CLUELESS

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

Amber curses inwardly. Once she retrieves her precious Rubik Cube, she will find the culprit. Whoever it is that stole her toy and placed it in such a precarious place will receive hell from her. She not short, but she not that tall either, which places her in the situation that she is now currently in. Standing on her tip toes she reaches up toward the top of one of the tallest cupboard in the company.

She can almost reach the top, just only inches away, but she’s just a little too short. With all her determination she leaps, her fingertips touches the cold plastic of the cube, but instead of grasping it in her hand, she pushes it further in. She lands back on the ground, almost twisting her delicate ankle in the process, “Oh my goodness! Whoever did this to me will died!

Flusters she gently bang her head on the cold metal of the cabinet, she didn’t really want to hurt herself. That was when she felt a presence behind her. A warm hand rests on her shoulder. The familiar scent of soap wafts into her nose and she knew immediately who it is. His tall lanky body cast shadow over her and within second her precious Rubik Cube was place in front of her face, “You should have asked for help.” His deep, rich voice echoes in her ears, as he spins her around to face him. He smirks, “Or uses a chair.”

He smiles at her and for a split second Amber thought that there’s this light glowing around him. She shakes her head and blinks a few times, “A chair! Why didn’t I think of that before?” She smacks her forehead with the palm of her hand.

He laughs, a musical laughs. He reaches for her hand, turns it over and places the cube onto her palm. He uses his large warm hand to curl her palm around the cube. With his one hand still remains around the hand that she has the cube in, he ruffles her hair with his free hand, “Silly!”

“Kris!” she pushes the hand that ruffles her hair away from her head with a huff. She scowls at him. “You’re messing up my hairdo, but thank you for helping!” She turns to walk away, but he didn’t let go of her hand, perplex she turns around. Her brows arch upward with curiosity, “What is it?” She looks at the hand that he held and then back at his face, tilting her head to the side.

With wide eyes, he let go of her hand. He rubs the back of his neck. “Err... I was wonder if you want to play basketball later on?”

“Basketball?” she taps her chin with her index finger. “Sure, you roundup the players and while you’re doing that I will be looking for the culprit that thinks it’s funny to play trick on me.” She gave him a toothy grin, spun around and ran down the hallway in search of the culprit.

As soon as Amber disappears around the corner Kris covers his face with his hands and mumbles words that he could only hear, “I only wanted to play with you though.”