SHADOW

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

She sat cross legged on the ground under the tree as she watched him. She hoped that the shadow of the tree would hide her presence. He sat on a bench across the street. His guitar case opened; there was some money in it. His long slender fingers moved with lithe across the neck of the acoustic guitar with one hand and strumming the notes with the others. The cool early summer breeze blew by and she watched as his raven coloured silk like hair being caught up in it. 


She closed her eyes when he opened his mouth, parting those beautiful lips to let out the most beautiful voice she ever heard. She closed her eyes and listen.

He sang about how hard it was for him to express the feeling of his heart, how he wanted to hear the voice of the other person again. He sang of a promised long made, of how they were to meet again someday.

He sang about how this person’s heart was lost in the shadow, an eclipse of the heart, but he was watching over them, waiting for the day, waiting to offer his hands, to show them that they’re not alone in this world.

She was too enthralled by his voice, lost within it. Her eyes shot open when she felt a presence loomed over here. He stood there with a bright smile on his face, offering his hand to her. His guitar slung across his back. Reluctantly she took his hand.

She had wanted to remain unnoticed to him, but here he was helping her up to her feet. How long has it been since she came face-to-face with him? She had been at her lowest point three years ago. Whether she had chosen it or not - the darkness had followed her everywhere and she knew she needed help professional help.

So she left, but before she could sneak away without him noticing her he had made her promise that she would come back to him someday.

She had been back for over six months now, but she was afraid that time might have worked against her. She had been gone for longer than expected and he might not remember the promise they had made. She didn’t have the courage to face him if that was the case, so she kept herself hidden.

She found out that he came to this park to perform everyday around the same time in the evening. So every day she was here, hidden in the shadow of the tree.

He pulled her toward him; his arms embraced her so tight the breath went out of her, “Today must be that someday, huh?”

The excitement in his voice made her cracked a smile and chuckled, “Have you waited long?”

“I’ll wait forever if I had to,” when she thought no one can hug as tightly as he was, but he tightens his embrace further. “But now that you’re back I’m never letting you go!”

That made her gasp for more air, but also made her chuckle even harder, “Lee Jong Hyun, since when are you this cheesy?”

“Since I had fallen head over heels for you, Amber,” he lessened his embrace a little as he leaned in to kiss her.