Chapter 29

Ticket To Heaven

Selina closed her cell phone and leaned her head against the soft cushion of the couch. Finally she was able to push the question of why Mod was wearing her clothes away.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Jiro stared down at his cell phone hoping for Selina to call him back, but she didn’t. He sighed and sat down on the bed.

“Well at least I was able to be near you again,” Jiro said aloud then looked at his cell phone again. “I’ll call her.”

_*_*_*_*_*_

Selina almost dozed off when her cell phone started ringing. She opened her eyes and glanced at her cell phone. It took her a thirty seconds to raise the cell phone up to her ear.

“Hey Selina you’re not asleep are you?” asked Danson.

“You can’t sleep?” Selina guessed.

She could hear Danson laughed gently on the other line, “Sorry if I bothered you.”

“Keep talking if you want me awake,” Selina told.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Hearing the busy tone Jiro sighed in disappointment. He found it funny that even though they were in the same house but on different levels they were communicating through cell phones. ‘Just figures we have bad communication’ Jiro thought. Right after that thought Jiro’s cell phone started ringing.

“Selina?” Jiro said as he answered flipped his cell phone open.

“It’s just me,” came Mod’s usually calm voice.

“Sorry,” Jiro apologized, “what’s wrong?”

“I can’t sleep,” Mod admitted. “Sorry if I awoke you.”

“I was always awake,” Jiro replied. “You have something to say?”

“I want to see him again,” Mod began.

“Who? That Danson guy?” Jiro asked.

“I guess you can refer to him that way,” Mod said. “Do you know if something is going on between him and Selina?”

“No,” Jiro quickly replied in his stern hard voice as he tried hard to push away the thought that something might actually be going on between them.

“Sorry for asking but I couldn’t help but wonder when Danson and Selina were together this morning.”

Jiro knew what she was talking about. He’d seen it too when Danson had suddenly grabbed Selina. He would have done something if possible but everything was too sudden. He and Mod continued to talk while downstairs Selina and Danson were in their own conversation.

Selina awoke in the morning and found a blanket over her then quickly looked around as if expecting Jiro to pop out from nowhere. She got up and walked into the kitchen to find it empty. She opened the fridge hoping to find some of Jiro’s food in there but there wasn’t anything. Sitting down she got herself cereal. She had to admit that she missed his cooking it was starting to feel like forever since she had eaten together with him.