Love and Time

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

He used to think that it took time to fall in love with someone. The longer the time the more meaningful that bond of love is.

He never dreamt that she would walk into his life and change everything.

The moment he laid his eyes on her it was like he couldn’t see anyone else around them. The moment their eyes met it was like everything on earth stood still. 

She took his breath away. It felt like his heart escaped his chest and flew over to her.

He finally understood what love is when he met her, when he finally experienced it for himself. In that split second when their eyes met he knew that time can’t dictate love, even if it is currently one-sided.  

He was lost in this thought when he felt hands on his shoulders. He turned his head to the side to see who it was and his face was only inches from hers. An uncontrollable heat rushed to his face and he hoped that she didn’t notice it.

“Why are you spacing out, Sung Jae?” She was standing beside him now. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders. 

“Noo ... noo ... na” he couldn’t help himself and stuttered.

She giggled, “Did I scare you that much?” he shook his head. “If I didn’t scare you then why did you just stuttered?”

He smiled back at her. A smile that he hoped would make her think that he had something to hide, “Oh, it’s nothing really.”

She pouted and his heart skipped a beat. He’s young, but one day this girl is going to give him a heart attack because she is way too cute in his eyes.

“Don’t lie to me, Yook Sung Jae!”

He smirked and placed his arm around her waist. He brought her closer to him, “Do you really want to know, Amber-noona?”

Slowly, a rosy scarlet color spread over Amber's cheeks, making her face take on an almost childlike appearance.

It took so much effort for him not to pull her in and placed a kiss on her lips.