Jiro!” he called.

Jiro stood up and waited for him to come over.

“Jiro! Something bad’s happening!” he told.

“What is it Ken?” Jiro asked.

“Your wife…a man took her into a bar and…” Ken tried to catch his breath.

“What?” Jiro asked not understanding.

“He’s making her drink. Her family doesn’t know…” Ken said then took huge gulps of air.

“Sel?” Jiro questioned. “Where?”

“The village bar along that road you’ve seen it,” Ken told. “You should hurry…”

With that Jiro sped off, his heart racing. ‘Don’t let anything bad happen…’ Jiro prayed as he made his way there.

He pushed the thick wooden door open and heard a lot of chatter going on. Tables and tables and more tables filled up the room. Jiro walked in and looked around. There by the corner he recognized Selina’s back. He watched as Calvin poured another cup of alcohol for her. Jiro quickly walked over and grabbed the cup out of Selina’s hands before she could gulp the bitter liquid. Calvin looked up surprised.

“Hmph,” Calvin said, “I didn’t expect you to interrupt.”

“Lets go Selina,” Jiro said. When he got no reply he glanced at Selina to find that she was already drunk and had no control over herself. He quickly turned to Calvin who shrugged. Jiro grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him up from his seat.

“Go ahead what are you going to do?” Calvin challenged. “Use your fists?”

Jiro bit his lip angrily and shoved Calvin back down. If he were still in the city and had never arrived in the village Jiro was sure he'd beat Calvin to a pulp. Jiro grabbed Selina’s arm and helped her up quickly heading out and out of the villager's eyes. Along the way home Jiro could hear Selina mumbling jibberish. He literally had to carry her back home after he realized that Selina could not even walk. Before he entered the house Jiro looked inside and found that luck was on his side. Hher grandparents and mother weren’t home. Jiro led Selina into the kitchen and went to get a cup of water. Selina’s eyes were closed when he came back.

“Selina,” Jiro said lightly shaking her. “Here drink some water.”

Selina smiled and put her arms around Jiro’s neck pulling her face close to his. Selina gave out a foolish laugh.

“You know...I never thought about it…but if you look closely you’re pretty cute,” Selina laughed again.

“Oh God,” Jiro mumbled. “Having you drunk is bad enough. Cooperate with me for a moment and just drink some water.”

Before Jiro could go on he felt Selina press her lips against his. His body seemed to stop functioning amd even his brain seemed to have stopped. Selina moved away and coughed. Jiro blinked a few times and turned back to Selina to find that she was ing her shirt.

“It’s so hot…” she whined.

“Selina!” Jiro said loudly. “Someone might see! Oh God!”

Jiro grabbed Selina and hurried her to their bedroom. Jiro turned around to face the door and ruffled up his hair turning back to Selina to find her now wearing only a tank top. Jiro let his eyes wonder for a few seconds and raced out of the room slamming the door.

“I’m gonna go crazy if I keep looking,” he said leaning his head against the door.  

Selina awoke near dawn with a huge headache exploding inside her head. Everything seemed to be spinning when she got up. Rubbed her forehead she managed to open the door. When she did so Jiro jumped up surprised.

“You’re up,” Jiro said.

“What are you doing out here?” Selina asked. “I have a headache.”

“Do you remember what happened last…night?” Jiro questioned.

“What are you talking about?” Selina asked confused.

Jiro looked at her and quickly responded, “Go put on a shirt or something. You should just walk on the streets if you want to wear that.”

Selina looked down at her gray tank top, “What’s wrong with this.”

Jiro rolled his eyes and quickly took of his sweater and put it around her, “Hurry up and go get something to eat.”

Selina made a face and walked away wondering what he'd seemed so panicked about. As she searched around in the kitchen for some medication she thought she heard someone step inside the house. Selina stopped and looked around to find that no one was there. She started searching for the medication again when she heard it again. Selina looked around and headed toward the entrance to see someone standing there. When the figure stood up straighter Selina quickly wanted to turn around but he grabbed her arm.

“Selina,” he said in a quick whisper. “Please listen to me.”

“Let go of me,” Selina told trying to get Calvin’s grip off.

“I’m sorry,” Calvin quickly said.

“Stop it,” Selina demanded. “I said stop it.”

“Whose sweatshirt are you wearing?” Calvin questioned.

“You don’t need me to tell you,” Selina shot back at him.

Calvin shot her a warning look and it shot shivers down her spine. Calvin was serious, she finally realized. It looked like Selina wouldn’t be able to avoid him anymore.

“I’m sorry,” Selina quickly apologized, “you know I like you but I’m married.”

“I told you I don’t care!” Calvin said with a loud voice.

Selina pursed her lips and looked around to see if anyone was nearby, no one. She turned back to Calvin noticing that his grip on her was tighter.

“Calvin it hurts,” Selina told.

“I love you,” Calvin said.

Selina stared at him lost then felt his grip loosen.