Chapter 31

Ticket To Heaven

Aaron and Selina shot their gaze at Danson. Aaron became quickly confused and Selina immediately knew that that line would cause Jiro to take it the wrong way. She could feel his stare at her become a little frown.

Mod dropped her earlier face expression and glanced at Jiro then at Selina.

“Selina…and you…” Mod repeated.

“Yea you finally got it right,” Danson said. “You got Jiro and I got Selina.”

“What are you talking about?” Jiro questioned turning his glare to Danson.

Selina pressed her lips knowing Danson just wanted to be cold to push Mod off.

“Danson…” Selina began.

“Don’t call his name!” Jiro said loudly.

Selina glanced at Jiro a little frightened at his anger. Aaron glanced at Danson, Mod, Jiro, and Selina feeling a little lost.

“Hey I don’t think you need to raise your voice like that,” Aaron pointed out.

“Why are you with them anyway?” Jiro questioned.

“It’s not wrong,” Aaron told.

Jiro bit his lip and turned to look at Mod.

“You should go. Just forget him,” Jiro suggested.

Selina stared at his worry for Mod starting to feel her heartbeat stop. Jiro suddenly turned to look at her and Selina removed her gaze. She gulped as her eyes landed on Aaron who stared back at her unsurely.

“I think we should go,” Aaron whispered.

Selina barely managed to hear him. When she caught what he was saying she turned to Danson and tugged on his sleeve. Danson who seemed frustrated turned to look at her.

“Lets go,” Selina said.

Selina could see Danson turn his head a little to look back at Mod then grabbed her wrist gently and led her away. Aaron stared back at Jiro and Mod then made his way after the other two following them from block to block finally deciding to break the silence that bothered him.

“I think we can stop now,” Aaron pointed out and Danson came to a stop ahead finally letting go of Selina’s wrist.

Aaron watched Danson and Selina stare at the ground as if in deep despair.

Danson looked up from the ground and glanced at Aaron and Selina, “I’m going to go home. I’ll give you a ride before I go.”

“I…I want to roam around before going back,” Selina replied. “Go ahead. Drive safely.”

“Bye,” Aaron said and watched as Danson walked away from them. He turned to Selina, “You ok?”

Selina took a breath, “I’ll tell you a lie if you ask.”

Aaron followed Selina as she walked on.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Jiro and Mod were left standing alone in the midst of the crowd.

“I want to be left alone Jiro.”  

“Will you be ok?” questioned Jiro.

“I’ll be fine, really.” Mod assured.

Jiro pressed his lips together and turned to walk away. He sighed wondering if he should make his way home first but decided not to. He wanted Selina to wait for him. He wanted her to be home before he would be. He felt angry when he replayed the thought of Danson leading Selina away. Danson shouldn’t touch her, no one should. As Jiro had promised before he’d do anything to keep Selina with him.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Mod felt crushed inside. Seeing Danson with someone else made her wonder if he had moved on easily during all those years. On the other hand she wondered why he had treated her so cold. Even if he had moved on he shouldn’t be treating her that way. Mod would still want to apologize for leaving without saying bye...only if someone would give her a chance to. Unconsciously her legs were moving her away from the night market.

_*_*_*_*_*_

“Wait, what? Mod and Danson?” Aaron questioned loudly that the few people who were walking pass turned to look at them.

Selina turned to Aaron and nodded. She found that though Aaron was dumbfounded most of the time he was also a smart, wise, and kind person. A person she felt she could trust more than Wu Chun.

“It’s a long story but that’s the best I could do to summarize it,” replied Selina then rubbed her forehead.

“Are you sick?” questioned Aaron.

“I’m fine,” Selina told then thought silently to herself for a moment.

“Selina?” Aaron asked worried.

Selina smiled softly, “If I tell you something can you keep it a secret? I mean never tell anyone about it because only you will know about it.”

Aaron studied Selina’s face for a long moment then nodded, “Sure I promise.”

“I…I’ll be going back to my home,” Selina told. “And I’ll be going alone.”

“What?! Why?” questioned Aaron.

Selina ignored him and continued, “I only came here to see if I could fix my hearing problem, Aaron I’m going deaf.” Aaron could see that Selina’s eyes were watery. “Before I go I want to stay with Jiro for a while. I want to be able to hear his voice so I can remember it when I leave. You know I never liked him before because when we got married I was still dating someone but he was always there, he always cared, and he was the only I could rely on.”

“What about now?” Aaron asked. “How do you feel about him now?”

A tear dropped down Selina’s face as she gave her answer, “I think I love him.”

Aaron could feel his heart melt for her, “They why do you want to leave?”

“I’m just someone with a bad past and no talent, it’s not worth staying with me.” Selina told. “I mean it. Jiro deserves so much better than this because I can’t give him anything right now. He’s beginning to move on without me and we don’t even talk anymore.”

“But you love him. He loves you,” Aaron tried.

Selina just gave a smile, “It’ll be hard for you to understand me.”

And before him Aaron witnessed Selina tear apart. Just watching her Aaron felt as if he could already feel the pain she was going through. Aaron moved forward and gave Selina a hug patting her back.