Chapter 22

Ticket To Heaven

Over at Wu Chun’s place Eric and Pat had decided to avoid Wu Chun and Aaron. After chasing Selina they had gone out for a little ride around town to look for her but they had no luck. Wu Chun had become frustrated at why Selina had chosen Danson over him and that she had even brought him here. Aaron, on the other hand, remained silent as he thought things over.

“Do you think Selina and Jiro would have made up by now?” Wu Chun questioned.

Aaron, who was sitting on the long couch in front of him finally looked at him.

“She looked really hurt but then I don’t know,” Aaron replied.

Wu Chun gave a loud moan, “He doesn’t deserve her at all. I mean what’s so good about Jiro that there are two girls fighting over him? Well maybe just Mod fighting for him but then what I’m talking about is he doesn’t deserve Selina.”

Aaron sighed, “I think they should be together. They’re married after all and in a marriage there should be love. I’m pretty sure Jiro loves Selina a lot. The first time I saw them together Jiro was holding onto her hand so tightly…”

Aaron came to a stop when he noticed Wu Chun giving him that “Quit it or else” look. Aaron cleared his throat loudly.

“Sorry,” he apologized.

“Selina said Jiro works right?” Wu Chun asked.

“I don’t remember….” Aaron replied.

Wu Chun smiled, “If so, then he shouldn’t be home tomorrow morning.”

Aaron sat up to look at his friend who seemed to be planning something, “What are you thinking of doing?”

Wu Chun turned to Aaron with a glare and tossed a sofa pillow at him, “Mind your own business bimbo.”

_*_*_*_*_*_

Selina had gone straight to sleep at 9:00. She had no idea what Jiro was doing downstairs and she hoped that he was eating instead of starving himself. Selina clutched onto her pillow tightly and tried to push every other thought out of her mind but ended up failing miserably. Selina wanted to cry so badly. She didn’t want to be hurt and she didn’t want Jiro to be hurt. As she felt tears squeezing their way out of her eyes they quickly stopped when Jiro entered the room closing the door behind him. Selina lay absolutely still then felt Jiro climb onto the bed. They lay apart for a few minutes then since Selina was lying on her side she felt Jiro lean his head against her shoulder.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “I’m pretty sure you must be mad. I didn’t know how to tell you about Mod, but since I know I did wrong can you forgive me? If you’re still awake answer me.”

Selina squeezed her eyes and tightly held onto her pillow trying not to let a cry out.

Jiro hugged her tightly making Selina want to keep it that way. Assuming that she was asleep Jiro planted a kiss by her ear only to be surprised when she flung his arms off her and jumped out of bed.

A few tears streaked down her cheek and she hoped that they didn’t sparkle in the dark. Anger and sadness filled her. She knew that if she let Jiro do what he wanted she wouldn’t be able to leave him later.

“Don’t do that!” Selina shouted making her voice as smooth as possible so she wouldn’t sound as if she was crying. “You should know me a little better than that by now!”

“I didn’t mean it that way…” Jiro began. “Selina.”

“Don’t call my name,” Selina warned. “If you want to make me feel sad for you and forgive you, you can forget it! I don’t even care about a thing you do. You can go mess around with Mod and never return home! I don’t even know what I want to say right now…you can stay up here alone tonight!”

Selina quickly walked out and shut the door behind her. She entered one of the guest bedrooms and dropped on the bed.

“You said you wouldn’t cry anymore Selina!” she yelled at herself.

Jiro turned and tossed about in bed wondering what Selina had meant by what she’d said. It made him want to know if she did really care about him.

Jiro got up early in the morning and went into the kitchen planning to make breakfast but suddenly recalled Selina’s words. He remembered she had said that his food was a waste and if she wanted to eat she’d find her own food. Jiro bit his lip and decided he didn’t want breakfast.

When Selina awoke she found the house still and silent as it had been days before. She went into the kitchen with hopes that Jiro had cooked something to eat but found nothing on the table. She opened the fridge and noticed the containers packed with the food from yesterday. Suddenly she wondered if Jiro had eaten. Trying not to feel sad she took out each container, heated them up, and set them out on plates on the table.

“I’ll pretend you’re here with me,” Selina said then grabbed her spoon starting to eat the food. As she continued to eat tears welled up in her eyes and she quickly brushed them away.

After breakfast Selina cleaned the house up a little bit and as she was reorganizing some mail the there was a knock on the door. Hoping it wasn’t Mod Selina reluctantly opened the door and surprisingly found Wu Chun standing there.

“Good morning,” he greeted.

Selina opened the door a little wide, “Hi. What brings you here?”

Wu Chun smiled and pointed to inside the house. Selina opened the door and Wu Chun stepped inside. Selina turned to him after closing the door.

“Where did you go the other day?” questioned Wu Chun. Selina didn’t answer then Wu Chun added, “I hope it wasn’t too much of a shock for you.”

“I didn’t talk to Jiro because I didn’t come home that night,” Selina explained.

“You what?!” Wu Chun’s voice suddenly got loud.

Selina turned away casually and went into the kitchen to get a cup of water to drink. Wu Chun followed her noticing that she seemed different somehow.

“Would you think something if I said I spent the night at Danson’s?” questioned Selina obviously having an intention by saying that.