Chapter 27

Ticket To Heaven

Mod smiled back in a sorry way, “Sorry…I just really wanted to see you.”

Jiro invited her in knowing that he couldn’t just tell her to go back home.

“You’ll get sick if you stay in those clothes,” Jiro told, “Selina has some clothes upstairs, you can change into them.”

“Are you sure it’s ok? What if Selina gets mad?” Mod asked.

“It’ll be alright. She wouldn’t mind…she’s not home anyway,” Jiro said his tone of voice becoming sad.

Mod nodded and went up the stairs. When she came back down she found Jiro in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

“You still like to cook?” Mod asked walking over to the stove where Jiro was standing.

“It’s become a habit, but Selina doesn’t like it,” Jiro told turning around with a plate and walked toward the table.

“Why not?” Mod said.

“She thinks it’s a waste of food and she doesn’t like me using so much plates all the time…” Jiro finished taking a seat.

“She sounds cold,” Mod commented.

Jiro gave a laugh trying to cheer himself up, “She’s actually a very sensitive person…she’s been hurt a lot, if I could I really want to make her happy. I really want to live the rest of my life with her.”

Mod darted her eyes away from Jiro’s disappointed face thinking ‘So he does love her. Did he really forget me already? I don’t want you to leave me alone.’

“Lets eat,” Mod changed the subject.

After cleaning up the kitchen and washing dishes Jiro gave Mod a bag to put her wet clothes in.

“I’ll bring back Selina’s clothes washed,” Mod told.

Jiro nodded as he walked Mod to the door. As Mod first stepped down the stairs she noticed Selina standing just before her and beside her was…

_*_*_*_*_*_

Danson had stopped his car quietly in front Selina’s house. He was now wishing that he hadn’t agreed on taking a look at Mod. All the meanwhile Selina was hoping to see Jiro just once more, but what appeared in front of her made her feelings quickly disappear. Mod wearing her clothes. What had they been doing? Why was Mod wearing her clothes? Why?

Danson who was standing beside Selina felt himself freeze. His legs refused to move. The person who was standing in front of him…Mod was Tyra. Exactly the same person. They looked so alike and the look in her eyes told him it was true.

Jiro stopped behind Mod and followed her gaze over to Selina and Danson. He was surprised to find her standing there, but at the same time happy and relieved that she had returned. He felt Selina move her gaze over to him, but she didn’t look at him happily. Instead she seemed to look a little angry.

Tears formed in Mod’s glass like eyes. She hadn’t seen him for such a long time, the one person she loved so much and she had let Jiro take his place just to make herself feel better.

“Danson,” she called as she walked toward him but stopped when all of a sudden Danson clutched onto Selina’s hand pulling her close to him.

Selina stared up at Danson surprised and confused at what he'd just done. She decided to stay quiet as Danson led her back to his car.

Jiro watched wanting to dart after them. He wanted Selina back and he couldn’t let Danson take her. As he took a step forward Mod had tripped on her last step down. Jiro helped her up and quickly watched as Danson’s car disappeared from view.

“Are you ok?” Jiro questioned.

“Jiro! It’s him!” Mod cried.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Selina stared into the mirror at the side of the car. Seeing Jiro hold onto Mod made her heart feel a small ache. Again Mod would be with Jiro, the right person in the right place. Selina turned away and stared at the road in front of her. ‘Just like the streets I’ll have to find my long way back to happiness’ she thought.

Danson stopped the car on the street somewhere where only a car passed by every few minutes. Danson gripped onto the steering wheel tightly and Selina watched him from the corner of her eyes realizing that she had been right. Tyra was indeed Mod.

What hurt him was that Tyra was actually Mod. He ignored the fact that she had possibly changed her name but he couldn’t deny the fact that she was in love with Jiro and had hurt Selina. He felt so confused about what to do. Every time his heart beat he felt a little pain here and there. Minutes later of trying to suppress his feelings he found himself sobbing.

_*_*_*_*_*_

“I told you once I had ran away from home, but you never believed that part of the story,” Mod said to Jiro.

They were sitting quietly in the dining room with a warm cup of water in front of Mod. Jiro sat in the chair next to her quietly attentive to what she was saying.

“My family would have tracked me down no matter what so I figured changing my name would be the easiest way to go,” Mod continued, “I told you my dad was in a love triangle, but the girl didn’t return his feelings. Instead she loved his best friend. I found it surprising because they were all such good friends. My dad hated them because they got married and had a kid when my dad had to marry someone he did not love.” Mod stopped and took a long breath.

“When I met Danson and after various incidents I couldn’t separate myself from him. The first time my father met him he hated Danson. It was only two months later that my mother told me my father’s story, not only his family but my family wanted to tear us apart. I’d quarrel everyday and every night with my family trying to reason with them. When father was hospitalized and almost died in a car accident after we argued I finally gave up. I broke up with Danson but I met Danson again in university and we wanted to rebuild our relationship, however when my brother found out about it he almost beat Danson to death. I was so scared and felt so guilty. I felt so bad every time I saw Danson laying in that hospital bed with his parents crying by his side...and I finally left.

“It’s not wrong to love someone even if other people are against you. Love isn’t a crime, it isn’t theft. I’m so sorry to keep holding onto you and pushing Selina away. I know you love her and you should keep on loving her. I’m so sorry. I never expected to see Danson again. I love him so much I don’t know if I can keep on living without him. I’m sorry I’ve been using you and if I keep using you.”

Jiro gave a soft smile. He knew the story, it was just at the beginning when he'd heard the story he never quite emotionally understood her. He had never realized the feeling of loving someone and now that he did he could finally understand Mod’s heartache. Loving someone from faraway does hurt and not being able to be with that person hurts even more.