Chapter 24

Ticket To Heaven

“Selina!” Jiro shouted.

“Hey! Don’t raise your voice at her!” Wu Chun ordered. “From what I see Selina’s the innocent one. You’re the one who should be at fault.”

“I told you not to interfere,” Jiro snapped at Wu Chun.

“I will not stand back and watch Selina be bullied by you, the man who claimed he loves her,” Wu Chun told. “Don’t tell me that Pat and Eric’s words got to you. Didn’t you hear how much they insulted your wife? Did you not care at all? When Selina was crying did you notice? Tell me, did you?”

Jiro turned from Wu Chun to Selina who looked away.

“I did tell you that if you don’t want to take responsibility for her anymore I will and I will give her what you can’t,” Wu Chun protested.

Just then the door opened and Danson stepped in. When Selina saw him she felt even worse knowing that she’d be dragging him into this and she had only known him for a few days.

Jiro watched as Danson walked over.

“What’s going on?” Danson questioned. “Hey Selina what was the call for?”

“I called,” Jiro told.

Danson turned to him, “You must be Jiro. Nice to meet you.”

“Don’t try to act nice. I didn’t call you here to make friends with you,” Jiro muttered.

Danson looked at Selina who weakly looked back and right away Danson knew they had argued again. He looked at Wu Chun wondering what role Wu Chun was taking.

“Go on,” Danson told coolly.

“Why was my wife with you? What did you two do and where were you? Tell me the truth. Since Selina refuses to tell me herself I’d like to hear it from you,” Jiro explained.

Danson turned to Selina who didn’t give him any gestures that it was ok. Danson bit his lip wondering what to say.

“I just took her to the beach so she’d feel a little better,” Danson replied.

“That’s all?” questioned Jiro. “For a whole night?”

“She spent the night at my house,” Danson told honestly and as he did Jiro sent his fist into Danson’s face. Selina gave a loud gasp and tried to hurry over to Danson but Wu Chun pushed her back. When she looked at him Wu Chun shook his head no.

“Jiro stop it! Danson didn’t do anything! I suggested to go over! Ok? Are you satisfied now? Don’t hit him!” Selina felt herself growing frantic.

“You what?! You decided to go…how could you? When you have a home to return to!” Jiro yelled.

This time Selina let her thousand tears drip down her face, “Why would I want to come back when I know I’d see your face? Why would I want to come home? When I know we would only argue the next day. Why would I want to come back to see you? When I feel all this misery, what are you feeling? Maybe happiness or the love that you’re receiving from Mod. Is it wrong for me to want to get away? You’ve been away longer than I have. So why is it all my fault?”

“Selina! That is not what I’m talking about!” Jiro told.

Danson glanced over at Selina noticing how frustrated she must be. Deciding it’d be best to get her out of there he quickly grabbed Selina’s hand and they walked out of the house. Jiro and Wu Chun followed them only to find that Selina had entered his car willingly and soon Danson’s car was already speeding down the street.

“Why did you come back?” Wu Chun questioned Jiro.

Jiro turned around to face Wu Chun and walked passed him with a shove. As the door to the house slammed shut Wu Chun started down the stairs to his car starting down the street. The only thing on his mind was worry for Selina.

_*_*_*_*_*_

After her free tears had fallen Selina smoothed back her hair staring out the open window letting the wind whip her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red but she could care less. This was just a step to bringing her back to the countryside.

As Danson parked the car he said, “We’re here.”

Selina jolted out from her thoughts and looked around. They were surrounded by a large corn field. Tractors, machines, a warehouse, and a large house stood in front of them. The sky had dark clouds floating around as a warning that a storm would be coming.

“What’s here?” questioned Selina.

Danson moved his head toward the house, “This is where my grandparents live. I lived with them when I first came to Taipei. Come on they’re really nice people.”