Chapter 23

Ticket To Heaven

Wu Chun stared at her, “You’re joking with me right?”

“About a matter like that do you think I would?” asked Selina as she set the cup of water on the table. She was about to sit down, but Wu Chun grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the chair.

“Did you and Jiro fight? Why do you seem so cold?” questioned Wu Chun.

Selina didn’t answer but try to take his hand off her arm.

“Selina,” Wu Chun said, “hey look, I know you’re married but when I said that when a person can’t help being attracted to another person I meant it.”

Selina stared back at him and said in an annoyed tone, “What are you talking about?”

Wu Chun stared back at her hesitating a few times, “Don’t hang around with Danson anymore. I don’t like him.”

Selina pulled herself away from him, “I’ll take that into consideration but Danson’s my friend not yours.”

“I know that,” Wu Chun replied.

“If you know that then why do you keep pestering me about Danson?” Selina tried.

“You didn’t do anything with him? He didn’t force you to do anything?” Wu Chun suspiciously asked.

“Why is it your problem if we did anything or not? I’m going to go out, I suggest you leave too,” Selina advised and turned around to walk off.

Without thinking Wu Chun hurried after her and spun her around and Selina found herself looking up into his face. They were so close that she could feel his breath on her face.

“I think I like you,” Wu Chun said quietly.

Selina looked up at him with wonder in her eyes. What she didn’t notice was that someone else had entered the house. At the angle at where the person was standing it looked as if Selina and Wu Chun were making out. Selina turned to look at the ground and stepped away from him and that was when she noticed Jiro standing there. Her eyes grew wide as she gasped his name. Wu Chun turned around slowly to see him there but remained calm at Jiro’s glare.

“What are you doing?” questioned Jiro angrily.

Wu Chun smiled, “What does it look like?”

Jiro rushed toward Wu Chun and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

“Whatever you were doing to her I swear I’ll get my hands on your throat!” Jiro threatened.

Selina frowned and pushed Jiro away so that she was standing in front of Wu Chun. Jiro stared back at her with that sort of angry and confused look.

“Why are you defending him?” Jiro questioned.

“I would have defended Wu Chun but I’m not defending anyone right now,” Selina responded. “Get this simple fact in your head that I don’t want this house to be a battle zone.”

“Where did you go the other day?” asked Jiro.

Selina didn’t answer.  

“Why would you care?” Wu Chun questioned in defense of Selina. “If she had a one night stand with another man would you even care at all?”

Jiro turned with a harsh glare at Wu Chun then turned to Selina.

“A one night stand?” repeated Jiro. “Tell me the truth Selina we don’t need to hear it from someone who’s from the outside.”

As Wu Chun rolled his eyes Selina could only wonder how worse this situation could become.

“I’ve heard the truth from an outsider’s mouth when you didn’t talk,” Selina pointed out.

Jiro seemed to be taken aback, “Just tell me. I want to hear it from you.”

Selina looked away in refusal until Jiro grabbed her wrist. Wu Chun stepped forward and pulled Jiro’s grip off of Selina.

“You don’t need to resort to violence on your wife do you?” questioned Wu Chun. “Or is this what she’s been living with these past few days?”

“You don’t know anything so don’t say anything,” Jiro demanded.

“Why don’t you just tell him you were with Danson?” Wu Chun asked Selina.

‘Oh great! Just what I wanted’ Selina thought sarcastically to herself.

Jiro turned to her with a questioning expression, “Danson? Who’s Danson?”

Before Selina could answer Wu Chun interrupted, “The night you stood her up she was with him when Aaron and I found her.”

Jiro turned to Selina, “A one night stand? Where did you go with him?”

Selina stared at Jiro hard, but on the inside she felt her heart sinking deeper and deeper.

“Possibly if you were with Mod can’t I be with someone I trust? Is it wrong?” Selina questioned suddenly regreat doing so.

“Don’t turn this around to Mod,” Jiro ordered. “She has nothing to do with this right now.”

Selina tried to bite back her anger, “Protecting her huh? That’s really nice of you.”

“I never gave you permission to go with another man,” Jiro told, “possibly even be making out with another man in our house. How many guys do you have? 5? 10?”

Selina looked up at him trying to hold back the tears, “That’s how you think of me? I see now what Aaron and Wu Chun has been warning me about. So your true color has finally shown.”

Jiro glared at Selina, “Get him over here. I want to speak to him.”

Selina looked at Jiro, “Who?”

“Danson,” Jiro replied.

He glanced over at the table where Selina’s cell phone was and grabbed it going through her contacts. Seeing Danson’s name he quickly clicked on it.

“Danson? I think it’d be nice to have you come over since my wife wants to see you so much. I think you know where we live,” Jiro told and hung up.

Selina snatched the phone away from him, “You have no right to do that!”

“I don’t?” Jiro questioned. “I bought you the phone didn’t I?”

“I never asked for it! I would have done just fine without it, I never asked for anything from you ever!” Selina shouted.

“You didn’t? Think it over Selina you asked to come here to Taipei,” Jiro reminded.

Selina wanted to slap him but held herself back, “Sure…why not huh? I’m the culprit here. I’m the one at fault. I’m the one who’s been playing around behind your back. Yell at me since you have so much power that you can control me. Since I’ll have to live under your power why don’t you go out and go see Mod right now? I think she’ll be crying for you right now.”