Chapter 28

Ticket To Heaven

“I wasn’t prepared to talk to her so I apologize about doing what I did,” Danson told.

Selina had just heard his summarized version of his story.

“What are you going to do now?” questioned Selina.

“I don’t know,” Danson replied. “But I’m pretty sure that I don’t want us to get close again.”

“What do you mean?” asked Selina unsure.

“I’m not sure if I want her back,” Danson told. “I’m pretty sure that she’s very much in love with Jiro.”

Selina turned her face away from Danson. That was right. Was it possible they did something? Why was Mod in her clothes? It just didn’t seem right. It was Selina’s clothes and Mod didn’t have the right to touch her clothes.

“Are you going to go back home?” questioned Danson.

“I really have no choice,” Selina quickly answered then paused. “I’ve been bothering you for long enough already. I should give you some space.”

Danson smiled, “If you say so but feel free to call me anytime.”

As his car began to run again Selina began to dread going back. It had probably been hours before they had made their way back but as cold and lame as the day was the sun also refused to show up. The sky began to darken very quickly by the time they got back as Danson’s car came to a stop by Selina’s house. She inhaled deeply as she turned to see the lights were on inside. Thanking Danson Selina made her way out of his car and into her house.

It was all quiet as usual but Selina didn’t mind at all. Selina made her way toward the stairs. When Selina opened the door she gave a small shriek and quickly shut the door. She hadn’t expected Jiro to be up here.

Jiro quickly zipped his pants and pulled on a shirt and opened the door to find Selina standing there, her back to the door. Just as Selina hadn’t expected him to be in there Jiro hadn’t expected her to make her way up to the room first thing when she got home. Seeing her stand there gave Jiro a bit of joy but he felt awkward in a way since he hadn’t been in any of these funny situations for a while.

“Sorry about that,” Jiro apologized.

Selina turned around pushing him aside and walked into the room. She wanted to snap at him but something was pulling at her to just ignore him. She had to remember to distance herself. Recalling the morning incident when she had found Mod in her clothes Selina glanced around the room to see that everything was still in place. She started to take of her jacket when she felt a pull from behind her.

“I’ll put it away for you,” Jiro offered.

Selina glared at him pulling back, “I can do it myself.”

“I said I’ll do it,” Jiro said pulling it back.

Selina bit her lip and pulled it back and soon they engaged into a tug of war battle. With Jiro pulling too hard on the last tug Selina felt herself being flung forward. She landed flat on the ground with Jiro’s arm under her chin. Feeling a little pain on her forehead Selina stood up slowly feeling dizzy at the same time. Almost losing her balance Jiro quickly reached out and grabbed her arm.

“Are you ok?” Jiro questioned.

Selina slowly nodded as she looked up and regretted doing so right away. Their eyes locked quickly and Selina could not force herself to dart her eyes elsewhere. Jiro’s eyes seemed so passionate as he lowered himself for a kiss. Selina let herself stand still as she felt his kisses knowing she wouldn’t be receiving one for another long while. Moments and moments passed by when Jiro finally released her making Selina wish he had not done so. She lowered her gaze to the ground.

“Selina…” he began, but Selina had walked passed him and headed down the stairs avoiding his explanation for that morning about Mod borrowing her clothes.

Selina walked into the living room and curled up on the long couch. She hugged herself in silence for a few minutes until she heard a small noise. She turned to see the small light on her cell phone shining different colors. She finally remembered that she hadn’t brought it with her when she had gone out then guessed that probably Jiro had set it there for her. Selina extended out her arm and grabbed her cell phone off of the table. Flipping it open Selina read a quick message.

“Sorry Mod came over this morning all drenched so I let her borrow your clothes. Anyway, I’m glad you came home.” - - Jiro.