Chapter 32

Ticket To Heaven

An hour later Aaron watched as Selina walked away. Not telling anyone about what Selina had just told him would be hard especially if Wu Chun suspected something. Aaron could feel his heart go out to Selina. True Aaron did like her but he also respected her as Jiro’s wife and he was never the aggressive type to go after something he wanted. Still inside Aaron vowed he’d do anything to lessen Selina’s problems.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Selina stopped in front of the steps to her house when she noticed someone sitting on the steps. As Selina neared she recognized the figure. Mod, who had her arms around herself, looked up.

“I didn’t realize I was here until a while ago,” Mod told.

Selina continued to stare down at her and walked up to the steps then unlocked her door.

Turning halfway around Selina said, “Come in.”

Mod found herself sitting in the kitchen at the table 5 minutes later while Selina poured a cup of water for her.

“It looks like Danson is doing good,” Mod commented.

“If that’s what you think,” Selina replied with no emotion in her voice.

“Are you two together?” asked Mod.

Selina was silent for a while, “Does it look like that?”

“Yea,” Mod replied truthfully, yet felt hurt.

“What you get is what you see,” Selina replied.

Mod ignored Selina attitude and went on, “To be honest I hope you two are just putting on an act. You know Jiro cares for you so much it looks like he’s losing himself every time he sees you with another guy.”

Selina remained silent.

“I’m saying he still loves you. He talks about you all the time,” Mod continued.

“Drink up,” Selina said placing the cup of water in front of Mod. “I’ll be upstairs if you need anything.”

Mod stared at the cup of water in front of her silently as she listened to Selina’s footsteps move up the stairs then disappear.

Selina sat in her bedroom staring at the clock. As thirty minutes passed by Selina decided to return downstairs. Coincidentally as she reached the bottom of the stairs the door opened and closed. She turned to see Jiro standing at the doorway. Even from where she was standing she could see those bags under his eyes.

“I’ll get you some water,” Selina told and walked into the kitchen.

Jiro followed after her slowly. He felt exhausted himself after walking around in the dark.

Selina trailed off into her thoughts hoping that Jiro wouldn’t notice that she was feeling nervous.

“Selina?” Jiro called.  
 
Selina hadn’t heard him call her name but came out of her thoughts when hearing his dim voice. Selina turned to look at him with her red eyes.

Jiro’s expression suddenly turned into a worried face, “Were you crying?”

Selina looked away to find that the cup was overfilled with water. She quickly put down the water and jumped back as water spilled over the counter and onto the ground. Selina grabbed a bunch of towels and started to wipe the spill. Jiro knelt down on the ground to help her also. They paused as Jiro’s hand landed on hers. As Jiro glanced up at Selina she slowly removed her hand from under his and stood up.

“You should take better care of yourself,” Selina told then began to walk away.

Jiro stared at the wet towels on the ground and hurried after Selina.

“I want to hug you,” he said quietly as he threw his arms around her from behind and rested his head on her shoulder. “Selina lets go back to live with your grandparents.”

Selina turned her head so that both their cheeks came in contact and flashed him a smile which she hoped convinced him.

Selina awoke in the morning and sat up to find that Jiro was gone. Throughout the whole night Selina had felt his arms tightly wrapped around her. Turning toward the night table she found a note laying on the table and written on it was a small message that Jiro would be back with a surprise. Selina set the note down on the table and headed downstairs to find a plate of food set on the table. Immediately Selina found herself smiling and quickly gulped down the meal.

_*_*_*_*_*_

When the doorbell rang Mod opened the door and as expected Jiro was standing there with a big grin attached to his face.

“Now can you tell me why you were so excited earlier?” Mod questioned.

Jiro laughed, “Come on lets hurry.”

Mod rolled her eyes and shut the door behind her as she followed Jiro out and down the stairs.

“Ok so tell me your plan,” Mod said impatiently.

As they entered a grocery store and headed down the frozen food aisle Jiro finally began to explain.

“I want to have a small farewell thingy,” Jiro said. “Maybe you and Selina can get to know each other a little before we leave.”

“Who’s we?” Mod questioned.

“Selina and I decided to go back to her hometown,” Jiro explained.

Mod felt a rush of sadness hit her. Who else would she have to depend on when Jiro was gone? No one was as helpful as he was. Though Pat and Eric were always on her side she knew was only because they had a small liking toward her in the past. They would never help her the way Jiro would she couldn’t lean on them like she leaned on Jiro.

“Where’s that?” Mod asked. “In Hong Kong?”

Jiro quickly caught the angry tone in her voice.

Mod looked away, “Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. I know that’s what you told me when I first asked…I didn’t mean it that way.”

Jiro smiled patiently as he picked up some stuff, “Maybe Selina will help you get back with Danson. Afterall I’m pretty sure they’re just friends.”