Chapter 20

Ticket To Heaven

“I think you should already know what’s wrong,” Pat exclaimed.

“How am I supposed to know when no one tells me anything,” Jiro pointed out. “Why are you guys fighting behind my back about me?”

Eric bit his lip and turned to Jiro with a thick glare, “You want to know? How could you get married! How could you make your wife your future and forget about Mod so quickly? Didn’t she mean so much to you that you actually wanted to change for her? Didn’t you two love each other so much nothing could separate the two of you? But how come right now Selina is able to tear you and Mod apart? How did she manipulate you?! Tell me! I want to know!”

“If she’s a show girl it’d be entertaining to have her seduce me the same way she seduced you,” Pat commented.

Jiro turned to him and quickly gave him a punch on the side of the face.

“You don’t have talk like that if you want Mod to be treated fairly,” Jiro told. “You don’t know anything about her first of all and she’s never done anything to you. What gives you the right to be so angry and have all this hate for her? Tell me!”

Pat turned back to Jiro and rolled his eyes mockingly.

“Do you understand Mod’s current situation?” asked Eric. “Do you know how hurt she is?”

“Look there are some things about Mod that you don’t know so don’t be assuming that you’re always right,” Jiro stated.

“When did I say I’m assuming? I know I am,” Eric told. “She’s been with us for so many years, how am I supposed to not know anything about her?!”

“Then tell me do you know her past? You know nothing about it,” Jiro said. “The only thing you seek is your own happiness. You don’t understand.”

“No you don’t understand!” Eric retorted. “Yea, I don’t know anything about her past but I’ve never wanted to pester her about it. But if you say you do love your wife and you do mean it then why don’t you tell her about Mod? Tell her the truth about Mod! Tell her about you and Mod! Tell her you planned on marrying Mod first but in the end you ended up with the wrong woman! Tell her that! Tell her you love Mod!”  

_*_*_*_*_*_

When Jiro didn’t return Selina sat down on the couch staring at her hand phone. She sighed as she leaned back, she wanted to know more about Mod. Before she felt she didn’t need to know but after Jiro didn’t show up to meet her and after she had met Aaron with that same attitude again curiosity was growing within her. Her mind filled with questions. She sat around for an hour or so and finally got tired of waiting. Selina stood up from her chair and made a quick call to Danson who arrived at the house minutes later.

“Sorry to bother you again,” Selina apologized.

“I have a lot of spare time on my hands, don’t worry,” Danson assured.

Selina gave a small smile then got into Danson’s car.

“Where are we off to now?” questioned Danson.

Along the way Selina gave him the directions to Wu Chun’s place. Having been there twice she was pretty sure she remembered the way. They finally arrived in front of Wu Chun’s house minutes later. Danson parked his car a in Wu Chun’s parking lot and turned to her.

“I’ll go in myself. Wait for me here ok?” Selina told Danson.

“Are you sure?” Danson asked. “I mean wouldn’t it be safer for a guy to go in with a girl?”

Selina wanted to laugh but forced a smile in its place, “No, it’s perfectly fine. I’ll be out shortly.”

Danson nodded and watched as Selina walked into the large house. The big hallway seemed so empty when there was nothing around except for huge pictures of sceneries. Selina glanced at them amazed wondering how Wu Chun had gotten them. She continued walking and turned down the hallways feeling more like she was taking a short adventure than going there for a purpose. As she made a left she heard loud voices which would easily lead her to them. Wondering who it could be Selina headed towards the noise and stopped in front of an open room. She didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but when she had heard her name she listened as they argued about Mod’s current situation.

“What about her situation?” she asked herself in a quiet whisper.

As they went on she felt her heart stop as Eric blurted out about Jiro planning to marry Mod first. Jiro didn’t reply back. Jiro had married the wrong woman. The wrong woman had taken Mod’s spot. The wrong woman had stolen everything. Without being aware Selina had taken a step in front of the doorway peering into the room. Aaron was the first to turn and shock hit his face.

“Selina,” Wu Chun said as he turned following Aaron’s gaze.

Jiro turned. He seemed the most startled out of the rest. Eric and Pat gazed at her as if she didn’t matter at all but Selina didn’t care about that, her gaze was only on Jiro. Jiro her husband. Jiro the man she married. Jiro whom she had disliked. Jiro whom she had come to have feelings for. Jiro the man who deceived her. Had he deceived her? Yes he had. He’d never told her the truth about himself and she had to hear it from someone else’s mouth. Selina’s mouth began to open but then she heard a door open and a woman who was known as Mod walk out.

“Are you guys done talking now?” she asked cheerfully. She looked as if nothing had happened to her at all that morning.

When Jiro didn’t turn to look at her she followed his eyes to find Selina standing by the doorway.

“Who is she?” Mod asked loudly.

Eric glanced at Jiro but Pat seemed the most entertained.

“Why don’t you spill the truth Jiro? There’s no point in lying and hiding anymore. I think both girls deserve the truth, besides the one who’ll be more hurt is standing beside you,” Pat told.

Selina stared at Jiro and only Jiro. It felt as if the world was only revolving around them. Selina gulped.

Jiro stared at Selina lost. He could feel himself drowning in the guilt he possessed for both ladies. Selina needed to know and he knew that, but now wasn’t the time for Mod to know.

“Mod…” Jiro began. “I lied. I’m sorry.”

“What do you mean?” asked Mod her happy face quickly dissolved. “You’re sorry for what?”

Jiro stared at the ground then moved his eyes up to Selina’s stern eyes. He’d never seen her look at him like that before and it made him feel worse.

“I didn’t go to Hong Kong,” Jiro told. “I had an accident…she saved me and we got married. My wife, Selina.”

Mod could feel her knees bend and feel herself fall but that was what she was only seeing in her head. She turned to look at Selina. Lies. Lies. Lies.