Chapter 13

Ticket To Heaven

“So what was that you were saying? I didn’t think I heard right,” Wu Chun said touching his ear.

Moments later after being forced to spill it out Aaron found himself sitting alone in the room. He whined and kicked the ground.

“Aaron, Aaron nice going,” he said to himself, “now Jiro will lose his easy going life and is especially pretty wife.”

Aaron almost jumped as a hand landed on his shoulder. He sat up straight and turned to see Wu Chun standing beside him.

“Sup?” Wu Chun questioned. Aaron frowned at him. “Don’t worry you don’t have to be so scared. Wipe that sweat off of your forehead.”

Aaron did as told and returned his gaze back to Wu Chun.

“So will you do one thing for me?” questioned Wu Chun.

“What?” Aaron asked.

“I’d like to meet her. You know Jiro’s beauty that he chose over Mod,” Wu Chun replied.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Jiro awoke to find Selina sitting on her side of the bed. Selina glanced at her watch.

“You’re up late,” Selina told, “hurry up and make breakfast mister.”

“What?” Jiro questioned. “No it’s your turn.”

“But you’re better with food than I am,” Selina pointed out. “You know what I like to eat right? Yea now get up!” Selina threw the covers off of Jiro.

Jiro ignored the cold wind that he felt and turned over. He felt glad hearing Selina whine and he smiled. ‘She needs me’ he thought happily.

“Jiro,” Selina said pulling at his arm. “Jiro. Come on I’m hungry.”

“Yes Mrs. Wang,” Jiro said slowly turning over intending to push her off the bed but instead ended up pinning her down on the bed with him on top.

Jiro stared down at Selina with wide opened eyes. Selina stared back up at him surprised. Jiro gulped wondering what to do next in order not to embarrass himself. Selina quickly turned to look at something else feeling embarrassment spread inside her.

“Oh the wall’s yellow,” Selina said.

Jiro turned to look at the wall, “Painted yellow. It looks nice.”

Moments later Jiro and Selina walked downstairs silently. The two of them cooked breakfast together laughing here and there. Jiro ate his plate of breakfast wholeheartedly. He felt better that Selina was feeling better. She was starting to talk a little more.

“Selina,” Jiro said, “I’m going to look for a job in the downtown district. If you go out lock the doors.”

“A job?” Selina repeated. “Ok.”

“I’ll be back in two hours or so,” Jiro told.

Selina nodded as she watched Jiro walk out of the doors. As she started on the dishes the doorbell rang. Selina quickly dried her hands and walked toward the door.

“Did you forget something?” questioned Selina as she pushed open the door her smile dropped as she saw someone else standing there.

Aaron looked back up at Selina, “Hi.” When he received no reply he asked, “Do you remember me?”

“Jiro’s friend, right?” Selina questioned.

“You got it. You can call me Aaron,” Aaron told.

“Would you like to come in?” questioned Selina.

“Oh, sure thank you,” Aaron said stepping inside.

He glanced around the house gasping at how big it was while Selina went to get something for him to drink. Aaron bit his lip remembering what he was here for. Wu Chun had somehow found this address overnight and given it to him in the morning. Aaron hated doing their dirty work, but since Wu Chun had already promised not to do anything bad Aaron had given in.

“Here’s a cup of water,” Selina said handing it to him.

“Thank you,” Aaron said feeling a little nervous.

“You can sit down,” Selina told as she took a seat.

“She’s so nice and pretty,” Aaron thought as he sat down. Noticing how hard he was gripping onto the cup he cleared his throat loudly and set it on the table.

“Jiro’s not home right now would you like to wait for him to come back?” questioned Selina.

“Oh no I…” Aaron began then grabbed the cup gulping down the water. “I…I didn’t come here for him.”

“Oh really?” Selina told. “Then what are you here for?”

“I mean…some of my friends want to meet you,” Aaron told. “Would Jiro mind if you go with me?”

Selina seemed to think for a bit then said, “He said if I wanted to leave I could and since you seem like one of his close friends it’s fine.”

“Great!” Aaron told. “Lets go now.”

“Now?” Selina asked watching Aaron stand up.

Aaron nodded, “Is it inconvenient?”

“No, not at all,” Selina told heading toward the door.

“Oh yea, where did Jiro go?” questioned Aaron as Selina slipped her shoes on.

“He went downtown,” Selina answered.

“Downtown? What for?” questioned Aaron.

“He said he wanted to get a job,” Selina replied.

“A job?” Aaron repeated then smiled. “This boy’s becoming responsible.”

Selina closed the door after her and walked down the steps. She stood on the sidewalk as Aaron walked over to his car.

“What are you waiting for?” questioned Aaron.

“Aren’t we taking a taxi?” Selina said.

Aaron smiled, “This’ll be your taxi for today and the cool thing about it is that it’s free.”

Selina looked from him to his car gasping. She quickly ran over looking at the colored car with amazement.

“Can I touch it?” she questioned.

Aaron nodded amused watching as Selina ran her long silky fingers over the surface off the car. She looked back at her own reflection and looked at the back of the car.

“It has a tail too,” she said. “This is so cool.”

Selina walked to the door and got inside the car. Aaron climbed in after her and started the engine.

“How long have you and Jiro been married?” questioned Aaron as they turned at an intersection.

“Only a few months,” Selina told and she started to talk about how she and Jiro got married. Finding the story hilarious Aaron laughed till tears dropped out of his eyes.

“Wow! I never imagined my Jiro would do that,” Aaron said, “I always thought Jiro would sleep with his girl before getting married.”

“Sleep?” Selina asked.

Aaron laughed as he pulled into a parking lot, “Forget what I said. We’re here.”

Selina looked out of the window to see a fancy restaurant standing before them.

“It looks expensive,” Selina commented.

Aaron opened the door and Selina walked in. Over by a table in the corner sat three men. Selina glanced back at Aaron becoming unsure of what was going to happen. Aaron smiled back and in no time they reached the table. Selina glanced at each of their faces as if searching for something in them.

“Hi. I’m Pat,” Pat introduced.

“Eric here,” Eric told.

The last one who looked a little cold eyed Selina closely making her feel uncomfortable that she had to shift from feet to feet.

“Wu Chun. How do you do Selina?” he questioned.

Selina stood shocked that one of them already knew her name.

“I’m good,” Selina told.

“Sit down,” Wu Chun invited.

Selina took a seat next to Aaron. As they took a seat a waitress came over and took their orders. Wu Chun started the conversation by talking about Jiro and what kind of a person he'd been before disappearing.