Chapter 33

Ticket To Heaven

During the day Selina found herself anticipating this surprise Jiro had mentioned. When there was a knock on the door Selina rushed to open it forgetting her decision of being cold to Jiro. Maybe it was because Jiro had said they’d go back to live with her grandparents to enjoy the once quiet life they had. Hearing those words had given Selina a jolt of happiness.

“Oh Danson,” Selina said when she had opened the door.

“It’s just me,” Danson told as he stepped inside the house.

“I’ll get you something to drink. You can sit down first,” Selina offered and disappeared into the kitchen then came back with a glass of water.

When Selina sat down by him Danson finally talked.

“I’ve decided to leave,” Danson said.

“To where?” Selina questioned.

“I thought a lot last night I barely slept,” Danson admitted, “I’m going to head back to Australia.”

“Why?” Selina asked. “To look for your family? So you’re leaving Mod…I mean Tyra just like this? Danson…”

“No,” Danson cut her off. “I’m feeling tired. I guess I’ve been trying to run away from everything, maybe it’s time I try to face reality again.”

Selina stayed silent then smiled at him, “Yea. Go and find your new beginning but we gotta stay in contact.”

“I’ll call you when I reach Australia,” Danson promised. “I leave the day after tomorrow…but I don’t want anyone to send me off. Don’t tell anyone ok?”

“Sure,” Selina promised. “Thanks for helping me cope with my problems. You’re really a savior.”

“You were mine too. Think of that, Selina the Savior,” Danson said and they both laughed. “I guess I’ll make a move now.”

Selina stood up to find Danson only a few feet away from her when she called out his name.

“I forgot to give you something,” Danson said suddenly remembering, but as he took a step forward while fishing for something in his pocket he suddenly tripped falling forward.

Selina gave a shout as she landed back on the sofa only to find Danson over her. They were complete silent. The only thing they could hear was the breathing coming from the other person. Selina felt frozen as Danson confusingly placed a kiss on her face.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Holding a paper bag filled with food Mod walked through the door that Jiro had silently opened. He had already told her over and over to be quiet so that Selina wouldn’t know they were there. As Mod walked toward the living room she paused suddenly letting the bag drop from her hand to the ground. Alert Jiro quickly ran in only to witness Danson kiss his wife.

As the bag dropped Danson quickly turned like he had just awoken from being hypnotized.

“Jiro,” Selina quickly said her heart beating fast. She sat up quickly her forehead knocking into Danson. “Ow!” Selina moved back rubbing her forehead.

As heavy footsteps disappeared out the door Selina, hand on her forehead, turned to see Mod staring at them disbelievingly. She had tears in her eyes Selina knew.

Mod gave a small laugh as tears gushed from her eyes, “So much for giving you a surprise. What I see is what I get.”

Danson made a move to get up as Mod walked out the door but stopped himself. Selina watched his dark frown realizing at last that he was just running away from Mod.

“Go after her,” Selina urged.

Danson turned to look at her like he was surprised.  

“It’s no use,” Danson gave up.

“You’re the one who’s no use,” Selina pointed out, “you’re trying to ignore her when all you want is just to have her back. You haven’t tried a thing to try to make your life happier. I really think that now is the time for you to find reality. Mod…Tyra is still waiting for you just like you’ve been waiting for her.”

“What about you?” Danson questioned.

“I’m fine. I’ll do just fine.” Selina replied.

Danson looked at Selina again and bolted out the door.

Selina stared at the silence knowing what had happened was the biggest mistake that had ever happened.

“He’ll probably never forgive me,” Selina told herself.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Jiro was walking down the streets his mind clouded with what had just happened. Instead of giving Selina a surprise she had given him the surprise. If only maybe he had gone back earlier or if only they had left earlier. He felt disappointed in Selina. He had tried so hard in planning and thinking of ways to revive their once happy relationship, but still he ended up failing miserably. Would he and Selina still be together? Everything that was going on was pulling them apart slowly…painfully. Would they ever be happy together again?

Tears…he wanted tears to come…but he had never ever cried…not once since he had left home. He envied Selina in the way that she was always able to let her tears out freely when his never came. He was mad at her but he had no way of showing it. He had never wanted to harm her in any way and he had never wanted to force her into doing anything. How would he express himself around her now? How would he be able to speak to her? How would he be able to look at her without thinking of Danson? Did Selina even care? Or did she and Danson really…no. Jiro forced himself to stay away from negative thoughts. Should he even go back tonight? Maybe he shouldn’t, besides there were nights when Selina never returned home. ‘I have no where else to stay though…Mod is a last resort and I don’t things to get worse with me staying at her place. Anyway she’s still clinging onto that man.’ Jiro pointed out to himself. He sighed knowing he’d have to strengthen himself up in the next few hours before heading back.