Chapter 26

Ticket To Heaven

“What are you doing out here?” questioned Danson suddenly appearing.

Selina looked up to find him dripping wet and quickly hid the picture into her pocket.

“I just wanted to sit alone,” Selina answered.

“Out here? Well I guess it is kinda dark and quiet out here,” Danson muttered. “Why are you here?”

“Just thinking,” Selina replied.

“Don’t mind my grandparents. They’re a little odd…” Danson said taking a seat next to Selina on the hay pile.

Selina laughed, “I find what they say helpful. It is true, the only thing is that we don’t really love each other.”

Danson moved his head forward and looked at Selina, “Are you sure? You look like you’re really in love.”

“I’m not going to hang onto him,” Selina replied.

“So what? You’re letting Mod take that place?” questioned Danson. “Wasn’t he a little jealous earlier? Doesn’t that show that he still cares?”

“Even if he does care a little bit what difference does that make?” asked Selina. “Anyway I’m going to go back home.”

“You’re going back?” Danson asked. “Why?”

“After Mod and Jiro make up they can stay here together so I can leave quietly,” Selina said. “This is a secret between you and me.”

Danson made no sound and turned to look at the rain pouring in front of them.

“You still love her don’t you?” Selina asked.

Danson didn’t reply.

“Could you tell me her name?” questioned Selina.

“Tyra,” Danson replied.

Tyra…Mod…Tyra…Mod…Tyra…Mod. Two different names…how come? Why would her name change?

“You’ve never seen Mod have you?” Selina asked.

“I don’t think so,” Danson replied. “Hey, what’s with these questions?”

Selina was silent for a minute or so, “I’m sorry, I sort of read through your journal but I only read a page so don’t get mad. It was on your desk and I was curious.”

“It’s alright it doesn’t even matter,” Danson shurgged. “That was years ago…”

Selina noticed the disappointment and sadness in his tone.

“You still love her very much, I know you do.”

Danson shrugged, “It doesn’t matter right? I think it’s just the same way as your situation. You want to forget it and I want to forget it.”

“Have you tried looking for her?” Selina needed to know. Danson shook his head. “Have you ever thought of looking for her?”

“I haven’t had the heart to try,” Danson replied. “Could we stop talking about her?”

Selina sat silently then took out the picture, “I’m sure that Mod looks like her.”

Danson stared at Selina and she could see that Danson did not believe her. Selina gulped uncertain if what she was doing was right.

“Don’t lie to me,” Danson warned.

Selina wanted to get mad but she couldn’t, “Why would I lie? Would lying to you about this amuse me? You think it would? Danson I barely know you and you barely know me but you’ve been doing so much for me! I’m not even sure if I should be saying this but I’m sure she is Mod! I am sure!”

Danson stared at the picture silently and Selina thought she could see his eyes glitter.

“If you love her go look for her.” Selina urged again.

Danson turned away, “You can show me to her, but I don’t know if I can believe that. Tyra can’t be in Taipei.”

After spending the night thinking things over Selina finally fell asleep some time after midnight. However Danson stayed up all night wondering if Mod ,who loves Jiro, could possibly be Tyra? If she was what would happen then? Did she really move on? Did she really love Jiro? Did she forget all about him? If she wasn’t Tyra then that would be a big relief, but something kept edging him. He had never seen Mod. If Mod was Tyra then Tyra had caused a lot of pain.

In the morning after breakfast Selina bid farewell to Danson’s grandparents and they were on their way back to the city. During the ride was the first time Danson did not speak a word to her.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Jiro awoke when he heard knocking on the door sometime around 6. Assuming it was Selina he quickly jumped out of the room and toward the door only to find Mod soaking wet standing by the door step.